Wenger is a big-nosed French git

deesidejambo

Shake hands next time you garlic-eating smelly tosser. You are **** and are not fit to eat my skitters.

There. I feel better now.

Shake hands next time you garlic-eating smelly tosser. You are **** and are not fit to eat my skitters.

:D

Please Mods can you switch of the profanity filter for a few minutes so I can express my hatred for that MOD EDIT.

Jambo, Goodbye

What happened exactly? Was it simply a case of him refusing to shake hands or did he do more to further unsult someone?

jamboinglasgow
What happened exactly? Was it simply a case of him refusing to shake hands or did he do more to further unsult someone?

apparntly he farted in Hughes' general direction then claimed that Hughes dad was a small rodent and his mum smelt of elderberries.

His team got well and truly gubbed by Man City but he legged it down the tunnel without shaking hands with Sparky.

Afterwards his quote was that he is "free to shake hands with whoever he chooses". Obviously Sparky does not merit that respect in Wengers eyes.

But its typical Wenger. No offence to French people but mod edit

Except that Carla Bruni. mod edit

Mind you, Hughes aint no manager.

Mickey Mouse could manage Sitteh and get decent results with the amount of money available to him.

Wenger is just hurting coz the mighty Gooners just got gubbed 3-0 two games in a row for the first time in god knows how long. Never been a good loser.

His team got well and truly gubbed by Man City but he legged it down the tunnel without shaking hands with Sparky.

Afterwards his quote was that he is "free to shake hands with whoever he chooses". Obviously Sparky does not merit that respect in Wengers eyes.

Except that Carla Bruni. mod edit.

He'll never change,dour faced git.

Does JKB allow racist stereotyping? Decent.

These comments disappoint me Mr Deeside.

Arsene Wenger can do what he likes, he made English football what it is. Hughes was at it all night, the pube headed deviant.

Except that Carla Bruni. mod edit.

Please Mods can you switch of the profanity filter for a few minutes so I can express my hatred for that MOD EDIT.

:rofl:

Absolutely fantastic stuff! And to the OP and Le Chat: many congratulations! After 28 years, Manchester City's quarter-final curse is finally at an end. :2thumbsup:

"You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the 100th will be Mark Hughes."

Wenger on Van Persie's head.

Maybe why they didn't chat much.

this_is_my_story
you garlic-eating smelly tosser

No offence to French people

mod edit

Amazing, isn't it! That is, what's classed (not only on JKB - but especially so when you consider that one of deesidejambo's posts was edited by a mod) as racism, and what is or isn't acceptable. Off topic, I know, but there you go.

Imagine the outrage if the OP had stated 'No offence to P@k1s'... 'Smelly biryani eating tossers' ...

Where are the usual 'morally outraged' suspects on this thread? :stuart:

:rofl:

Absolutely fantastic stuff! And to the OP and Le Chat: many congratulations! After 28 years, Manchester City's quarter-final curse is finally at an end. :2thumbsup:

What about my congrats.:10900:

City v Rags semi final.Should be a classic.:2thumbsup:

Amazing, isn't it! That is, what's classed (not only on JKB - but especially so when you consider that one of deesidejambo's posts was edited by a mod) as racism, and what is or isn't acceptable. Off topic, I know, but there you go.

Imagine the outrage if the OP had stated 'No offence to P@k1s'... 'Smelly biryani eating tossers' ...

Indeed

Except that Carla Bruni. mod edit

She's Italian!

Does JKB allow racist stereotyping? Decent.

These comments disappoint me Mr Deeside.

Arsene Wenger can do what he likes, he made English football what it is. Hughes was at it all night, the pube headed deviant.

:4_1_72::rofl::rofl:

I've heard some pesh spouted on here before but that's definately up there!

He's a grown man ffs, "I can choose who I shake hands with" what a clown.

You'd think by now he'd have learnt to take defeat with a little dignity. Another trophy he won't be winning. Jacket on shoogly peg!

She's Italian!

:10900: Indeed, but when did the facts ever get in the way of a good rant? Actually to be fair to the poster, Ms Bruni is "naturalised French", whatever that means these days.

I'm certainly not outraged at Wenger's unwillingness to shake Hughes' hand at the end of the game, although imo there has to be a very good reason not to do so. It's a good sign of sportsmanship that no matter how much your team has been thrashed, and no matter how much of a tosser the opposing manager may be, you still shake hands.

