aluminium production is going to sky rocket and UBIG will make a mint.

Mr Quagmire

China is going crazy for steal just now but aluminium this year in china alone is going to sky rocket. I mean BIG time, or as far as hearts fans are concerned - UBIG TIME.

"Rising energy costs also indicate higher prices: the aluminium production process is more energy-intensive than for other base metals, and production costs have jumped by 30% over the past year. Plants are likely to be taken off stream due to rising costs, thus tightening supply, says commodities guru Jim Rogers. Aluminium should rise above $3,000 a tonne and looks set to outperform other metals next year, Dan Brebner of UBS told Bloomberg. An LSE-listed ETF tracks aluminium (ALUM)."

Big companies in places like ( Eastern Europe ) will be able to maintain these higher energy cost levels and they will be able to dictate cost throughout the worldwide markets.

So a wee message to the West Coast Media.

Go online and find out more info and print some fecking positive stuff about the mighty Jam Tarts.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
China is going crazy for steal just now but aluminium this year in china alone is going to sky rocket. I mean BIG time, or as far as hearts fans are concerned - UBIG TIME.

"Rising energy costs also indicate higher prices: the aluminium production process is more energy-intensive than for other base metals, and production costs have jumped by 30% over the past year. Plants are likely to be taken off stream due to rising costs, thus tightening supply, says commodities guru Jim Rogers. Aluminium should rise above $3,000 a tonne and looks set to outperform other metals next year, Dan Brebner of UBS told Bloomberg. An LSE-listed ETF tracks aluminium (ALUM)."

Go online and find out more info and print some fecking positive stuff about the mighty Jam Tarts.

So it's costing vlad 30% more to produce it this year.

portobellojambo1

Does the report indicate where and how The People's Republic of China plan on sourcing or purchasing said aluminium mrmack.

Maybe time for boabyarsebiscuit to post on this thread (Mods - apologies for using the name of a member who hasn't posted yet, there again if he already posted I wouldn't have bothered typing up the sentence I just did.)

Big companies in places like ( Eastern Europe ) will be able to maintain these higher energy cost levels and they will be able to dictate cost throughout the worldwide markets.

Good work mr mack, and quite an appropriate message to the weedgie

This is a positive thing that hearts fans should know about.

If you have any knowledge about worldwide financial markets then you will understand about stock prices etc.

There is no sign that China will stop. The demand for Metal over there just now is staggering.

If you have any knowledge about worldwide financial markets then you will understand about stock prices etc.

There is no sign that China will stop. The demand for Metal over there just now i staggering.

Superb work mate,hopefully it will keep roman tied up for a long time.

Dougie Masterton

Is it just aluminium they are stealing?:dribble:

Is it just aluminium they are stealing?:dribble:

yeah yeah, very funny.

Look i am currently sitting trying to find positive stories about my beloved club while helping with my 3 week old baby girl ! and my 3+1/2 year boy. And doing work on top.

give me a break, my eyes are like pi33 holes in the snow !

:confused:

The old firm media mafia will never print this kind of thing... its too high minded for them... have you seen the quality of journalism in the record

portobellojambo1

There is no sign that China will stop. The demand for Metal over there just now is staggering.

Just wait until they get into heavy metal.

1.5 billion headbangers.

Wicked.

Dougie Masterton
yeah yeah, very funny.

Look i am currently sitting trying to find positive stories about my beloved club while helping with my 3 week old baby girl ! and my 3+1/2 year boy. And doing work on top.

give me a break, my eyes are like pi33 holes in the snow !

:confused:

No in front of the bairns:dribble:

great news!

we could build our new stand with aluminimum,generating

more profit for ubig.

then source a sponsor to rename the stadium possibly

coca cola or more likely we've been TANGOED.

The old firm media mafia will never print this kind of thing... its too high minded for them... have you seen the quality of journalism in the record

I know, i just get so pi33ed off with people ( are own fans included ) getting brainwashed by the media that its all doom and gloom in Gorgie.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I can see the headline...

HEARTS FOILED AGAIN!!

is this thread for real?! i see no connection between speculating about the price of aluminium in china and the fortunes of Hearts FC. And i'm a financial expert, by the way.

what part don't you get?

it's patently obvious that every penny profit will be

given to the manager to strengthen the squad.

some people are so slow.

is this thread for real?! i see no connection between speculating about the price of aluminium in china and the fortunes of Hearts FC. And i'm a financial expert, by the way.

HAHA, you are a financial expert, wow, and you still don't get it.

UBIG is heavily involved in the production of aluminium.

Im not the one speculating, some of the biggest financial experts are.

is your glass half empty mate ?

I am just trying to push some positives here after all the weeks of " UBIG are going bust bul****"

No wonder, it's got feck all to do with football, or Hearts.

No wonder, it's got feck all to do with football, or Hearts.

Its not got anything to do with Hearts ??? :confused:

are you for real ? UBIG is VR's money.

