Play piece, Tuck money or Snack money.

jambogarry

it was play piece for me also.my mum says "shivery bite".she has doric blood in her and i think its comes from there.im away to google it.

just done a quick google and nothing about doric

I've just found a short description of "chittery bite" (aka shivery bite) on here: http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/1_edin/1_edinburgh_history_-_recollections_edinburgh_names.htm

Play piece, usually an apple from what I remember.

Shivery bite after swimming (Vickies, Great Junction Street, spying through the holes drilled in the wooden walls of the changing stalls at the girls....)

Used to go home for lunch, except on Wednesdays when I got a pound for a white pudding supper and a bottle of Vimto from Elio's.

I went to Leith Academy Primary, class full of hobos bar three Jambos. (1975-1982)

Radioactive Mince
The same as a 10p mixture?

Yes, I assume so anyway. Funny how in different areas, even just across a one mile long bridge, people call things differently.

b00kt8h2_366_206.jpg

"Oooh, a ten pence mixtyoooorre".....

Mince

What did you call it when at school.

For me it was play piece.

My mum would always give me play piece in the morning, failing that she would give me tuck money.

Snack money just dont sound right.

Thoughts.

play piece or packed lunch everyday

northfieldhearts
Still nae idea what a Shivery Bite is! Is it the same as a single Fish, but one yw cannie do in a swimmin pool? :D

It was a Jeely piece you got to eat after swimming apparently.

Archived