****ing On The Poppys.

jambogarry

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I thought it was a bit of an overreaction, tbh. It was a terrible thing to do but I mean they were talking about jailing him ffs.

He'll never get over the shame of it and that's enough punishment I'd say.

A completely ridiculous overreaction by the media, this trivial news is still one of the top stories on the BBC.

The boys life is ruined now because of a drunken pee.

Of course, I'm sure the morally outraged haven't done anything daft whilst drunk or otherwise.

I would Slice his D**K off,

Drunk or not,

i WOULD slice it off.

Then what?

Armin Meiwes_thumb.jpg

I thought it was a bit of an overreaction, tbh. It was a terrible thing to do but I mean they were talking about jailing him ffs.

He'll never get over the shame of it and that's enough punishment I'd say.

I agree.

Stupid thing to do, but hes been named and shamed and his life will never be the same again. Punishment enough imo.

What punishment did he get btw?

Stupid thing to do, but hes been named and shamed and his life will never be the same again. Punishment enough imo.

250 hours community service, plus his university have begun disciplinary proceedings.

What business is it of the university ? -- he only studies there -- some people want this boys life over before it has really begun -- we have had murderers studying for a degree but some want him thrown out !!!

You can rob pensioners, mug youngsters, cause consistent harrassment to neighbours and still get only a slap on the wrist yet some want him jailed.

For the love of God, when you're posting these threads - ADD A LINK.

That way we'd all know what you were going radge about :D Pishing on Poppies though... Not really the best way to go about things.

It's ridiculous how out of proportion this has been blown. Yes he made an absolute ****** of himself with a totally disrespectful action, but how many of us have just ****ed up against a wall after a night out? I know I have and this guy was just unlucky that he ****ed on a monument.

Being named and shamed is enough punishment, to be kicked out of the Uni would be a disgrace. Totally hypocritical of them since I'm sure they sell drink very cheaply and in a way encourage binge drinking.

Regal Kingston
I would Slice his D**K off,

Drunk or not,

i WOULD slice it off.

I feel a wee bit sorry for the lad. Who hasn't done something they shouldn't of when they are drunk? It never should have made the papers.

He will pay his debt to the community through his 250 hours community service. Thats 6 or 7 working weeks so he'll have plenty time to think about what he done.

I think he should help out with the Haig fund to learn why his actions were so abhorrent

It's ridiculous how out of proportion this has been blown. Yes he made an absolute ****** of himself with a totally disrespectful action, but how many of us have just ****ed up against a wall after a night out? I know I have and this guy was just unlucky that he ****ed on a monument.

You're right that this has been blown out of proportion, but to say he was "unlucky" is nonsense. The boy knew exactly what he was doing ****ing on a monument that was covered with poppies; probably showing off.

You're right that this has been blown out of proportion, but to say he was "unlucky" is nonsense. The boy knew exactly what he was doing ****ing on a monument that was covered with poppies; probably showing off.

Agree that it wasn't bad luck, just very crass and stupid. Although as others have posted we've all done numerous things (and people) which we would never do when sober and cannot believe we have done in the morning.

Community service is the correct decision and the guy should be allowed to get on with the rest of his life. Especially as the judge said he had never seen anyone before him who was so contrite.

Some of our fans are becoming so poppy obsessed that I feel it is starting to detract from what is for every Jambo a proud part of our history. Time for the Jambo poppy police to calm down and move on IMO.

He's a student , surrounded by likeminded **** heads. Except they're white & middle class so no one gets too outraged most of the time. If it had been some chav it would have been very different.

I live in a town that looks like a war zone because of students like him.

He thought he was being clever but he wasn't and he got caught.

He'll get over it - probably on the next pub crawl.

Edit - where's Jan Moir when you really need her ?

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

i despise students, i graft 8-5 everyday as a spark(no dawdle) with no reward apart from stress and these peckers get everything handed to them( e.g club nights given to them.... cav on a sunday, also dominos pizza 3 pound for a large!!!!)

this story adds to the hatred

i despise students, i graft 8-5 everyday as a spark(no dawdle) with no reward apart from stress and these peckers get everything handed to them( e.g club nights given to them.... cav on a sunday, also dominos pizza 3 pound for a large!!!!)

I agree,these feckwits think the world owes them a living.

Maybe if you'd gone to university you'd have heard about these things called wages.

No wonder those with degrees tend to make more money, as well as getting to have sex with girls with a better quality of accent.

:2thumbsup:

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Maybe if you'd gone to university you'd have heard about these things called wages.

No wonder those with degrees tend to make more money, as well as getting to have sex with girls with a better quality of accent.

hahahahahahaha

Sterling Archer

I agree, stick in at school kids and you'll go far :D

Oh aye, lucky us, we get a special night to one of the ****miest, crappiest clubs known to man.

