Hero numpties

david mcgee

What is it with Britains obsession of turning numpties into heroes?

Some toffee nosed eejits sale into Iranian waters causing a possible diplomatic nightmare, at enormous expense to the British tax payer, we return them to the UK where they sell their stories and are treated like heroes.

Its exactly the same when plonkers climb mountains when horrendous weather is forecast, or when canoeists decide to go for a jolly in floods.

The examples are numerous, these prats put other peoples lives at risk, if they are not fully insured to cover possible folly they should be jailed.

Not lorded like superstars.

I've always been dismayed at our definition of "hero". For me, sporting stars, rock guitarists etc. etc. are not heroes. A hero is someone who puts personal life, limb and liberty at risk to help their fellow human beings (or the animals and nature that share this planet with us).

John Smeaton, typical loud mouth weegie

The name that crossed my mind when I saw the thread title.

Prince Buaben
Except he's not Glaswegian.

I agree he's an idiot though.

Renfrew close enough:th_o:

The floods in Cumbria saw the 'hero' policeman who was swept to his death telling cars not to drive on a bridge.

Hero? Really?

EDIT - of course this guy is not a 'numptie'...just a victim of a very unfortunate incident.

The floods in Cumbria saw the 'hero' policeman who was swept to his death telling cars not to drive on a bridge.

Hero? Really?

EDIT - of course this guy is not a 'numptie'...just a victim of a very unfortunate incident.

Just like anyone who gets a serious illness is "brave".

Archived