Dead Laptop

neave

I was sitting arsing about on my laptop 10 minutes ago when the thing just completely died and turned straight off.

Now the wee battery and power lights aren't showing. When I try to turn it back on again nothing happens; the lights don't even go on.

Help?

I was sitting arsing about on my laptop 10 minutes ago when the thing just completely died and turned straight off.

Now the wee battery and power lights aren't showing. When I try to turn it back on again nothing happens; the lights don't even go on.

Help?

Is it plugged in??

Seriously though I've not got a clue.

This happened to me a while ago.

Turned out it was something as basic as overheating, I was told to leave it for an hour or so until it had all cooled down and now it works fine, although it does get a bit hot sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Dean Winchester

Nothing happens at all when you try turning it on? No beep from the POST test?

Have you tried taking out the battery and back in? Tried taking out the battery and just running it from the power?

From what you've described it sounds like it could be the PSU.

Could easily be overheating too. Make sure the vents are exposed whenever you use it and it has a bit of "breathing room"

Help?

Either:

Battery is totally dead (is it an old laptop?)

Overheated

Battery conection has dust on it

Help?

Maybe your poltergeist has returned to wreak more havoc :th_o:

I unplugged everything and left it over night. It seems to be working fine now. Was a ******* too, as I had just beaten Panathinaikos 2-0 at Tynie in FM.

Cheers for the suggestions, folks.

The Old Tolbooth
I unplugged everything and left it over night. It seems to be working fine now. Was a ******* too, as I had just beaten Panathinaikos 2-0 at Tynie in FM.

Cheers for the suggestions, folks.

It probably died of shock!

It probably died of shock!

Back to normal now, John. Been playing since 10am and I couldny score in a barrel of *******.

Archived