It isn't even filled with students really, go in there on a sunday and it is a bunch of mickey mousers from napier/telford and the like.

Surely you were a student when studying your apprenticeship tho?

Yes, we've all been caught short of an evening. However, according to one of the replies on the article anyway, it sounds like this chap has gone a bit out of his way to reach the monument. Basically we are back to acceptable standards of behaviour here aren't we. Now I don't know exactly how I came to be respectful of other peoples property, but it's that basic respect that we have pretty much lost I think.

If I'm gagging for a pee while waiting on the late bus, I don't just let rip against the shelter wall !...........I nip off and find somewhere dark and secluded to do it.

Now if he'd only just done that then we would not have been having this discussion.

sorry mate, just woke up...whats going on?

*looks over to kitchen table* Ooh leftover dominos for breakfast, WIN!

Dr Ian Malcolm
Oh aye, lucky us, we get a special night to one of the ****miest, crappiest clubs known to man.

It isn't even filled with students really, go in there on a sunday and it is a bunch of mickey mousers from napier/telford and the like.

Oi! Expected better from you Forest!

Dr Ian Malcolm
sorry mate, just woke up...whats going on?

*looks over to kitchen table* Ooh leftover dominos for breakfast, WIN!

As if you leave leftovers ya greedy bas...

Seems to me the sentence and future reputation as the idiot who peed on the poppies is more than enough. Reluctantly:smiley2:have to agree with Melbourne Jambo the 11th is well past and the poppies are redundant because of the permanence of the memorial. Not worth total destruction of a young man's life, and the guys on the memorial would be the first to agree. Really the fact of his occupation is of no practical relevance.

No matter how wrecked you are, nobody with an ounce of common sense would ever pee on a war memorial. This erse needs to be sent along to the barracks to explain himself to our soldiers and maybe participate in their training - including unarmed combat.

Carl Weathers

Ringpiece of a comment.

I trust that clarifies matters.

No matter how wrecked you are, nobody with an ounce of common sense would ever pee on a war memorial.

Thing is...when you're p!shed :- common sense is in short supply.

Thing is...when you're p!shed :- common sense is in short supply.

Even in drink, there are limits that kick in.

In drink, boundaries and limits are often sadly blurred.

This case is a good example.

Unless, of course, this case is a good example of the different limits and boundaries that different people may have.

Unless, of course, this case is a good example of the different limits and boundaries that different people may have.

Correct.

An example of someone, p!shing somewhere they shouldn't.

Thats unfair, university can be extremely stressful a few times a year.

I agree,these feckwits think the world owes them a living.

:lol: what?

I agree cav is a dive.

BTW, I dont go to Napier, infact I am not at any of Edinburgh's universities, so I have no reason to defend it but something about calling people who go to a certain university 'mickey mousers' gets right up my nose. Whats with the snobby comments I always hear being made about Napier? Are they justified or are they just made by Edinburghs enormous middle class toff student population. I assume you think you are better than them because you go to a better university? Thats pretty homo IMO.

marshallschunkychicken
Seems to me the sentence and future reputation as the idiot who peed on the poppies is more than enough. Reluctantly:smiley2:have to agree with Melbourne Jambo the 11th is well past and the poppies are redundant because of the permanence of the memorial. Not worth total destruction of a young man's life, and the guys on the memorial would be the first to agree. Really the fact of his occupation is of no practical relevance.

Bob, whilst I agree with your point on the whole, it should be noted that yes, the 11th is past, but this has been reported due to it being in court. The actual offence took place a couple of weeks ago.

People that moan about students are just jealous.

No one's moaning about this guy. He's been caught. owned.

But for the record , what are we jealous of ?

The lie-ins and days off.

THats about all I can think of that I miss about my uni days.

THere seems to be a myth that if you work you cant go out on the peeve as much. This is balls (well in my case). I can now afford to get rat arsed every night of the week if I choose too. I can also go on very nice holidays a couple of times a year. Working is far better in my opinion, although I guess it depends on what you do for a living.

Correct.

An example of someone, p!shing somewhere they shouldn't.

Correct. Call me old fashioned but, although I've no time whatsoever for religion, I would never dream of sloping into a church or chapel doorway for a slash .......it just doesn't seem proper ?

Correct. Call me old fashioned but, although I've no time whatsoever for religion, I would never dream of sloping into a church or chapel doorway for a slash .......it just doesn't seem proper ?

Nothing wrong with p!shing in a church doorway.

Your average congregation demographic means the pews get a good soiling on Sundays anyhow.

Nothing wrong with p!shing in a church doorway.

Your average congregation demographic means the pews get a good soiling on Sundays anyhow.

:lol:

Dirty auld *******s

Archived