Baileys

Beats

The other half has recently discovered this ****.

Going to get her a couple of bottles as part of her Xmas.She likes the original flavour.So any kickbackers tried any other flavours?

Think there is Mint,Caramel,Coffee.

Cheers

Have a look for cocktails with baileys in them.

Get her a cocktails recipe book, cocktail shaker and a few bottles.

Would look a decent gift imo.

Have a look for cocktails with baileys in them.

Get her a cocktails recipe book, cocktail shaker and a few bottles.

Would look a decent gift imo.

Can't b arsed with that carry on!!!

Tesco got it a tenner a bottle 2 of them will do her :2thumbsup:

Can't b arsed with that carry on!!!

Tesco got it a tenner a bottle 2 of them will do her :2thumbsup:

You're clearly married already ma ha

Tiberius Stinkfinger
i'm into Fruli strawberry beer right now as I'm a raving shirt lifter who has only recently come out of the closet so my opinion regarding anything isn't worth a hoot!

Sorted that for you lovey

xx xx xx

Strawberry beer? Where do you get that?

you see it here and there in pubs and get it on draught as well. the rutland has it but it's pricey. a blueback a pint. :(

i'm sure the supermarkets will have it and i'm on the hunt.

you see it here and there in pubs and get it on draught as well. the rutland has it but it's pricey. a blueback a pint. :(

i'm sure the supermarkets will have it and i'm on the hunt.

Keep me posted.

I'm going to get some drink for the weekend tommorow so i'll check Tesco at Hardengreen.

Keep me posted.

I'm going to get some drink for the weekend tommorow so i'll check Tesco at Hardengreen.

As the resident Tesco Hardengreen employee, I can confirm it is there. (Or used to be at least)

portobellojambo1

I know it may sound like a daft question victorian (but I ain't a beer drinker), but does it actually taste of strawberry, or is it something to do with the colour of the drink that gives it its name.

I'll get a few tommorow and report back :2thumbsup:

don't know if you'll know about it but it's just like cresta juice you used to get years ago.

this is what i'm getting out of bed for tomorrow. work will just have to be something to eat up the day first.

As the resident Tesco Hardengreen employee, I can confirm it is there. (Or used to be at least)

Staff discount for a fellow kickbacker :th_o:

I know it may sound like a daft question victorian (but I ain't a beer drinker), but does it actually taste of strawberry, or is it something to do with the colour of the drink that gives it its name.

very distinct strawberry taste. not 'tart' and fizzy like an alcopop, just really smooth and delish.

Staff discount for a fellow kickbacker :th_o:

You're only talking 11p mate. Discounts pretty terrible.:(

I know it may sound like a daft question victorian (but I ain't a beer drinker), but does it actually taste of strawberry, or is it something to do with the colour of the drink that gets it its name.

It tastes of strawberry yes. And beer. Obviously.

When i have had too much to drink, can always manage a few double baileys to finish the night off....

don't know if you'll know about it but it's just like cresta juice you used to get years ago.

this is what i'm getting out of bed for tomorrow. work will just have to be something to eat up the day first.

Cresta rings a bell although didn't that stop in mid/late 80's or am i thinking of something else?

You're only talking 11p mate. Discounts pretty terrible.:(

It tastes of strawberry yes. And beer. Obviously.

Meant for my weeks shopping!!!!!

I'm kidding mate.

Cresta rings a bell although didn't that stop in mid/late 80's or am i thinking of something else?

don't think it's still on the go. 80s/90s would seem about right.

this is just like being an ankle biter again but with 4% alcohol in the mix.

lovely jubbly.

Right so aside from Strawberry beer and shoes and tesco's number 1 employee.Back on subject!!!

Can anyone tell me what the other flavours are like.Mint has been covered so what about the others?

don't think it's still on the go. 80s/90s would seem about right.

this is just like being an ankle biter again but with 4% alcohol in the mix.

lovely jubbly.

After all this bet someone reading this nips in before me and buys the lot!

