'UP', and other Disney PIXAR films

Buffalo Bill

Took my daughter to see 'UP' at the cinema yesterday. Has anyone else seen it yet?

I have to say, I thought it was superb, and even brought a tear to my old glass eye.

She also loves The Incredible, Nemo, and Ratatouille etc.

...and of course, the best Disney PIXAR film of all: Cars.

Anyone else seen 'UP', or is a fan of these films. I don't know if it's cool to like these movies but I do know this: I love my little girl.

disneys-up.jpg

Seen Up with my 2 a few weeks ago. Loved it.

The feeling of liberated excitment I got when the old boy basically gave the two fingered salute to the idea of going away to the old folks home was superb.

My other favourites have been Nemo & going back a bit, Lion King.

Kids love them. You love them.

Everybodys 'appy!

Say What Again

I'm a big fan of all the Pixar films - even though I don't have any kids! Haven't seen 'Up' yet, but I will.

Monsters Inc deserves a mention on this thread along side the others already quoted.

If I had to pick a favourite, I'd go for Ratatouille .

I P Knightley

I don't know if it's cool to like these movies but I do know this: I love my little girl.

That you, Doug? ;)

I'm a big, big fan of them all!! Shrek, Cars, Shark Tale, Madagascar, Toy Story, the whole lot. Some are better than others and I suspect that they're not all by Pixar but I like nothing better than a CGI movie!

I've not seen UP yet. My middle son went off to a six-year-old's birthday party at the cinema to watch it in 3D. I was jealous as hell as he toddled off with 15 other kids to watch it. He didn't have the decency to turn around and say that he was too frightened to go in without me... I guess I'll have to make another excuse.

It's cool to love your kids!

Nemo makes me cry, every time, I can't help it, I cry like a girl.

Toy Story I and II are probably my favourites but they are all five star movies.

Even the shorts are genius, just utter brilliance.

It's cool to love your kids!

Nemo makes me cry, every time, I can't help it, I cry like a girl.

Toy Story I and II are probably my favourites but they are all five star movies.

Even the shorts are genius, just utter brilliance.

Remember the one with the snowman in the snow dome? I think it was that anyway.

Brill.

I P Knightley
Remember the one with the snowman in the snow dome? I think it was that anyway.

Brill.

It's called Knick Knack. If folk haven't seen it, I'm sure it's on YouTube. If not, it can be downloaded from iTunes. I have it on my iPod.

It's amazing just how many tools a snowman in a snow dome can lay his hands upon!!

Long ago, but not so very long ago

The world was different, oh yes it was

You settled down and you built a town and made it live

And you watched it grow

It was your town

Time goes by, time brings changes, you change, too

Nothing comes that you can't handle, so on you go

Never see it coming, the world caves in on you

On your town

Nothing you can do.

Main street isn't main street anymore

No one seems to need us like they did before

It's hard to find a reason left to stay

But it's our town

Love it anyway

Come what may, it's our town

164511270_05bbab0057.jpg

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I saw Up with my bird and my 7-year-old wee brother a few weeks back, and I'd have to say it's one of the best films I've ever seen, I absolutely loved it!

The bits where the wee boy Russell talks about his dad are heartbreaking.

I have got to say i love the animated movies, They are good and fun to go see. Loving the 3D movies as well. Was diapointed about toy story 3d as i thought it was a new one and not the original.

Still love the classic's like Pinocchio & Dumbo. These are proper cartoon movies.

Andy, Have you been here with your daughter, sometimes you can get some good films on, I think it's every fortnight at weekends, ?2 tickets for adults and child, I've taken Nicole quite a few times.

http://www.filmhousecinema.com/seasons/weans-world/

Yes Linda, it's great. there were showing Finding Nemo there afew months back. I didn't tell her where we were going and you should have seen her face when it came on.

I can't wait to do all the Christmas stuff with her.

I don't know whether it's a result of getting older, or having kids or watching these films but I will say this:

How good looking is Mrs Incredible?

Elastigirl_full_length.jpg

I love Pixar films, but have never seen Cars or Ratatouille. Im assuming from this thread I should be looking to change that?