Saying that, the reactions of certain posters on this thread are hilarious. Why so much outrage because one guy refused to shake another guy's hand? Why the overt racist comments against the French (who, like other nationalities, harbour both good folk and plonkers)? Seriously, get some perspective guys. :stuart:

If they're anything like me, a bit lost for words.

:4_1_72::rofl::rofl:

I've heard some pesh spouted on here before but that's definately up there!

He's a grown man ffs, "I can choose who I shake hands with" what a clown.

You'd think by now he'd have learnt to take defeat with a little dignity. Another trophy he won't be winning. Jacket on shoogly peg!

Anyone with any knowledge of British football knows what Arsene Wenger has done for the game in this country. If he doesnt want to shake hands with Hughes because Hughes refused to aknowledge Adebayors stamp on RVP, was up to dirty tricks all game, etc etc, then he wont shake hands with him. If what I said is 'pesh' in your opinion, you must have limited knowledge of football.

I have recieved warnings on this site for far less. This is a bit of a shambles, if you can have a go at the French people then you can have a go at any race on Gods green earth then yes? Anyone got a chip on their shoulder? Just start a thread racially abusing them, it seems to be OK.

he made English football what it is

I think I'll let that last quote speak for itself to determine who's talking pesh and who's knowledge is limited.

Going by that, I've forgot more than you know. :10900:

Seymour M Hersh
Not a francophile then?

Imagine his reaction if someone tells him what Sarkozy said about the Anglo-Saxon finacial system!!! :th_o:

Yes!

Of course he did. There's only one serial offender when it comes to chucking the toys out the pram after a defeat.

Rubs off on his players.

I think I'll let that last quote speak for itself to determine who's talking pesh and who's knowledge is limited.

So you disagree, Wenger has dont nothing for English football? There are books written about everything he has done for the game FFS.

So you disagree, Wenger has dont nothing for English football? There are books written about everything he has done for the game FFS.

Where did I say he's done nothing for English football?

Books?

Sensible diet, training several times a day, fitness regimes, Diatary, fitness and life style guru's that can a good player play to that standard constantly, T-total squads, no smoking. All these things were part of the revolution that Wenger brought to England. All common practice on the continent and adopted here now thanks to Wenger intorducing them and Fergie being keen to adopt them. Thats why English football has grown to such heights. It's professional.

Wenger is still a greeting faced erse though.

Of course he did. There's only one serial offender when it comes to chucking the toys out the pram after a defeat.

Rubs off on his players.

Don't think thats true, Fergie for one, Benitez is known to have a good old strop aswell. Not saying Wenger doesn't, just that saying there's only one is unfair.

Sensible diet, training several times a day, fitness regimes, Diatary, fitness and life style guru's that can a good player play to that standard constantly, T-total squads, no smoking. All these things were part of the revolution that Wenger brought to England. All common practice on the continent and adopted here now thanks to Wenger intorducing them and Fergie being keen to adopt them. Thats why English football has grown to such heights. It's professional.

Exactly, without Wenger British football would still be in the dark ages. Players turning up ****faced for training etc. Therefore, English teams would be nothing compared to the Italians and Spannish sides. The premiership would not be the strongest league in the world, and we would never have seen the world class players like Henry, Ronaldo, and Torres turn up.

Exactly, without Wenger British football would still be in the dark ages. Players turning up ****faced for training etc. Therefore, English teams would be nothing compared to the Italians and Spannish sides. The premiership would not be the strongest league in the world, and we would never have seen the world class players like Henry, Ronaldo, and Torres turn up.

Aye, Wenger did all that.

He's a very good manager right enough, but he's an obsolute trumpet of a man. Ok a real winner doesn't accept defeat (show me a good lose and I'll show you a loser, as Sounness said), but Wenger is down-right disrespectful and it rubs off on his players who time after time behave like petulant brats.

I do not like Man U, but Wenger's condoning of his players' behaviour that day with Van Nistelrooy was outrageous and summed him up to a tee.

As for Adebayor's stamp on Van Persie, well, it was bad, but any worse than the tackle that Ven Persie put in on him in the same incident? He got stamped on cos he went into a legbreaking tackle. What goes around...

If Wenger was more of a man and instilled more respect into his teams, I've no doubt they'd have won more than they have

Gallas??

Gallas??

