Murray out in Paris

jambojackbilly

Colin Montgomery in the making :smiley2:

I'm not usually one for abusing other people and their posts and I won't this time either.

But if I did abuse other posters.. the one above would get some from me!

:qqb017::qqb017::qqb017::qqb017:

Don't think so. He was knackered and he's carrying a bit of an injury just now.

Played five matches in winning a tournament last week, played three sets last night and it didn't finish until about 2am. Then loses today to a guy just outside the top ten, it's not that bad. Didn't see anyone posting when he won last week.

A lot of the top players aren't bothered about this tournament, the tournament in London soon with the top eight in the world is the one they are focusing on.

Had the game on in the background, most frustrating part of AMs game is that tactically he tends to play few winners and wait for the opponents to make mistakes. Think he should have a bit more confidence in going for winners like he did when he first came on the scene.

So Colin Montgomerie, who has won over $26m in his career but no major is considered a looser ??

Good logic !!!:2thumbsup::hat2: Wish I had that sort of luck

Colin Montgomery in the making :smiley2:

If he'd won the tournament you'd have just pointed out that it was'nt a Slam and still called him "Colin Montgomerie in the making".

I P Knightley
Had the game on in the background, most frustrating part of AMs game is that tactically he tends to play few winners and wait for the opponents to make mistakes. Think he should have a bit more confidence in going for winners like he did when he first came on the scene.

So Colin Montgomerie, who has won over $26m in his career but no major is considered a looser ??

Good logic !!!:2thumbsup::hat2: Wish I had that sort of luck

So far, at the age of 22, Murray's won just shy of $10million. Add his endorsements and I would be more than happy with his level of incompetence.

As for his tennis. We can make excuses about the comeback from injury and the length of last night's match but I beg to differ.

Last night, he should have pumped Blake out in straight sets 4 & 3 or something. He is way more talented than Blake but his attitude was pretty poor (just like when JMDP took him to the cleaners at the US Open). His mooching around between points is starting to get to me. Yes, Blake played better than expected but so would anyone faced with a moping, slouched shoulder, disinterested looking guy across the net. In the second set, Murray was fooling around rubbing his groin which didn't actually appear to be hindering him - it looked like he was getting excuses lined up. Blake must have seen it and thought, "oi-oi, in with a shout".

All the shouting by JP McEnroe was accompanied by frenzied twitching, fiddling and general up-for-itness while Murray's shouting at himself is then followed by a very lethargic looking posture and demeanour.

If he'd pumped Blake oot, he'd have been in his kip a good hour earlier. If he'd gone into the Stepanek game with a decent attitute, he'd have won it 6-2 6-3 or similar.

Murray played some very, very fine shots against Blake but his attitude disappointed me.

I now work with a lass who's a tennis coach (Ukrainian/German qualified) (oh, and yes) who reckons the game is 80% in the mind and Murray's focus on strength and fitness could be an undoing. She said other stuff but from where I was standing I could kind of see into her blouse.

I now work with a lass who's a tennis coach (Ukrainian/German qualified) (oh, and yes) who reckons the game is 80% in the mind and Murray's focus on strength and fitness could be an undoing. She said other stuff but from where I was standing I could kind of see into her blouse.

I see where you are coming from.

Say What Again

Mate of mine had a fiver double: Murray to lose 2-1 (6/1) and Nadal to win 2-1 (7/2)

Nice wee ?157 return for 5 blabs.

Archived