Yes Linda, it's great. there were showing Finding Nemo there afew months back. I didn't tell her where we were going and you should have seen her face when it came on.

I can't wait to do all the Christmas stuff with her.

Brilliant, glad she enjoyed it, I took Nicole when they were showing a few weeks of Winnie the Pooh stuff when she was little and she loved it.

You just have to check now and again to see what they're showing. I heard as well that the Odeon shows stuff on Saturday mornings for kids

Took my daughter to see 'UP' at the cinema yesterday. Has anyone else seen it yet?

I have to say, I thought it was superb, and even brought a tear to my old glass eye.

Anyone else seen 'UP', or is a fan of these films. I don't know if it's cool to like these movies but I do know this: I love my little girl.

disneys-up.jpg

Love them all mate, having twin 4 year olds sure helps me enjoy them,:10900: Looking forward to some new one coming out, what is it called , "Planet 51" ? Also sorry that we missed Toy Story 2 3D a month or so back but I believe its coming back again so that will be a must see (for me at least)

Went to see Incredible Mr Fox on Sat with them, cant say we will be getting that on DVD

Love them all mate, having twin 4 year olds sure helps me enjoy them,:10900: Looking forward to some new one coming out, what is it called , "Planet 51" ? Also sorry that we missed Toy Story 2 3D a month or so back but I believe its coming back again so that will be a must see (for me at least)

Went to see Incredible Mr Fox on Sat with them, cant say we will be getting that on DVD

Incredible Mr Fox? Is that different from Fantastic Mr Fox?

Incredible Mr Fox? Is that different from Fantastic Mr Fox?

Of course its different, its a different name isn't it Although I think you are getting that mixed up with the other movie about the family of super heros called The Fantastics

:10900:

Of course its different, its a different name isn't it Although I think you are getting that mixed up with the other movie about the family of super heros called The Fantastics

Haha, oh yeah my mistake! :2thumbsup:

I love them all I have to say and I am not ashamed to say it !

I have Cars and Finding Nemo on my iPod Touch, love it.

Was watching Ratatouille and Wall:E at the weekend.

Went to see Toy Story 3D and Up in 3D also at the pics.

The Mighty Thor

Monster's Inc is a very good film.

I've not been to see Up yet but i think i'll take the wee man this weekend after our early kick-off.

Monster's Inc is a very good film.

I've not been to see Up yet but i think i'll take the wee man this weekend after our early kick-off.

Bring a packet of tissues with you, or pretend that you have something in your eye.

...but enough about the football.

i had to stifle a fair few tears at the beginning of UP, the mrs wasn't affected at all. cold hearted cow. brilliant movie.

Everybody loves Baz

Our sky planner is full of all these films recorded off Disney Cinema, Ratatouille is my favourite :2thumbsup:

Our sky planner is full of all these films recorded off Disney Cinema, Ratatouille is my favourite :2thumbsup:

Our sky planner is the same, but with High School Musical and Hannah Montana, still Hannah Montana can be quite funny at times, even John chuckles at some of their one liners:smiley2:

I love taking my kids to see these films and would also like to big up, erm, 'Up'. The sheer scale of the work that they put into them is staggering. Plus the scripts are always smart and there's always one or two adult jokes to snigger at. My two faves of the last year or so were 'Horton Hears A Who' and 'Madagascar 2'. Loved 'em both. I'm 40 years old.

In fact the only film of this genre that I've actually disliked was 'Wall-E'. It was incredibly boring and the kids weren't that fussed by it either. Next, either 'A Christmas Carol' or 'Planet 51'. As long as there's fudge in the pick n' mix I'm happy to see either.

I love taking my kids to see these films and would also like to big up, erm, 'Up'. The sheer scale of the work that they put into them is staggering. Plus the scripts are always smart and there's always one or two adult jokes to snigger at. My two faves of the last year or so were 'Horton Hears A Who' and 'Madagascar 2'. Loved 'em both. I'm 40 years old.