I'll grant you that there is the odd exception. I'm willing to bet that the amount of players that smoke at Arsenal now is completely different to the number when he first arrived. Granted social conditions have seen a decline in smoking as a whole accross society but I'd imagine it was night and day between Wenger arriving and now.

I suppose the other point to make is that Gallas is an incredible player who has shown he can perform at the highest level for 90 minutes, the Arsenal team that Wenger inherited could never have claimed that.

I've read alot of rubbish on this board but this is certainly up there with the best of them.

Wenger came in and managed to sort out the drinking culture in the WHOLE of English football? Right then.

Of course Ronaldo was world class when SAF picked him up from Sporting Lisbon and he has Wenger to thank for his great scouting.....:hat2:

mahgrassyshoes

It's funny how people take comments at only face value when it is in direct arguement with their beliefs but expect people to read between the lines or use perspective when they are making the point.

I think Wenger is a great manager, he did help in moving British football forward, he does produce quality players, he has helped arsenal become one of the EPL's most stable clubs. It then has to be questioned how such an intelligent man can be so petulant to not grin and bear a hand shake. As for it rubbing off onto his players, of course it does, the managers job is to rub off on the players (dirty minds can put their funny faces here!) and Wenger has instilled a "we are better than everyone else" attitude into his Arsenal team. Just like Watty has instilled a "we are a bunch of greeting faced barstewards and will moan at the ref at every opprtunity" and Tony Mowbray has instilled a "we try to play football, feck the result, it doesn't matter that we can't play football because we try" attitude to his squad.

'Mon the Wenger!

I've read alot of rubbish on this board but this is certainly up there with the best of them.

Wenger came in and managed to sort out the drinking culture in the WHOLE of English football? Right then.

Of course Ronaldo was world class when SAF picked him up from Sporting Lisbon and he has Wenger to thank for his great scouting.....:hat2:

The whole of English football? No. But he made a massive difference, and was miles ahead of his time. I bow to no-one in my admiration of his achievements: Arsenal had no automatic right to become anywhere near as big or consistent as they have, and it's all down to him. Plus he's done it despite taking in far, far more money than he's spent: the figures during his time there are extraordinary. I think Spurs have spent something like twice as much in net terms as Arsenal!

Unfortunately, the flip side to Wenger is a blinkered, greeting face tosser who's probably the least gracious manager in the game. He's still a genius though.

mahgrassyshoes
The whole of English football? No. But he made a massive difference, and was miles ahead of his time. I bow to no-one in my admiration of his achievements: Arsenal had no automatic right to become anywhere near as big or consistent as they have, and it's all down to him. Plus he's done it despite taking in far, far more money than he's spent: the figures during his time there are extraordinary. I think Spurs have spent something like twice as much in net terms as Arsenal!

Unfortunately, the flip side to Wenger is a blinkered, greeting face tosser who's probably the least gracious manager in the game. He's still a genius though.

Concur. This is exactly what i wanted to say!

Calm it Ross, up there with the best? That seems to be a favorite line for fans who enjoy going OTT to get their thrills.

He played a huge role in making the game in England what it is today. Anyone who does not appreciate that should have a look at some of the books written about him. Had it not been for Wenger, England would be alot further behind other European nations. Diet wise and fitness wise. As a result of this they would be behind in European competition and attracting big name players to the EPL.

Infact at England national team training, players would go up to the Arsenal players in the squad and ask them how they were looking so fit, not breathing out their arse like the rest of them. Wenger was apparently furious that his players had spilled the beans because he wanted to keep his tricks quiet for as long as possible.

Again, he played a massive role in changing the English game for the better. While some people dont like him because he is Arsenal manager/French, at least appreciate all he has done for the premiership.

Don't think thats true, Fergie for one, Benitez is known to have a good old strop aswell. Not saying Wenger doesn't, just that saying there's only one is unfair.

Baws! There can be many things thrown at Fergie but not making himself available for a handshake from his opposite after a defeat aint one of them.

Some footage of the 69/70 season League Cup Semi.

City winning the cup 1976 with a classic winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLfNz-m4E8&feature=PlayList&p=75CF938C3483ED9C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Three comments on these clips (Thanks for posting them):

1 Some really great players on show

2 Law was the poacher supreme )the mongoose doesn't begin to describe his quick reaction).

3 Stepney - what a clown!!!

All down to Wenger my hole!

Fergie had adopted "the continental way" long before Whinger showed up. Paul McGrath and many more will testify to that!

Archived