PAYING FOR MEALS USING A COUPON

Regal Kingston

Regal Kingston

A mate of mine (not me by the way) took his girlfriend of a few weeks out for a meal last night and paid for the meal with a 2-4-1 coupon.

I think this is the height of thriftyness and believe that no woman would be impressed by the sight of their date settling the bill with a coupon. If I was a bird my knickers would be staying firmly up.

What is everybodies thoughts on this? I've been going out with my girlfriend for a couple of years and I still wouldn't pay with a coupon as I feel it cheapens the occasion and saying "Ye dain the deal" halfway through a romantic meal would ruin the ambience.

Maybe if you're married its ok?

What would the Kickback females think if they went on a date and he paid with a coupon?

Good on him

Credit crunch munch sounds good to me

Yup, I hope the guy still made her pay for half of it!

I'm not a kickback female but i think halfers is the way to go now a days. You wimmin want equality? Well pay your way :)

What age is your mate?

He can use half the money he saved on the dinner to get her drunk so he is still in whith a chance off geting his jam roll!!!! (think outside the box)

Also may add if the guy is paying for this dinner then it is up to him in which way he pays for it!!

Miller Jambo 60
He can use half the money he saved on the dinner to get her drunk so he is still in whith a chance off geting his jam roll!!!! (think outside the box)

Also may add if the guy is paying for this dinner then it is up to him in which way he pays for it!!

If this is their 1st date jam roll should not come in to it.

Anyway tight sod.

Doug.

blondejamtart

Personally speaking, as a woman, I would have no problem whatsoever with that scenario - in fact, I'd probably think "good on him"! Most of us are counting the pennies these days - so what's the harm in it?

Maybe if you're talking about the kind of woman who's more interested in the size of a man's wallet though...;)

If this is their 1st date jam roll should not come in to it.

Doug, I never had you pegged as the Nation's moral compass.

Fair play to you squire.

Personally speaking, as a woman, I would have no problem whatsoever with that scenario - in fact, I'd probably think "good on him"! Most of us are counting the pennies these days - so what's the harm in it?

Maybe if you're talking about the kind of woman who's more interested in the size of a man's wallet though...;)

There is a very obvious follow up question to that, but I am far too much of a gentleman to ask.

I think if someone was to say "I have a great deal for XYZ, do you fancy trying it out?" then using a voucher is perfectly acceptable....

As for going halfers..... I hate this, take it in turns or someone pays for the meal, the other buys the drinks for the night.

blondejamtart
There is a very obvious follow up question to that, but I am far too much of a gentleman to ask.

Awww, go on, go on...

Half of it? She should have settled the whole bill. He paid for his half with the coupon!

Regal Kingston
I'm not a kickback female but i think halfers is the way to go now a days. You wimmin want equality? Well pay your way :)

What age is your mate?

29 but acts about 13.

I agree with the equality factor too in this day and age but not if you are the one who offers. I think its better to skip dinner and get them steaming.

It makes more sense.

Miller Jambo 60
Awww, go on...it's only KB, we're very broad-minded in here! :10900:

About time you got back to the kitchen and stop teasing the blokes here.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Nonsense - it's always been coupon - my granny used to get all her coupons sorted out before going shopping.

As for paying for me the meal - we do it all the time over here, Ruby Tuesdays send us a 2 for 1 coupon every month virtually and as it's only 5 mins drive from the house, it's something easy to do when neither of us can't be arsed cooking.

Seems like money off coupons/vouchers are far more acceptable here than at home - we use them for haircuts, petrol, food all the time.

don't think i'd use a 2-4-1 offer on a first date, as i don't think it would give the right impression. good on your mate though, i wish i had his balls!

been with my fiance for 3 years though and we use a taste london card that gives us 50% off the food bill in heaps of restaurants. i've no shame in using it and it means we can eat out whenever we feel like it.

tight? no

sensible? yes

mulleted_jambo

Surely on a 1st few dates you could be a bit sly about it.

At the end of the meal go to the toilet and on your way back go up to the bar/cash desk and pay without her seeing if possibe. That way she won't see you using the voucher and will think your really generous paying for the whole meal.

And hopefully get up to yer nuts in her guts at the end of the night:smiley2:

Don't know if I would be overly impressed with it on a first date unless it was put across as 'I have a voucher for here, do you fancy trying it out'.

After that though I don't see any problem with it.

No point paying ?30 for a meal when you could get it for ?15. Plus the cheaper it is, the more you can afford to go out.

In saying that, I don't like guys paying for stuff for me that much anyway. Would always expect to pay half or take it in turns or whatever.

I'm taking my mates sister out tomorrow night - thats a great idea! :D

You obviously must be harder than your mate if you are doing that!!!!

That usually results in a swift kick to the baws!!!!

A mate of mine (not me by the way) took his girlfriend of a few weeks out for a meal last night and paid for the meal with a 2-4-1 coupon.

