Sectarian Breach of the Peace

duckandcover

Should he transfer his season ticket to a friend or relative, so that if he does get a banning order that his season ticket isnt cancelled?

?200 to ?300 fine at the most, would really have to admit to just breach though, for it to be the lower end of the scale and when he does go up to court the plod will make it seem 10 times worse than it actually was. If it turns out they won't accept just a breach admission then he has to play the daft wee first offender card and play the very very sorry card.

Nah more, due to the secterian bit.

Know people that have recieved ?250 first offence fines for minimal bop's @ Ibrox, or a person should I say.

Should he transfer his season ticket to a friend or relative, so that if he does get a banning order that his season ticket isnt cancelled?

Good point but I am pretty sure Hearts will already be aware of his impending trial and possible banning order and have his ticket marked for binning, since the clubs and the police share that information.

I'm sure Hearts banned a guy not so long ago who was NOT given a court banning order but who had commited a similar offence at Parkhead (aimed at John Hartson if I recall correctly)

Nah more, due to the secterian bit.

Know people that have recieved ?250 first offence fines for minimal bop's @ Ibrox, or a person should I say.

The court needs to take account of his "means" before imposing a fine. So if he's earning minimum wage or in that ball park he's not likely to get a fine so high as to impact seriously on his other finances. Unlikely to be in the ?750 ball park even for the sectarian bit if you ask me. Certainly no chance of going to jail. I'll go for ?500 if he gets done for the sectarian bit plus a 2 year banning order. The banning order is an absolute stick on if he gets done for the sectarian bit IMO. ?250 for a straight breach with no sectarian bit and no banning order.

There should be a poll for this.:th_o:

AlphonseCapone

Duck and Cover, I may be mistaken but I thought I remembered you saying in a thread not long after that game that you had been threw out at it?

Duck and Cover, I may be mistaken but I thought I remembered you saying in a thread not long after that game that you had been threw out at it?

wooooooooooooo controversial and damning piece of information sir !!!:hat2:

The daft bit here is that there simply must be mates that you were at the game with? Why can't they be a friend and be your witness.

For the record, what were you actually singing? No chance of getting CCTV footage?

The daft bit here is that there simply must be mates that you were at the game with? Why can't they be a friend and be your witness.

For the record, what were you actually singing? No chance of getting CCTV footage?

I think it's safe to say that the OP was shouting what he is accused of shouting.

At the same time, we have all been silly laddies at times (I am assuming that the OP is under 25) and we have gotten carried away at the football.

It seems somewhat unfair, given the behaviour of the weedgie hoards, that this lad should get any more than a smack on the wrists.

I seriously do hope that other members of JKB who like a party song or two are paying close attention to this as the OP may well have stuffed up his whole life for the sake of taunting a few braindeads at Parkhead.

Honestly, it wasn't me it was a mate! I was just looking for information to give him as the research he done didn't give any indication what the punishment would be if found Guilty. Think the jail bit was said to him in very worse case scenario. May I add he is adamant he did not shout what he was accused of and now has a concrete witness. Still the odds don't look promising.

He says him and a Celtic fan were having a bit of banter with him waving a union jack and shouting and bawling at the Celtic individual who gave as good as he got. But he is adamant nothing sectarian was said.

If he is found guilty, even of breach of the peace, there is every chance he will lose his job.

He actually works in Aberdeen so travelling back and forth is a nightmare. It all depends on the view his employers take.

Honestly, it wasn't me it was a mate! I was just looking for information to give him as the research he done didn't give any indication what the punishment would be if found Guilty. Think the jail bit was said to him in very worse case scenario. May I add he is adamant he did not shout what he was accused of and now has a concrete witness. Still the odds don't look promising.

It will make not a jot of difference. I've stood in the very same court (as a witness) and watched police officers blatantly lie to secure a Sectarian BOTP conviction. The best thing your mate can do is change his plea to guilty and hope he gets a lesser fine. The sad truth is there is next to no chance of him getting off with it.

Generic Username

Confusing that his lawyer didn't get him to plead guilty to a lesser charge such as a bog standard breach of the peace and get him on a section 76 so that his fine wouldn't be as severe.

Won't be shocked to see an example being made of your "mate" and him getting a heavy fine and a long banning order.

a good lawyer will rip plod to shreds

good luck to your mate

Your right!

A good lawyer will have them in knots.

You really need to get witness' to back him up.

It will make not a jot of difference. I've stood in the very same court (as a witness) and watched police officers blatantly lie to secure a Sectarian BOTP conviction. The best thing your mate can do is change his plea to guilty and hope he gets a lesser fine. The sad truth is there is next to no chance of him getting off with it.

What did the person get when he got charged with it mate?

What did the person get when he got charged with it mate?

If i remember right it was about a ?400 fine. No banning order. Although he did get a letter from Hearts saying he was 'no longer welcome' but heard no more about it and as far as i know it has never been an issue.

This would have been 2005 and i'm guessing the penalty will be a bit more severe now. Especially in terms of a banning order.

How is it that you were a witness in the case but got to hear the police officers evidence ?

Optimus Prime

And the moral of the story is:

Don't sing sectarian songs at football matches.

Here ended the lesson.

Optimus

And the moral of the story is:

Don't sing sectarian songs at football matches.