Over the past five years, the price of aluminium, which is used in a range of items from beverage cans to aircraft fuselages, has risen by about 14% a year compared with 26% for tin and 42% for lead. But the outlook for the metals laggard is improving, says Brett Foley on Bloomberg.

Accelerating industrial production growth in China points to unexpectedly strong demand, says Deutsche Bank, which expects Chinese demand to grow by 20% this year. And there is plenty of scope for higher demand in the years ahead. A country?s aluminium consumption is closely linked to its wealth. China and India?s output per capita is still less than a sixth that of developed countries; China currently consumes ten kilograms of aluminium per head compared with over 40 in the US and Japan, as Lex points out in the FT. Meanwhile, China is reining in local aluminium production, having recently removed tax rebates on exports of most aluminium products. By 2009, China may be a net aluminium importer, according to Michael Widmer of investment bank Calyon.

pardon my ignorance but is your point that if your local

chinese takeaway like mine,still uses aluminium trays

rather than the more enviromentally friendly decomposable

trays then we are in line for a sharp increase in the price of a ruby murray subsequently hearts taking a slice of the profits?:confused:

Its not got anything to do with Hearts ??? :confused:

are you for real ? UBIG is VR's money.

I don't doubt Romanov will benefit from this, but just because HIS wealth increases it does not mean it will be invested in Hearts.

I don't doubt Romanov will benefit from this, but just because HIS wealth increases it does not mean it will be invested in Hearts.

at what point did i say that all UBIG's profit will be invested in hearts.

This thread is to point out that there should be good times ahead for UBIG and in turn will be very beneficial for HMFC.

Hearts are part of the UBIG company. Its very simple.

There is no need whatsoever to worry about the level of debt. We will be doing everything we can to cover the debt, we are comfortable with the figures, and there is no problem with the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas.

Lithuania Central Bank will ensure that we hold within our limit and we are protected with my shares and the rest of my wealth.

The above was taken from Romanov's Q & A.

You could argue that it may have a bearing on Hearts in some shape or form regarding the rise in price of metals etc...

I am sure exporting metals it's an integral part of UBIGs business.

This thread is to point out that there should be good times ahead for UBIG and in turn will be very beneficial for HMFC.

Mod delete

romanov makes umpteen millions from the sale of gordon,

hartley,webster,bednar goncalves (pending)etc etc.and continually pours all the profit back into the teamNOT!,and you presume he'll loosen the purse strings with all this profit?i think not!

There is no need whatsoever to worry about the level of debt. We will be doing everything we can to cover the debt, we are comfortable with the figures, and there is no problem with the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas.

Lithuania Central Bank will ensure that we hold within our limit and we are protected with my shares and the rest of my wealth.

The above was taken from Romanov's Q & A.

You could argue that it may have a bearing on Hearts in some shape or form regarding the rise in price of metals etc...

I am sure exporting metals it's an integral part of UBIGs business.

Thats correct. :)

romanov makes umpteen millions from the sale of gordon,

hartley,webster,bednar goncalves (pending)etc etc.and continually pours all the profit back into the teamNOT!,and you presume he'll loosen the purse strings with all this profit?i think not!

Franco the Schoolkid.

Enough said.

Bit late for you tonight, off to bed now.

Whilst there are many companies with regard to aluminium; I am sure that even David Murray owns a few metal companies; one of those is with regards to aluminium.

That said numerous worldwide aluminium companies competing for numerous tenders, I just hope Romanov is more sensible than the team selection.

Good for UBIG.

I want good times for Hearts though.

portobellojambo1
Franco the Schoolkid.

Enough said.

Bit late for you tonight, off to bed now.

I had the same problem mrmack. I saw the words schoolkid under a logonid and then went to user profile to check the age of the person I was responding to, just to make sure my response was worded accordingly. Discovered I was actually responding to a 54 year old. Think schoolkid is a term allocated by the system, for relatively new posters, or posters with low post counts.

goodnight

hope being too excitable doesn't affect your sleep!

say night to your wee yins from me mate!;)

hmmm, your just proving one thing.

Hobo Alert.

I had the same problem mrmack. I saw the words schoolkid under a logonid and then went to user profile to check the age of the person I was responding to, just to make sure my response was worded accordingly. Discovered I was actually responding to a 54 year old. Think schoolkid is a term allocated by the system, for relatively new posters, or posters with low post counts.

You can read his posts and make your own mind up porto.

Whilst there are many companies with regard to aluminium; I am sure that even David Murray owns a few metal companies; one of those is with regards to aluminium.

That said numerous worldwide aluminium companies competing for numerous tenders, I just hope Romanov is more sensible than the team selection.

This is true, I think Murray is more involved with Steel.

There proposal for re development at castle greyskull comes as no surprise because Murray will be indeed making a mint just now from Steel.

I think the most important thing is that UBIG can indeed sustain there production in Eastern Europe because there energy is more sustainable / cheaper. ie coal.

I am not 100% sure though.

I have every sympathy with the OP!

Whenever there are any rumours [as opposed to a confirmed business forecast] about the state of Ukio Bankas/Ubig's finances with a negative spin (just look at the thread about banks in trouble recently and how that was behind the 'fact' that we were going into receivership) it was all doom and gloom!

