We Are Too Big To Go Down

missusm

I know this wont go down well with some but I'm not that bothered.

HMFC will not go down. We are too big to take the chance. If it get's to the stage where it's looking like a possibility then something WILL be done. Romanov wouldn't allow it. He couldn't allow it.

Let's keep the faith a bit

HMFC will not go down. We are too big to take the chance. If it get's to the stage where it's looking like a possibility then something WILL be done. Romanov wouldn't allow it. He couldn't allow it.

Its happened before , it can happen again.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham have all been relegated in recent years and they are much, much bigger clubs than us.

Hope this helps.

Is that not what they said about Newcastle United? Or even Leeds.

When we're playing 1 up front against Hamilton when we're desperate for some points - this shows we are ****e enough to go down.

Get Csaba out, and bring in a manager who will play more positively, and we will have a much better chance of avoiding a relegation dog fight.

I remember saying the same thing in the late 70's. The OF HEarts and Aberdeen had never been down, it couldn't happen.

It did.

For what it's worth I don't think we will, but it won't be pretty.

portobellojambo1

Absolute p*sh, anyone who believes that is either blind or stupid beyond saving.

loveofthegame

What an idiot. However ''big'' we are as a club(which isn't that big btw...) means absolutely ****ing hee haw. It'll come down to one thing and one thing only, and thats how good we are. And at this moment in time we are definitely poor enough to go down.

Leeds were in the semi finals of the Champions League not too long ago.

Newcastle were a solid mid-table Premiership team too until last year.

Nobody is ever too big to go down.

Its not really about being "too big" to go down is it. Being big never EVER saved a sh\te team from relegation.

Its about being "too sh\te" to stay up and we're almost ticking that box.

If Falkirk catch a 3 or 4 game run any time soon, we're in serious danger IMO because this team does not have the stomach for a battle

The only 2 guaranteed not to go down is the OF.

We can go down,scarey thought,but being realistic.

You don't honestly think Dundee Utd,Aberdeen,Hibs even Motherwell can go down?

The Old Tolbooth

If your a Jambo then your completely deluded, but I really don't think your a Jambo so your just bait!

Daydream Believer

I don't think that we'll go down. However, it's not because we're too big a club, it's because I thing there's worse teams thyan us.

When I first started going to games Aberdeen seemed like world beaters. If we managed a draw against them I should have been delighted. Was I? Was I feck!! I thought we would win every game we ever payed.

In some ways it makes me happy to see threads like these because it reminds me that there are supporters who still feel the spark I first felt watching the team.

It';s not there for me anymore but I am delighted that it exhists still for other supporters.

Thread title should be edited to "We are too big to survive going down".

Relegation is a very, very serious threat for us and would be a fatal blow. Having watched all the teams in the SPL we look the worst and I don't see that changing with our 'players'.

It is a possibility. Hearts are not too big to go down.

IMO we will be bottom by the turn of the year unless there is a change in management.

As i said in a earlier thread we must change the manager before the end of the window to give the new guy half a chance to try and get some decent players in.

The Old Tolbooth
I don't think that we'll go down. However, it's not because we're too big a club, it's because I thing there's worse teams than us.

Where about?

I don't think that we'll go down. However, it's not because we're too big a club, it's because I thing there's worse teams thyan us.

When I first started going to games Aberdeen seemed like world beaters. If we managed a draw against them I should have been delighted. Was I? Was I feck!! I thought we would win every game we ever payed.

In some ways it makes me happy to see threads like these because it reminds me that there are supporters who still feel the spark I first felt watching the team.

It';s not there for me anymore but I am delighted that it exhists still for other supporters.

Who is worse?

You don't honestly think Dundee Utd,Aberdeen,Hibs even Motherwell can go down?
I would have said the same about us last season,that we could never go down.No Dundee Utd etc wont go down this season.But no team knows whats round the corner for them.

I would have said the same about us last season,that we could never go down.No Dundee Utd etc wont go down this season.But no team knows whats round the corner for them.

Thought you meant this season.

I think its true that there are teams who's collective talent is not as good as ours, but we're the most gutless team in this league by a distance and when your in a battle thats far more important.

I'm clinging to the hope that we can get a performance out of this team in 5 or 6 key games (the next one is away to Falkirk on Boxing Day) between now and the split and have enough points on the board as a result not to be sucked into a battle. If this team goes into the split anything less than six points off the bottom, we'll go down IMO.

FYI our next games are Dundee United and Celtic at home as im sure you know, Falkirks are St Mirren away and Kilmarnock away so they could pick up a few points there IMO. We then play each other, at Falkirk. We are 5 points clear of the them who are bottom.

Daydream Believer
Who is worse?