In fact the only film of this genre that I've actually disliked was 'Wall-E'. It was incredibly boring and the kids weren't that fussed by it either. Next, either 'A Christmas Carol' or 'Planet 51'. As long as there's fudge in the pick n' mix I'm happy to see either.

If you like fudge, forget the cinema and get yourself up to House of Bruar on the A9.

Kids films shouldn't make adults cry...wasn't expecting 'Up' to be half as sad as it was. It's very good though. :smiley2:

I like Pixar well enough but I'm really a classic Disney sort of person. Can't beat a bit of Dumbo, Lady & the Tramp, The Little Mermaid or Aladdin.

If you like fudge, forget the cinema and get yourself up to House of Bruar on the A9.

Probably not a good idea, I'd gorge myself sick!

Say What Again
Kids films shouldn't make adults cry...wasn't expecting 'Up' to be half as sad as it was. It's very good though. :smiley2:

I like Pixar well enough but I'm really a classic Disney sort of person. Can't beat a bit of Dumbo, Lady & the Tramp, The Little Mermaid or Aladdin.

I remember crying my eyes out at the Fox and the Hound as a nipper :57:

I P Knightley

The only one that I found really disappointing was the Bee Movie from a couple of years ago. It just wasn't engaging.

Hadn't realised that UP was a weepy. my 5-year-old must be a right heartless little wotsit. He just said it was "fun". Now you've told me that it's a weepy, I might reconsider plans to see it with my eldest.

The only one that I found really disappointing was the Bee Movie from a couple of years ago. It just wasn't engaging.

Hadn't realised that UP was a weepy. my 5-year-old must be a right heartless little wotsit. He just said it was "fun". Now you've told me that it's a weepy, I might reconsider plans to see it with my eldest.

It's not intended to be a weepy and the sad bits are definitely the sort of thing which might scoot harmlessly over the head of a kid but there are a couple of real heart-tuggy moments in it. Generally it's quite funny though.

As a regular cinema goer, and a cineworld pass holder, i think it's an absolute joke the amount of 'cartoons' that have been showing at the pictures this past month or so.

Bah.

Our 5 year old didnt even notice it was a weepy though myself and the missus were both in floods. Some very grown up themes like bereavement, infertility, loneliness and the disappointment of shattered dreams. But I guess if you're 5, its just about a house, balloons, talking dogs and a funny looking bird.

I guess the old thing about it operating on different levels is very true.

UP was great but didnt use the 3-D enough in my view.

GC

I remember crying my eyes out at the Fox and the Hound as a nipper :57:

Would they not serve you ?

I'll get my coat..?:peepwall:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Long ago, but not so very long ago

The world was different, oh yes it was

You settled down and you built a town and made it live

And you watched it grow

It was your town

Time goes by, time brings changes, you change, too

Nothing comes that you can't handle, so on you go

Never see it coming, the world caves in on you

On your town

Nothing you can do.

Main street isn't main street anymore

No one seems to need us like they did before

It's hard to find a reason left to stay

But it's our town

Love it anyway

Come what may, it's our town

164511270_05bbab0057.jpg

When the offspring are up and running, you and me mate are headng "back" over and doing the Route 66, none of this Thelma and Louise **** but proper touring.

Kechow

When the offspring are up and running, you and me mate are headng "back" over and doing the Route 66, none of this Thelma and Louise **** but proper touring.

Kechow

Tremendous form, Old Boy. Loving this plan.

Might need to include a detour up to Canyonlands, Ut.

canyonlands_national_park.place.gif

....and a quick scoot round to Bryce

bryce-canyon2.jpg

I've always thought that Wall-E was one of the best they've done. Could perfectly understand that kids might not like it as much though, as it's not exactly action-packed!

disneys-up.jpg

You're a man after my own heart Bill!!

Yep - I loved "Up" as well, and cartoon or not, I defy any one not to feel a twinge of sadness during the "growing old" montage at the start...

maroonlegions

Seen UP with my wee girl and she loved it, thought it was very good, my wee man cannot wait to see this one and he is not alone.

planet51-poster.jpg

Archived