Cobra lager

Beats

The Old Tolbooth
660ml bottles in tesco for ?1 each.

Cracking deal that is all. :2thumbsup:

Cheers for that mate, is that at Eskbank cos I'm passing there later?

Sure is mate.

Strange thing is they have it 3 bottles for a fiver but selling it ?1 a bottle :stuart:

John grab me a dozen and I can meet you in Staggs (Musselburgh) later :10900:

Cobra isn't even Indian.

Why do Indian restaurants sell it so frequently then? Just wondering.

Any way, cold cobra is pretty damn fine. Same with Kingfisher and Lal Toofan or whatever it's called. Curry and lager go together like a dream.

660ml bottles in tesco for ?1 each.

Cracking deal that is all. :2thumbsup:

No way!! Just back from Tesco with 16 330ml bottles at 8 for 6 quid. Saw the 660ml at 3 for a fiver and thought the better deal was on the wee ones.

The 660s aren't advertised at 1 for ?1!

Gutted.

Why do Indian restaurants sell it so frequently then? Just wondering.

Clever marketing.

Cobra isn't even Indian.

Pritty sure it was originally brewed in India by a British born Indian.

Pritty sure it was originally brewed in India by a British born Indian.

Incorrect. It was brewed in Britain by a British born Indian. The marketing spin was making people believe it was produced in India.

Incorrect. It was brewed in Britain by a British born Indian. The marketing spin was making people believe it was produced in India.

I just wiki'd it to be sure. :2thumbsup:

"Cobra Beer is a British beer company founded in 1989 by Karan Bilimoria. The company is based in Fulham, south west London. Originally brewed in Bangalore, India (now Bengaluru), for export to the United Kingdom, the company now has contract brewing operations in the UK, Belgium and India."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Beer

Also, he was Indian born. Not British.

That doesn't seem to be the intention. They just marketed it as the best beer to drink with curry. I'm sure if you are trying to brand your drink to a specific market, coupling it with the country of the foods origin makes sence.

That doesn't seem to be the intention. They just marketed it as the best beer to drink with curry. I'm sure if you are trying to brand your drink to a specific market, coupling it with the country of the foods origin makes sence.

aye they reckon its got less bubbles, leaving more room for food. whilst they proved this scientifically for it in a bottle, it was deemed that they couldn't claim this in advertisments as there are too many variables when it comes from the pump

aye they reckon its got less bubbles, leaving more room for food. whilst they proved this scientifically for it in a bottle, it was deemed that they couldn't claim this in advertisments as there are too many variables when it comes from the pump

Isn't the bubbles thing to do with a smoother taste, and because flatter drinks help stop burning sensations from the spicy curry?

Isn't the bubbles thing to do with a smoother taste, and because flatter drinks help stop burning sensations from the spicy curry?

naw, thats not how i understood it anyway.

never noticed that lager gets hard going after a while and harder to drink? if you were to switch to drinking 70 or something you'd find it much easier to keep going.

Archived