I think that Falkirk are worse. We've been so bad this season that we can only improve. I think that they are performing at about a standard level for their team. We surely can't get worse than we are, and as bad as we are ,we're not bottom.

I'm not trying to make excuses for us though. We are poor, but not quite poor enough to be the worst team in the SPL.

I think that Falkirk are worse. We've been so bad this season that we can only improve. I think that they are performing at about a standard level for their team. We surely can't get worse than we are, and as bad as we are ,we're not bottom.

I'm not trying to make excuses for us though. We are poor, but not quite poor enough to be the worst team in the SPL.

We hope.

Daydream Believer
We hope.

That's it mate, we can only hope. It's a sad state of affairs when we just want to get to the end of the season without any major problems. Still the cups though at least.

I don't think you'll go down. Even as early as it is, your win at Killie last week was huge.

But, as A.N.Other posted, it ain't going to be pretty.

I don't think you'll go down. Even as early as it is, your win at Killie last week was huge.

But, as A.N.Other posted, it ain't going to be pretty.

What team do you support?

What brings you on here?

Live in Edinburgh. Look out for both Edinburgh teams. Hate the old firm with a passion.

Also work as a journalist so been at Tynecastle x5 this season.

Which is what I base my conclusion that you won't go down on.

But if there aren't major changes at the club... well, you know the rest.

Live in Edinburgh. Look out for both Edinburgh teams. Hate the old firm with a passion.

Also work as a journalist so been at Tynecastle x5 this season.

Which is what I base my conclusion that you won't go down on.

But if there aren't major changes at the club... well, you know the rest.

:2thumbsup:Hope you're right.

:2thumbsup:Hope you're right.

Like I said, not this season I don't think, but you're really up **** creek financially.

Anyway, good night and good luck...

Teuchterjambo

Man Utd have been relegated in the not too distant past - of course they are not as big a club as the Hearts !

That's a relief then.

Please smell the coffee before you post this nonsense - you never know it may bring you to your senses and avoid making a bit of a plum of yourself.

Corals are amazingly offering odds of 25/1 for Hearts to finish bottom, which I think is extremely generous.

I could never bring myself to bet on Hearts misfortunes but I wouldn't be surprised if there's people in Kaunas steaming in as I type.

Guest Vanbasten1874
Thread title should be edited to "We are too big to survive going down".

Relegation is a very, very serious threat for us and would be a fatal blow. Having watched all the teams in the SPL we look the worst and I don't see that changing with our 'players'.

Just what i was going to say saddled with 30mil debt in the first division the consequences would be dire .

Corals are amazingly offering odds of 25/1 for Hearts to finish bottom, which I think is extremely generous.

I could never bring myself to bet on Hearts misfortunes but I wouldn't be surprised if there's people in Kaunas steaming in as I type.

Neither could I but the flip side is ?100 investment might provide a meagre bit of solace should the dark day arrive.

Hearts could go down, but even if we manage to scramble enough points to stay up, after yesterday's farce, it wouldn't surprise me if the SFA docked us 10 points to send us down.

Shhhh! If Vlad realises that he could put a couple of million on us going down, pick up the winnings and pay off the debt. Could take match-fixing to a whole new level.

To all those using Newcastle, Leeds etc as examples....these teams are also competing with other 'big' teams. Apart from the top 4 or 5 in the Premiership everybody is as big as each other, and somebody has to go down. Leeds only went down a second time because of a points deduction. You can't compare Premiership teams to the SPL teams.

The SPL is totally different. Hearts are a much bigger club than Hamilton, St Johnstone, Falkirk, St Mirren and this is what will see us playing in the SPL again next season.

As for the Hibs comments, there's enough people on here who know that's not true so thats enough

thank god for Falkirk i think they are bankers to go down however it is still too close to eliminate the thought from our head we where in the same position before but Gretna self imploaded, because we get 14,000 and the likes of falkirk, Kilmarnock and Hamilton get 4000 does not make us too big to go down what will count come May is the Heart of the players and staff of each of the clubs in the relegation battle i am not confident but optimistic we will stay up.

thank god for Falkirk i think they are bankers to go down however it is still too close to eliminate the thought from our head we where in the same position before but Gretna self imploaded, because we get 14,000 and the likes of falkirk, Kilmarnock and Hamilton get 4000 does not make us too big to go down what will count come May is the Heart of the players and staff of each of the clubs in the relegation battle i am not confident but optimistic we will stay up.

Falkirk don't look too bad in recent weeks. They got a deserved draw against Celtic (scoring 3 in the process). They have lost 8 matches this season while we've lost 7.

If they get a couple of victories behind them in the coming weeks (and against us on Boxing Day.....we're deep in the mire.

Archived