Here ended the lesson.

Optimus

Correct!!!!!

Or wave UNion Jacks at Celtic Park while shouting at the celtic fans

Christ- I'd convict on that basis alone

it wont do your friend any good I realise that, but its better not to follow Hearts to away games against the old firm,you are on a hiding to nothing every time.

I hate to admit it but Strasthclyde Police have an agenda that hasnt changed and wont.

Or wave UNion Jacks at Celtic Park while shouting at the celtic fans

Christ- I'd convict on that basis alone

I dont want to turn this into a flag debate or discuss things that have been done to death already, but your right. Taking the Union Flag to Parkhead and waving it in the direction of Celtic fans, no matter what your rights are to do such a thing, is asking for trouble, asking to be marked out for special attention and asking to be lifted if your also mouthing off in the direction of Celtic fans, whether the mouthing was sectarian or not. Sad but thats the truth and lets be honest, we'd be looking for any Celtic fan who did the same at Tynecastle to be lifted as well.

taking a U-F to sellik park seems like a worse idea today than it did before this thread started... if that's at all possible.

there's some things ya do, and some things ya do not.

His lawyer should be asking just how it is 4 different police officers all heard the same thing when the area is policed by stewards not police and never 4 police all together at the same time -- you can never get 4 police for anything these days and (sorry for police reading this but I wouldn't trust them an inch in todays society) they will be colluding on their stories -- they back each other up as few of them are willing to rock the boat and tell the truth.

I don't envy police their job at times but if a few more told the truth it might help matters.

A very similar incident happened in the Hearts Hibs game in Feb 2008. The guy got a ?400 fine and a banning order. It was reported, including naming the individual, in the Evening News.

:qqb017::qqb017:

A very similar incident happened in the Hearts Hibs game in Feb 2008. The guy got a ?400 fine and a banning order. It was reported, including naming the individual, in the Evening News.

If it was the same bloke I'm thinking off i'm sure he also "left" his job at a financial company due to it.

His lawyer should be asking just how it is 4 different police officers all heard the same thing when the area is policed by stewards not police and never 4 police all together at the same time -- you can never get 4 police for anything these days and (sorry for police reading this but I wouldn't trust them an inch in todays society) they will be colluding on their stories -- they back each other up as few of them are willing to rock the boat and tell the truth.

I don't envy police their job at times but if a few more told the truth it might help matters.

Yeah right....too much Life On Mars mate......commit perjury, attempt to pervert, lose your job, pension, house, maybe marriage and possibly go to jail all for a crappy sectarian BOP. I don't think so chief and don't know one single cop that would. So of us do believe in the 'The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth' no matter WHAT you think. The moral of the story is behave yourself and you won't end up in court.

Yeah right....too much Life On Mars mate......commit perjury, attempt to pervert, lose your job, pension, house, maybe marriage and possibly go to jail all for a crappy sectarian BOP. I don't think so chief and don't know one single cop that would. So of us do believe in the 'The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth' no matter WHAT you think. The moral of the story is behave yourself and you won't end up in court.

True, I'm pretty sure he must huv been warned a couple o times, but through in the weege I'd not be so sure.

Get Donald Findlay to defend him, I wonder what School the Police Officers went to?:10900:

just reading this thread for the first time now, that's hilarious!

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to the man in question at the weekend and he was found Guilty. He is a genuinely sound bloke and I think the judge recognised this and he got a ?400 fine with no banning order. The fact that Glasgow Sheriff Court was so busy and it was a small court room meant there was no mention of it in the media so he has been quite a lucky lad although having a Sectarian conviction on his record could be a stumbling block in the future.

PresidentRomanov
Spoke to the man in question at the weekend and he was found Guilty. He is a genuinely sound bloke and I think the judge recognised this and he got a ?400 fine with no banning order. The fact that Glasgow Sheriff Court was so busy and it was a small court room meant there was no mention of it in the media so he has been quite a lucky lad although having a Sectarian conviction on his record could be a stumbling block in the future.

I'm sure he'll appreciate you reminding the world on the internet, that he got away with it not becoming public knowledge :2thumbsup:

Sorry can't agree -- they collude and 'lie' on a regular basis -- just check out how many miscarriages of justice there are -- for you to suggest they are all whiter than white is ridiculous.

Personal experience when 2 got together and tried to persuade the judge of some facts -- was only because the defence was able to provide 6 witneses who stated none of their claims had happened that justice prevailed -- indeed the sheriff in the court asked why it had been brought forward as a case as he was concerned about the waste of time -- they had to abandon it half way through after 3 witnesses all told the same story with another 3 to come -- the reason it went forward was because of incompetant police officers who abuse their position and power -- never trust one of them 100% as they back themselves before justice.

I'm sure he'll appreciate you reminding the world on the internet, that he got away with it not becoming public knowledge :2thumbsup:

Yeah didn't think of that! Pretty sure he is in the clear now though.

Yeah didn't think of that! Pretty sure he is in the clear now though.

If in the clear you mean, found guilty, a criminal record, a banning order and 400 quid worse off then yeah he is in the clear.

If in the clear you mean, found guilty, a criminal record, a banning order and 400 quid worse off then yeah he is in the clear.

He never got a banning order, I meant in the clear with it not being mentioned in the paper.

Archived