Khan v Salita

Gigolo-Aunt

Im one of them, I was making a cuppa

lol unlucky mate

khan did well especially since its the guys first loss, big things for him next year i think:2thumbsup:

That was impresive from Khan. He Knocked that boy about like a school bully.lol.

****ed at wasting ?15 on that though!! Should get our money back.. Sky are robbing bashturds!!!

KHANS THE MAN!

Alex Arthur is done for as well.

Great news that the hobo got spanked. GIRUY "Amazing" Alex :10900:

Carl Weathers
Great news that the hobo got spanked. GIRUY "Amazing" Alex :10900:

I'm disappointed. He didn't even get a mention on the TV - which shows how far he's fallen.

I love boxing but don't really 'care' about any fighters now.

Hatton and Calzaghe are gone, Froch is average and far too cocky for his ability.

It only really leaves Haye and Khan.

No good Scottish boxers except the Hobo fighting in Freddie Roach's gym.

Very impressive by Khan

His hand speed has always been incredible, but since his link up with Roach he has reached another level, and really could be the real deal.

Rupert Pupkin

As impressive as KHAN looks just now i will reserve judgement on how far he has come under ROACH until he has been punched back in anger.Although good as he has looked in 3 fights you can hardly say they were tough .BERRRA was shot, KOETELNIK ran for 12 and SALITA got caught cold.Yes he looks good and i am warming to him but he needs harder fights now.

As impressive as KHAN looks just now i will reserve judgement on how far he has come under ROACH until he has been punched back in anger.Although good as he has looked in 3 fights you can hardly say they were tough .BERRRA was shot, KOETELNIK ran for 12 and SALITA got caught cold.Yes he looks good and i am warming to him but he needs harder fights now.

I don't really get where Khan's "glass chin" comes from. The punch Prescott hit him with would have knocked anyone down. I think Khan underestimated Prescott's punching ability.

I don't really get where Khan's "glass chin" comes from. The punch Prescott hit him with would have knocked anyone down. I think Khan underestimated Prescott's punching ability.

Talk of his chin didn't start with the loss to Prescott. He'd been put on his back by 2 or 3 blown-up featherweights like Willie Limond and (I think) Michael Gomez before that fight.

Khan was sensational last night though. He's always had the amazing speed, but more recently he's relied on that alone to win him fights. They say Roach had tried to get him to put a little bit more of the strength he has into his punches for this fight, after what was a great display against Kotelnik, but one where he was never interested in hurting him, just hitting and moving. So he was thinking "power" right from the get-go last night and that showed when his first two punches landed cleanly and effectively finished the fight.

I really think he's gonna be the best fighter in the world within a few years.

Carl Weathers
Thank christ... he might stop banging on about god and how great he is.

You can't thank Christ and then have a go at someone else for being religious in the same sentence. That's just confusing.:smiley2:

Khan was amazing on saturday night. I was at the MEN to see him beat Kotelnik and his display that night was brilliant. Kotelnik was a genuine world class fighter and Khan took him to school. What Khan showed on saturday night is that while against Kotelnik he displayed his boxing prowess, jabbing, feinting and combinations, he also has the raw aggression and power now as well. When you have Khans speed you have all the power youll ever need, the problem is that you need to have the technique to make it count.

Calzaghe was a quick puncher but connected too many times with the inside of his glove to really make it count. His style was more to beat fighters with the accumulation of shots rather than go looking for the bingo punch. (By the way, I loved watching Calzaghe fight - he was a master technician)

Khan, with the guidance of Freddie Roach will rule that division. He is not the best at the moment, but he will be....

Archived