We Are Too Big To Go Down

missusm

Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham have all been relegated in recent years and they are much, much bigger clubs than us.

Hope this helps.

yes but they did not have dross like Hamilton and Falkirk as relegation rivals. I am confident that we will turns things round to finish a spectacular 8th or 9th.

yes but they did not have dross like Hamilton and Falkirk as relegation rivals. I am confident that we will turns things round to finish a spectacular 8th or 9th.

It's all relative though isn't it? I expect they felt that they should finish above dross like Stoke or Hull but they didn't. The saving grace for us is that only one team goes down.

Absolute p*sh, anyone who believes that is either blind or stupid beyond saving.

Or, in fairness........All Three :10900:

It's all relative though isn't it? I expect they felt that they should finish above dross like Stoke or Hull but they didn't. The saving grace for us is that only one team goes down.

Stoke dross? 12th place last season

Stoke dross? 12th place last season

Sorry, i was being a bit ironic but i don't think it really came across very well!

The point is that at the start of the season there would have been teams that the likes of Newcastle would have felt confident that they would be too big for and would be the boys looking likely for the drop. However the likes of Hull or Stoke excelled themselves last year, Newcastle couldn't and it was they not the smaller clubs who were relegated.

I was just trying to show that however much we think the likes of Falkirk and Hamilton are smaller or "dross" they can all turn it on and we shouldn't underestimate them.

alwaysthereinspirit
I know this wont go down well with some but I'm not that bothered.

HMFC will not go down. We are too big to take the chance. If it get's to the stage where it's looking like a possibility then something WILL be done. Romanov wouldn't allow it. He couldn't allow it.

Let's keep the faith a bit

I agree. No way could Heart of Midlothian ever get relegated.

Wait a minute, who else remembers the late 70's early 80's or was that just a nightmare that I never woke up from?:qqb017:

To all those using Newcastle, Leeds etc as examples....these teams are also competing with other 'big' teams. Apart from the top 4 or 5 in the Premiership everybody is as big as each other, and somebody has to go down. Leeds only went down a second time because of a points deduction. You can't compare Premiership teams to the SPL teams.

The SPL is totally different. Hearts are a much bigger club than Hamilton, St Johnstone, Falkirk, St Mirren and this is what will see us playing in the SPL again next season.

As for the Hibs comments, there's enough people on here who know that's not true so thats enough

Do I think we'll go down? No. I think we'll end up 7th, and will be amazed if it's lower than 9th. Only one team going down in a 12-team league does provide real breathing space, and in theory, makes it very easy for a big/mid-ranking club in unexpected difficulties like ourselves to pull away into smoother waters. That we're still seventh even now despite being such utter garbage has to tell us something.

But while I don't think we will go down, I absolutely think we could. The manager's appallingly negative, which has rubbed off on the team. The owner isn't interested, and won't get rid of him. We can't score goals; we don't battle; we throw leads away. On top of that, we'll be selling key players in January and don't know what's going to happen with the ?17.6m we owe UBIG. All the other sides down there with us expected to be in that position, and will battle and scrap for every single point. Will we?

Beware, missusm. When football fans think it couldn't possibly get any worse, it very often does. :hat2:

No danger that the club is too big to go down - what is the saving grace is that there are other teams who will be in deeper shecht come January.

Perversely, Barr and Arfield going to the Hobos is likely to be the thing that dooms Falkirk, and if rumours are true that Kyle is lined up to to go there too that knackers Killie. The loss of these players would have more effect than the loss of Wallace and Driver.

Oh the irony, eh?

i'll bet all the over rated,over paid cheats,branded as players that we have,are saying we are too big to go down :qqb021:

Just a thought. Do all the clubs grounds in Division 1 meet SPL requirements?

I remember Falkirk being denied promotion many moons ago.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Leeds,

twice :10900:

I understand they are still in the lower reaches of English football

Charlie-Brown
Just a thought. Do all the clubs grounds in Division 1 meet SPL requirements?

I remember Falkirk being denied promotion many moons ago.

Dundee, Partick & Raith all have SPL compliant stadiums and have played in the SPL previously - Queen of the South's Palmerston Park isn't anywhere near SPL standard.

Who is worse?

At the moment no-one is worse than us.

What really worries me is we don't look up for a fight!

At the moment no-one is worse than us.

What really worries me is we don't look up for a fight!

Killie are, and Falkirk will be.

Depends what happens player wise come January

Archived