The Twilight Sad

Regular John

Anyone else at the Voodoo Rooms for Edinburgh's premier gig tonight?

Spent a bit of time after the gig chatting to legend Stuart Braithwaite who was beside us at the gig.

What a night.

Bollox, I missed it ! Just getting into them, a mate of mine is a big fan of theirs. Picked up Forget The Night Ahead at Fopp last Saturday ... and another couple of their CD's ... so just at the stage where I'm getting more and more into the tracks. Think I'm going to be obsessional about them :tt1:

Next time !

Was an amzing gig, 6th time now i've seen them and think that was the best. Chatting to the singer afterwards.....top guy.

InNothingWeTrust
Anyone else at the Voodoo Rooms for Edinburgh's premier gig tonight?

Spent a bit of time after the gig chatting to legend Stuart Braithwaite who was beside us at the gig.

What a night.

No chance!

Them Crooked Vultures at the Corn Exchange last night! Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones. An absolute masterclass in rock n' roll. So good. So, so good.

InNothingWeTrust
Another one to check out from the same record label (if you haven't already) is We Were Promised Jetpacks. Seen them at TITP and King Tuts last month - Their album is excellent.

An edinburgh band and they are supporting the Enemy at Hogmanay too.

http://www.myspace.com/wewerepromisedjetpacks

They went to the same school as me (Craigmount). I remember seeing them twice in the battle of the bands at school 4 or 5 years ago under the name The Winkle Experience. They covered Franz Ferdinand both years, I think. Apparently the record label didn't like the name Winkle Experience, so they changed it to WWPJ, which is partly made up from a David Brent quote, I believe.

No chance!

Them Crooked Vultures at the Corn Exchange last night! Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones. An absolute masterclass in rock n' roll. So good. So, so good.

Haha

Maybe ten years ago, Homme and Grohl have been pretty lackluster for quite sometime now.

I have listened to the Them Crooked Vultures album and I wasn't that impressed tbh, it just seems like one big vanity project.

Prefer Kyuss or early QOTSA over that any day.

InNothingWeTrust
Haha

Maybe ten years ago, Homme and Grohl have been pretty lackluster for quite sometime now.

I have listened to the Them Crooked Vultures album and I wasn't that impressed tbh, it just seems like one big vanity project.

Prefer Kyuss or early QOTSA over that any day.

Haha. I'd probably agree with you on that, I much prefer Homme's guitar playing in Kyuss than in QOTSA, but they are three of my idols and couldn't care less if the music was ****.

I was wondering with a username like that, that you would have known about TCV playing in Edinburgh!

Archived