I think this is the height of thriftyness and believe that no woman would be impressed by the sight of their date settling the bill with a coupon. If I was a bird my knickers would be staying firmly up.

What is everybodies thoughts on this? I've been going out with my girlfriend for a couple of years and I still wouldn't pay with a coupon as I feel it cheapens the occasion and saying "Ye dain the deal" halfway through a romantic meal would ruin the ambience.

What would the Kickback females think if they went on a date and he paid with a coupon?

****my behaviour.

You obviously must be harder than your mate if you are doing that!!!!

That usually results in a swift kick to the baws!!!!

its no' him, it's his father that scares the sheet out of me - decorated soldier who once told me "go near her and i'll bury a hatchet in your head". I'm not convinced he was joking!!

But anyway, she's older than me so I'm in the clear!! ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Abso bloody lutely!!

They fought for a vote and equal rights, until it's their turn to buy a round or pay half the meal!! :th_o:

(I hope he waited til she went to the loo before paying for it) :D

Carl Weathers

Who gives away vouchers other than Pizza Hut or McDonald's anyway?

Obviously you wouldn't use a voucher on a 1st/2nd/3rd date but if it's your girlfriend/wife I don't see the problem. If they would be embarrassed by that, I think the relationship has problems ahead...

Do most ladies not love a bargain anyway?

The greatest meal I ever had in my life was at a sushi restaurant in Paris and the bill was paid for (by my hosts) with coupons they earned through work.

large_boat.gif

Sushi-boat.jpg

p_VillageSushiBoat4_ezg_1.jpg

Personally if I was to try a first date again I'd probably go for the offer to pay, no coupons, watch your Ps and Qs etc. but I'm well impressed that the OP's mate just decided that what you see is what you get.

Is it better to attempt to create some superhuman guy on the first date then have the girl find out that you're full of schecht later or just "be yourself" from the start?

If she loves you, she will!!!

Surely on a 1st few dates you could be a bit sly about it.

At the end of the meal go to the toilet and on your way back go up to the bar/cash desk and pay without her seeing if possibe. That way she won't see you using the voucher and will think your really generous paying for the whole meal.

And hopefully get up to yer nuts in her guts at the end of the night:smiley2:

Agree with everything you said except the last part.:stuart:

Who gives away vouchers other than Pizza Hut or McDonald's anyway?

Obviously you wouldn't use a voucher on a 1st/2nd/3rd date but if it's your girlfriend/wife I don't see the problem. If they would be embarrassed by that, I think the relationship has problems ahead...

Do most ladies not love a bargain anyway?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals

Some great vouchers on this site if you have access to a printer

Don't know if I would be overly impressed with it on a first date unless it was put across as 'I have a voucher for here, do you fancy trying it out'.

After that though I don't see any problem with it.

No point paying ?30 for a meal when you could get it for ?15. Plus the cheaper it is, the more you can afford to go out.

In saying that, I don't like guys paying for stuff for me that much anyway. Would always expect to pay half or take it in turns or whatever.

this pretty much sums it up for me meds

if its an occasion like a first date, anniversary or something, then it might be a bit tight, but other than that its perfectly acceptable.

i also like to go halves on things more than being paid for. that said i'm always skint at the mo, so if someone wants to pay, i'll not be stopping them lol

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Don't take girlies out for meals, get the girlies into the kitchen where they belong cooking the meals and doing the washing up.

Use the coupons on your mates where it will be appreciated.

No problem him paying with a coupon (not voucher!!!) at any time. Personally when taken out by a guy I expect him to pay. Different going out with the girls when we all chip in. He wants his jam roll as someone called it,he pays, end of story :-)

No problem him paying with a coupon (not voucher!!!) at any time. Personally when taken out by a guy I expect him to pay. Different going out with the girls when we all chip in. He wants his jam roll as someone called it,he pays, end of story :-)

so you're a prostitute?

Frankenstein Jambo.

Depends on how long they have been going out. Just dating then has to impress. Not dating the coupon away.

The Real Maroonblood

Is your mate a member of SAGA?

Being kickback's self proclaimed male chauvanist pig champion.

I would never go dutch with a lady/woman. I would always insist on paying.

Sorry girls just the way I was brought up.

John

John

:qqb018: And the way I was brought up too John. Are you my Dad :10900:

:qqb018: And the way I was brought up too John. Are you my Dad :10900:

At 46yrs old I just maybe :10900:

John

John

dont think a lot of girls would argue:10900:

So let's get this straight -- some of you are stupid enough to pay twice as much as you need to because of the impression it might make !!

So when you need the money for something you do need you'll find its gone - out of pride and image -- if any date is so shallow as to judge a person because of the use of vouchers then she or he is not worth dating in the first place.

So let's get this straight -- some of you are stupid enough to pay twice as much as you need to because of the impression it might make !!

So when you need the money for something you do need you'll find its gone - out of pride and image -- if any date is so shallow as to judge a person because of the use of vouchers then she or he is not worth dating in the first place.

Thats how I'm seeing it too.

Archived