Aberdeen

super_vlad

Alright guys, need a wee bit of help here. Does anyone know any decent bars or clubs in Aberdeen ? Going up for the cup game and we're staying over night so were looking for some decent tips.

Head down Belmont Street (Just off Union Street about half way up) there's loads of bars down there on both sides of the street. Even two converted churches, the Priory and I can never remember the other one.

Only club ive been to is Liquid - but think of a smaller Cavendish and you have the idea... :(

what kind of music do you like?

Pearl Lounge is good for your general cheese.

Korova and Exodus are good for some heavier stuff

Espionage is good if you like hip hop.

Liquid and Priory are good if you like whatever is in the charts (and easy ******)

SPENT WEEKEND UP THERE BEFORE -- TREETOPS HOTEL I THINK.

Lots of bars and sports bars off union street -- avoid the docks area -- dump.

Walk along Union street is like going along George street -- plenty of bars and of course if you are allowed persons of the opposite sex.

Doctor FinnBarr
SPENT WEEKEND UP THERE BEFORE -- TREETOPS HOTEL I THINK.

Lots of bars and sports bars off union street -- avoid the docks area -- dump.

Walk along Union street is like going along George street -- plenty of bars and of course if you are allowed persons of the opposite sex.

Is there some sort of strange bye-law that prevents this?

:smiley2:

Union St is a bit rough at night. Try the Prince of Wales if you like big choice of beers. Then the Grill. Forget the night clubs unless you are rich and stupid. BLue Lamp often does live blues music.

Finish off with a curry at the Nazma.

Better still - stay in Embra. Aberdeen is gash.

The Palace was good. Unfortunately it closed it 2002. And Aberdeen's never been the same since.

Mind you can't drink on the streets of Aberdeen - we had our names taken at the last league game for this terrible misdemeanour.

Union St is a bit rough at night.

It was when I walked along there on Saturday night.

There are loads of good pubs but all the bars are close to Union St and everybody empties on to there when the pubs come out. Gets a bit busy.

The People's Chimp

I disagree with gershwin as to the death of aberdeen; the pelican/subway was still open and it wasn't until the last KIA AURA that aberdeen tailed off.

Still some excellent nights on at SNAFU at the end of union st although the layout of the club is a bit meh, jungle nation is awesome if you like your d'n'b, shame that estaminet is no longer open.

Archived