Golf Tavern

Hungry hippo

Has the pub closed down?

I've walked past a few times recently and it's always been shut. It's always been during the afternoon though so they might have reduced their opening hours.

It used to be a alright for a decent pub lunch.

ArmiyaRomanova
Has the pub closed down?

I've walked past a few times recently and it's always been shut. It's always been during the afternoon though so they might have reduced their opening hours.

It used to be a alright for a decent pub lunch.

Used to think that was a good 'traditional' (in a non-sectarian sense of the word) pub, but last time I went there it'd been modernised, sports-barified and completely ruined. Couldn't give a damn if it has closed now.

J.T.F.Robertson
Used to think that was a good 'traditional' (in a non-sectarian sense of the word) pub, but last time I went there it'd been modernised, sports-barified and completely ruined. Couldn't give a damn if it has closed now.

Same for me. Wandered in a couple of Summers ago and thought I was in the wrong pub.

Same for me. Wandered in a couple of Summers ago and thought I was in the wrong pub.

It had certainly changed beyond all recognition the last time I was in. Not the pub of my student days anymore. :57:

J.T.F.Robertson
It had certainly changed beyond all recognition the last time I was in. Not the pub of my student days anymore. :57:

I was never a student, Dave, but frequented the Golf a number of times, in bygone days of yore. :hat2: Either there, or we could be found engaged in an enthralling game of dominoes, down in the Auld Toll.

Anyway, that most recent time I was in there was a day or two prior to leaving and I just sat outside, gazing wistfully over the Links, to Arthur's Seat. :43: (sitting on a wet chair, I might add)

I often wonder how I make it back in one piece, given the outrageous antics I get up to when home. :th_o:

Aye, things just aren't what they used to be !

I recall being in there one night when a young Gavin Hastings and his Rugby pals came in on their knees singing "hi ho ..hi ho........it's off to work we go....."

I've noticed one or two pubs apparently reverting to evening opening only of late !

marshallschunkychicken

It's one of Billy Lowe's pubs isn't it?

He lives round the corner from my dad. Him and Douglas Cromb live next to each other.

Hobo **** IIRC.

It's one of Billy Lowe's pubs isn't it?

He lives round the corner from my dad. Him and Douglas Cromb live next to each other.

Hobo **** IIRC.

Dougie your right it is a Billy Lowe place.

Not shut down was serving me copious amounts on Jack last night!

Archived