The OP was simply making the point that the holding company, who are carrying our debt and underwriting the stadium development, have much enhanced business prospects in the next few years because of the projected boom in aluminium market prices.

That IS good news and places the business, of which Hearts are a part, on a stronger footing, and the drip drip of cynicism doesn't change the validity of that piece of, if not earth shattering, then simply 'good' news!

This is true, I think Murray is more involved with Steel.

There proposal for re development at castle greyskull comes as no surprise because Murray will be indeed making a mint just now from Steel.

I think the most important thing is that UBIG can indeed sustain there production in Eastern Europe because there energy is more sustainable / cheaper. ie coal.

I am not 100% sure though.

I have just looked it up.

David Murray is dealing in quite a few metals ..... one of which is aluminium.

He might even source it from elsewhere and offer deals cheaper etc. Thus negating the production costs etc.

Even said all the above is a thimble of all the companies competing for tenders in China. I would be surprised if either UBIG or Murray Metals get anywhere near a contract.

Good for UBIG.

I want good times for Hearts though.

I am a firm believer that things will be sweet for Hearts and that with the admission form VR that he now knows there needs to be a manager with full control in place is a massive step in the right direction.

I just want to get something positive on this board about UBIG after all the pash over the last few weeks.

I have just looked it up.

David Murray is dealing in quite a few metals ..... one of which is aluminium.

He might even source it from elsewhere and offer deals cheaper etc. Thus negating the production costs etc.

Even said all the above is a thimble of all the companies competing for tenders in China. I would be surprised if either UBIG or Murray Metals get anywhere near a contract.

Murray Metals is not involved in the production of aluminium though.

His companies like Multi Metals LTD and Premier Alloys / Ireland Alloys etc all deal in buying and prepping metals and selling them on.

He will be looking to buy ALU from people like UBIG.

I wonder if he does ? :dribble:

Murray Metals is not involved in the production of aluminium though.

His companies like Multi Metals LTD and Premier Alloys / Ireland Alloys etc all deal in buying and prepping metals and selling them on.

He will be looking to buy ALU from people like UBIG.

I wonder if he does ? :dribble:

I would think most likely not and go elsewhere ..... and ultimately cheaper.

I imagine companies like Chalco will get the major and majority contracts.

Its correct to say that there are bigger companies in the states producing ALU

And yes there is the dollar to consider etc

I am sure there will be enough to go round that UBIG will indeed be stronger this year than last year.

Its correct to say that there are bigger companies in the states producing ALU

And yes there is the dollar to consider etc

I am sure there will be enough to go round that UBIG will indeed be stronger this year than last year.

Yes but getting the small contracts are not what UBIG are after.

Every company wants the large, major ones ....... hence why I mentioned Chalco.

P.S - Chalco is the largest producer of primary aluminum in China.

Also, i think UBIG are involved with energy companies, the production of ALU uses a huge amount of energy.

I am trying to find out what energy companies UBIG owns but the info is not in english so its proving quite difficult.

Yes but getting the small contracts are not what UBIG are after.

Every company wants the large, major ones ....... hence why I mentioned Chalco.

P.S - Chalco is the largest producer of primary aluminum in China.

China is reining in local aluminium production, having recently removed tax rebates on exports of most aluminium products. By 2009, China may be a net aluminium importer, according to Michael Widmer of investment bank Calyon.

Can you see what i am getting at ?

UBIG will be stronger this year and should be for the next few years.

China is reining in local aluminium production, having recently removed tax rebates on exports of most aluminium products. By 2009, China may be a net aluminium importer, according to Michael Widmer of investment bank Calyon.

Can you see what i am getting at ?

UBIG will be stronger this year and should be for the next few years.

Two words in your posting that sticks out "may" and "according".

Besides, I merely quoted local Chinese companies.

I didn't even venture into foreign owned Chinese metal companies.

Can you see what I am getting at?

Two words in your posting that sticks out "may" and "according".

Besides, I merely quoted local Chinese companies.

I didn't even venture into foreign owned Chinese metal companies.

Can you see what I am getting at?

No i don't TBH.

China are using so much ALU that they are going to have to import 10 times as much as they can produce.

I think you would be quite surprised at the amount of ALU lines UBIG own, not to mention the energy companies / mining etc

The energy needed to produce ALU is huge.

UBIG expanding aluminium production chain

Ukio Banko Investicine Grupe is expanding

the infrastructure for the production of

aluminium in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

In the second phase of the expansion, there

are plans to install one or a few more alumina

processing lines with an annual capacity of

at least 125,000 tons each. UBIG says it is

searching for partners for this project.

In developing a continuous aluminium

production process chain, UBIG is seeking

to diversify the risks and avoid negative

consequences in the event of unfavourable

conditions on any of the markets across the

production chain.

The continuous aluminium production

chain will increase added value and help the

company revitalise other industries, such as

bauxite mining, electric energy production

nas.

Vertybiniai Popieriai stock. The aim of the