Christophe Berra - An apology

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

A few months back, I suggested I wanted the big fella dropped.

Well I've had some time to reflect, and I want to retract my statement. I wanted big Zal to replace Berra alongside Tall.

I was wrong, I am big enough to admit that.

Still think he's not captain material yet, and has a touch of an african elephant, however he gives his all for the cause and tries his nuts off, and has been our best defender of late (not hard that granted).

In an ideal world, I'd still have him as my second CH, behind someone of great experience and quality, however want the big man to know that I am sorry for suggesting this.

Cheers

Andy.

P.S Can you crock big Zal in training and start dropping hints about Frail giving big Gowzer a start.

chester copperpot

Well I've had some time to reflect, and I want to retract my statement. I wanted big Zal to replace Berra alongside Tall.

Still think he's not captain material yet, and has a touch of an african elephant, however he gives his all for the cause and tries his nuts off, and has been our best defender of late (not hard that granted).

In an ideal world, I'd still have him as my second CH, behind someone of great experience and quality, however want the big man to know that I am sorry for suggesting this.

Cheers

Andy.

P.S Can you crock big Zal in training and start dropping hints about Frail giving big Gowzer a start.

Oops didn't realise I'd posted this in the shed.

Sorry, can we move this please.

chester copperpot
TERRACE!

Oops, its been a while mate, still finding my bearings on the new site.

Apologies. Couple that with the fact I'm a bit retarded and we're there.

eddie fenwick
Oops, its been a while mate, still finding my bearings on the new site.

Apologies. Couple that with the fact I'm a bit retarded and we're there.

a big bit at that;)

scottish_chicP
Does anyone rate Kancheskis at RB?

I'd have him over Robbie If Im honest.

I would have me over Robbie at the moment :dribble: lol but hey lets not start that debate again eh!!

meridian jambo

Still think Berra needs somebody experienced beside him and would still give him a "wee rest" until his perfect partner was found. To be honest I quite liked Kancheskis and would give him a run at centre (or at very least get him back in the first team squad). I too rated Zaliukus over Berra, but glad his nightmare run has seen him out the team.

chester copperpot
...er...me too.....

I dont know why he doesnt get a sniff if Im honest.

Also heard he's getting shipped back this month.

Surely there's more in front of him to be shipped back?

Miller Jambo 60
I would have me over Robbie at the moment :dribble: lol but hey lets not start that debate again eh!!

Im better than Robbie hard As nails in the tackle and im 47 makes you think

portobellojambo1

Cheers

Andy.

I was reading that post and got to the words "Zaliukas to replace Berra", then stopped reading. Who posted that, assume it was one of those people who pop in here but watch football games elsewhere.

I wouldn't let Zaliukas back in the country, never mind back in the Hearts team.

I dont know why he doesnt get a sniff if Im honest.

Also heard he's getting shipped back this month.

Surely there's more in front of him to be shipped back?

He's only played a couple of times and always looked ok/good IMO

Strange, you have to wonder.

scottish_chicP
Im better than Robbie hard As nails in the tackle and im 47 makes you think

Well I am 22 but a girl who only doesn't actually play any football...

chester copperpot
I was reading that post and got to the words "Zaliukas to replace Berra", then stopped reading. Who posted that, assume it was one of those people who pop in here but watch football games elsewhere.

I wouldn't let Zaliukas back in the country, never mind back in the Hearts team.

Hence why there was apologies tonight.

From me.

portobellojambo1
Hence why there was apologies tonight.

From me.

Sorry andy, I misread your original post, now I am away back to delete my response, if I have time.

EDIT - if I have time. ADD - Bollox, nope you only get 10 minutes to do it

for me Kanchelski played ok at right back, wonderfull at CB, and good a LB.

my defence would be Neilson-Tall-Karapidis-Kanchelskis

chester copperpot
Sorry andy, I misread your original post, now I am away back to delete my response, if I have time.

EDIT - if I have time. ADD - Bollox, nope you only get 10 minutes to do it

No worries my frail old friend.

The thread title may have given it away though;)

Miller Jambo 60

Cheers

Andy.

Andy you devil slagging our captain shame he cant get the finger out MY OPINION:)

chester copperpot
Andy you devil slagging our captain shame he cant get the finger out MY OPINION:)

Im hoping this thread will redeem itself, because I'm assured by a guy at work that Christophe is on KB.

Im hoping this thread will redeem itself, because I'm assured by a guy at work that Christophe is on KB.

Fair do's Andy. I criticised you at the time for that thread, it takes a big fella to hold his hands up in public.

chester copperpot
Fair do's Andy. I criticised you at the time for that thread, it takes a big fella to hold his hands up in public.

Hey mate thanks, I remember the thread. I sent a pm to apologise to Siegementality as I'd had a bit of a barney with him, however he knows we're cool.

With regards Christophe, he's the best option that we have at the minute, so i want him and Tall ASAP.

Well seen as Tall looks like he's no playing for us again, I would like big Gowzer of the u-19's given a shout.

Just IMO though.

I'd drop Berra AND Zal.

I'd put out a back 4 of Karipidis, Tall, Jose, Wallace.

