World War II Box sets

Larry

If it's factual stuff, hard to beat The World At War absoulutly superb all others take their lead from this

Cheers. Is that the one shown on Discovery Knowledge? Im sure ive seen a alot of them before if thats the one. Gets shown at 3am or something daft.

Could be it's been shown on a few channels recently the commentary is done by Lawrence Olivier (spelling eek) and was made in the early 70's i think if you google it there may be a web site for it

'In Colour' was a pretty powerful series too.

And is on offer at Sainsbury's at the moment.

The World at War series is fantastic and although now quite dated is probably still the best to buy.

And is on offer at Sainsbury's at the moment.

The World at War series is fantastic and although now quite dated is probably still the best to buy.

Just ordered it the now. Cheers:2thumbsup:

Radioactive Mince
Band of Brothers.

I have this box set. Although not an actual documentary, it is about as factually accurate as you can get.

It's truly magnificent. The documentary where they interview the real-life heroes of the story is incredibly moving.

Mince

Dean Winchester
I have this box set. Although not an actual documentary, it is about as factually accurate as you can get.

It's truly magnificent. The documentary where they interview the real-life heroes of the story is incredibly moving.

Mince

And the sequel, The Pacific, I am sure will be just as good.

I'd also go for Band of Brothers.

I've got 2 sets. 1 normal and I liked it so much I've got it on blue ray too!

Archived