The Old Tolbooth

But Irish Meadows and fill the Baileys bottle with it mate, it's only ?4 a bottle in Tesco's and she'll never notice the difference ;)

(p.s. don't tell her I said that :D)

Baileys..just such a christmas drink isn't it? One of those bottles you buy this time of year (along with port, sherry and brandy) then you find the idea was better than the purchase.

I've only tried the mint baileys mate..it's like drinking a milky version of an after eight in a glass but it's actually quite nice for one over ice and I'm sure you could make some great cocktails with it.

Would say the original one is the best.

Creme caramel and Mint are both alright, caramel's probably a bit nicer.

Not a fan of the coffee flavoured one.

do her a favour and ditch the baileys!!

get her some Jagos instead. its like baileys, but much nicer and much smoother.

more expensive too, but you should be able to get a bottle for ?12/?13 (the price in the link is expensive!)

its quite hard to find, but they've a website thats got stockists on it (i'm too tired to look for it!).

this is it here http://www.drinkon.com/Details/SP999111/Detail/Spirit take note of the suggestion in the link, she'll love a minty bitch!

Fruli Strawberry meets Baileys = Tequila Rose ! Quite nice stuff for women.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc562.html#

(on a side not, if you go to the link search for a 1874, one of my better moments)

Fruli is a wheat beer, so if you like that try something like Frankisar, its a bit like pale ale, but atleast people won't think you are a poof ! Or the other side go for a Kriek beer (Timmermans or Lindemans) its as gay as it comes but if you like drink fruit its lot better than WKD !

thehibsareintheirbeds

The mrs is 35 weeks pregnant and hasnt really had any cravings so far- other than the usual for clothes and handbags- but when that advert comes on for the coffee baileys she absolutely loses the plot, and it takes me half an hour to remind her she's just going to have to wait before i buy her any. Tempted to get a couple of bottles in and relax in front of sky sports with a glass or two, but i'm not sure i'd survive through one sip. Does the job baileys but doesnt beat a nice whisky or port for after dinner sherrapingpangpongs

Used to put that coffee flavoured liqueur in a glass, dash of sambucca and topped with Baileys like you do an Irish Coffee. That was nice but can't remember what it was called.

Miller Jambo 60
The other half has recently discovered this ****.

Going to get her a couple of bottles as part of her Xmas.She likes the original flavour.So any kickbackers tried any other flavours?

Think there is Mint,Caramel,Coffee.

Cheers

Aye lovely for women ,but for a guy, a big no.

Any guy drinking that stuff has serious issues.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Aye lovely for women ,but for a guy, a big no.

Any guy drinking that stuff has serious issues.

Couldn't agree more Doug.

Are you still drinking it by the pint btw ??

Miller Jambo 60
Couldn't agree more Doug.

Are you still drinking it by the pint btw ??

Pint of Midori, then get the riot squad out:smiley2:

It's flavoured with strawberries and sweet as hell - my missus drinks it. Far better drinking Kriek (Belgian beer). It can be got in a range of flavours - raspberry & cherry :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:. Much better and much more expensive than Fruli.

blondejamtart
It's flavoured with strawberries and sweet as hell - my missus drinks it. Far better drinking Kriek (Belgian beer). It can be got in a range of flavours - raspberry & cherry :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:. Much better and much more expensive than Fruli.

Kriek is cherry beer - the raspberry is called Framboise.

Be warned, Baileys is a dangerous drink.

Lorenzo Amoruso turned into a 'Baileys alcoholic' when he was out injured.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lorenzo-Amoruso-Confidential-Autobiography/dp/0951347179

"It's hilarious rubbish. I know footballers' books are generally insane one sided accounts of their ego driven urges, but Amo takes the biscuit. From tales of him getting fat and drunk during his injury fuelled Baileys addiction (what sort of bloke becomes a Baileys alcoholic for grief's sake) to his absolute incredulity and indignation at being branded a racist for racially abusing a player. The shirtless shots of him in the middle might appeal to girls (or boys) who enjoyed bouffant 80s metal though."

Archived