Why not?

We tried those 2 together at one stage last season....it was an absolute nightmare 0-4 loss at home to Dundee Utd if memory serves........ Jose cannot play centre half in the SPL because he one of the worst header's of a football I've ever clapped eyes on.

Berra's a very decent young centre half and has all the latent qualities required to play at a higher level......with regards the captaincy we've asked too much of him too young...and I doubt its helping his individual performances.

portobellojambo1

Wonder if he has voted for Zaliukas in any of the M.O.T.M. threads this season.

Kanchelskis has played very well everytime I have seen him. A couple of times at Centre Half and once each at Right and Left Back. Seems solid everytime he plays and was very confident at Parkhead when we tucked them away last season. It's crazy to think he would be shipped back before Zaliukas!

Kanchelskis has played very well everytime I have seen him. A couple of times at Centre Half and once each at Right and Left Back. Seems solid everytime he plays and was very confident at Parkhead when we tucked them away last season. It's crazy to think he would be shipped back before Zaliukas!

I have to agree, the man is more of a captain than Berra is. He knows when to give away a free kick aswell.

If i remember rightly he's also made a few great tackles. Much more refind than Zal....

We tried those 2 together at one stage last season....it was an absolute nightmare 0-4 loss at home to Dundee Utd if memory serves........ Jose cannot play centre half in the SPL because he one of the worst header's of a football I've ever clapped eyes on.

Alrighty then

Karipidis Tall Eggy Wallace

Cheers

Andy.

You werent wholly wrong about Berra though. he hasnt improved in the last 3 months, if anything he's worse. (Although I do accept that we dont have much alternative right now at the club) Ideally we'd have two better than he is at centre half. Tall and a really good un would fix us there IMO.

You were right about Zal however. Been found out big time when the going got tough.

If we weren't to sing any players this transfer window then Kancelskis should be right back. Actually he needs to be rgiht back.

But my preferred move would be to have:

New right back

Ibrahim Tall

Russel Anderson

Jose Goncalves

With Christophe Berra and Ryan Mcgowan as back-up.

I like Zal he's just gone off the boil....all u punters were slating Tall a few months ago nows he's the bees knees :(

for me Kanchelski played ok at right back, wonderfull at CB, and good a LB.

my defence would be Neilson-Tall-Karapidis-Kanchelskis

Karapidis is bowf...not dominant enough for Scottish football ...poor buy :(

my defence would still be Tall Zal Berra and Goncalves (although i'd have Kanchelskis in anywhere along the back 4 if pushed :)

Berra is having a hard time of it lately. His form has been poor and our ever changing defence won't help him one bit. I think a bit of stability in the selection of the defence and the 'keeper will help Berra greatly.

Never a captain though.

I'd drop Berra AND Zal.

I'd put out a back 4 of Karipidis, Tall, Jose, Wallace.

Why not?

Karapidis is slow and cannae tackle, Jose cannae heid the ba', Wallace is a first div player and Tall is on his way ...so we're gonnae ship even more goasl with that defence (even if Tall stayed) :mad:

I must know sod all about football as I still can't see these howlers that Berra seems to make every week.

I see a young lad trying his heart out in a difficult situation.

I must know sod all about football as I still can't see these howlers that Berra seems to make every week.

I see a young lad trying his heart out in a difficult situation.

He was at fault for the last goal we conceded.

It was our 0-1 home defeat to Aberdeen. Both couldn't heid the ball that night.

I'd have: Kancelskis New Singing Berra Goncalves

If I have to pick an existing player I'd go with McGowan. Tall's away and our season's ****ed anyway and I'm still not too sure about Karipidis defensively at centre half, I'd have him as a back up. Get the future in now. Zaliukas has great potential but both him and Berra have let their personal feelings get in the way of what was once a very promising centre half partnership.

I'm also not a huge fan of Banks as a keeper and may even rate Basso higher but Banks is vital in that he is currently the only defensive player who's willing to shout and organise.

It was our 0-1 home defeat to Aberdeen. Both couldn't heid the ball that night.

I'd have: Kancelskis New Singing Berra Goncalves

If I have to pick an existing player I'd go with McGowan. Tall's away and our season's ****ed anyway and I'm still not too sure about Karipidis defensively at centre half, I'd have him as a back up. Get the future in now. Zaliukas has great potential but both him and Berra have let their personal feelings get in the way of what was once a very promising centre half partnership.

I'm also not a huge fan of Banks as a keeper and may even rate Basso higher but Banks is vital in that he is currently the only defensive player who's willing to shout and organise.

I would think that you`d be in a minority with that statement, both Kurskis & Basso are anything but capable of being classed as Hearts goalkeepers.

Exactly, it is not something often done here tbh, well said Andy mate.

IMO, Berra is the only defender out of our back four I would actively keep. I would give Goncalves a go under a new manager and coaching setup, he DID look a player when he first signed. Zaliukas and Neilson can get on the same plane, and Tall will go in the summer.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The People's Chimp

I do feel that Uncle Wattie the walking dead will be trying to take a pop. Hopefully after we ram it up them in a week or two....

edit - wtf? how did this jump to the berra thread?

Archived