BT Vision/Sky/Virgin?????

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

Just looking for some advice from anyone in the know. I'm looking to get one of these installed in my new flat and just wondered if anyone can give me some advice cos my heed is battered looking at the websites and scanning the packages etc!

I want a phone package plus fast broadband but i'm outwith the cable area so maybe virgin isn't really an option. Use it for online gaming too so maybe download limit is a consideration.

Whats the best value package?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Sexton Hardcastle

Im sure there is an offer for sky HD half price for a year. Top package.

Free box and inst. Cant say no to that for 25 bucks a month. Phone/Internet might be a bit more but phone them up and check.

Just looking for some advice from anyone in the know. I'm looking to get one of these installed in my new flat and just wondered if anyone can give me some advice cos my heed is battered looking at the websites and scanning the packages etc!

I want a phone package plus fast broadband but i'm outwith the cable area so maybe virgin isn't really an option. Use it for online gaming too so maybe download limit is a consideration.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

dont even consider bt dreadful company dreadful service dreadful prices. the back catalouge of programes is good can record like sky plus but the overall value is rubbish, im binning mine for sky asap. free espn seems tempting till you see the quaility of the picture !!

dont even consider bt dreadful company dreadful service dreadful prices. the back catalouge of programes is good can record like sky plus but the overall value is rubbish, im binning mine for sky asap. free espn seems tempting till you see the quaility of the picture !!

Ive just binned my 'free-through-work' BT internet and tv package as its guff. Signed up for Virgin as they are quicker to install than Sky+ at the moment and I need the internet to work from home.

Prefer Sky but they are now much of a muchness. Virgin have 2 months free at the moment.

Sky HD is maybe the best option if you cant get cable. I use Sky for TV, Internet and Phone and the service has been fine. I pay about ?70 per month for everything and that includes Sky Sports and all the HD Channels and their fastsest Broadband package.

Phone up when ordering though, dont do it online. The girl i spoke to gave me all kinds of discounts when i moved and i ended up hardly paying for anything and got free line rental for a year.

Carl Fredrickson

Im outwith the cable area too so I have tried both BT and Sky.

I went with phone/BB/tv with Sky BUT they didnt transfer my phone over after 4 months and the BB was dreadfully slow (less than .25Mb in the evenings).

The Sky customer service was a total disgrace and I would not recommend the BB or phone to anyone - FROM MY EXPERIENCE.

BT are more expensive but I have found the BB to be far faster and have never had any problems with the phone (which is a big part to me due to my need for a reliable phoneline)

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Personally , and as I said to Virgin Media when I cancelled my contract : it doesn't matter what it costs if it doesn't work and you can't get anyone to fix it.

My adcvice : stay away from Virgin Media at all costs.

I moved to BT and Sky. No problems since.

Personally , and as I said to Virgin Media when I cancelled my contract : it doesn't matter what it costs if it doesn't work and you can't get anyone to fix it.

Have to disagree on that point. Based on my personal experience over more than 10 years as a United Artists/Telewest/Virgin Media customer they are very good. Any fault has been dealt with quickly and efficiently. The V+ box is excellent and although there are fewer HD channels than on Sky, the picture quality on our 1080p Samsung is superb. Telephone and internet service is first class. All that and without an ugly satellite dish on the house.

trinity jambo

dont go with bt vision, just helped set it up at a pals and its just shocking. Brand new out the box and it didnt work. Its good for broadband but as a tv package its poor, Virgin Media is the best for a quick set up and cheap usage if u look into getting a dbox with it. Sky on the other hand is user friendly and easy to use.

Virgin's boxes are sooo slow, their internet is not bad but much slower than talk talk and they are expensive.

Have to disagree on that point. Based on my personal experience over more than 10 years as a United Artists/Telewest/Virgin Media customer they are very good. Any fault has been dealt with quickly and efficiently. The V+ box is excellent and although there are fewer HD channels than on Sky, the picture quality on our 1080p Samsung is superb. Telephone and internet service is first class. All that and without an ugly satellite dish on the house.

I agree....:2thumbsup:

Archived