I used to hate Sting but now don't because....

Sterling Archer

Johanes de Silentio

Want to know why the X-Factor is pish?

Because legends like Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Bob Marley, etc - all of whom clearly have 'the x-factor', (a now redundant phrase, thanks to the programme) would struggle to get past the early rounds, as the alleged 'experts' such as Cowell, Walsh, Minogue, Cole, etc, wouldn't have the nous to spot their talent.

That...is why the X-Factor...

is pish! :2thumbsup:

Little known fact (allegedly).....

Sting's first name is Ring

What he says is true though, x-spactor is a joke. There are little acts bred in this way that have any sort of staying power in the music industry. They rely on other people to tell them what to do, dress them, set things up for them, write the songs they sing. Watching the 'judges' slag each other's acts off is like pesh you'd see in american wrestling

Want to know why the X-Factor is pish?

Because legends like Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Bob Marley, etc - all of whom clearly have 'the x-factor', (a now redundant phrase, thanks to the programme) would struggle to get past the early rounds, as the alleged 'experts' such as Cowell, Walsh, Minogue, Cole, etc, wouldn't have the nous to spot their talent.

That...is why the X-Factor...

is pish! :2thumbsup:

No Now Uncle Albert, calm down you'll be upsetting Ken and Diedre. I think the panel would very much be positive about the above artists, though it might be difficult to get some of them on the show.

Johanes de Silentio
No Now Uncle Albert, calm down you'll be upsetting Ken and Diedre. I think the panel would very much be positive about the above artists, though it might be difficult to get some of them on the show.

You honestly think that Cowell or Walsh would let a young Plant or Jagger through?

No, they'd say that Jagger can't sing, (which is kind of true) and that Plant shouts all the time. (again, semi-true!)

They only want safe 'artists' that they can push around and pay a ****-poor royalty rate.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

You honestly think that Cowell or Walsh would let a young Plant or Jagger through?

No, they'd say that Jagger can't sing, (which is kind of true) and that Plant shouts all the time. (again, semi-true!)

They only want safe 'artists' that they can push around and pay a ****-poor royalty rate.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Don't feel cheated, it's entertaining. I think SC would be over the moon if Jagger or Plant came on, really.

Johanes de Silentio
Don't feel cheated, it's entertaining. I think SC would be over the moon if Jagger or Plant came on, really.

Gee, you really like this programme, huh?

I'll see your 'entertaining' and raise you my 'cringeworthy holiday camp pish' and agree to disagree, yeah? :2thumbsup:

Final word - it's not rock and roll, it's showbiz.

Gee, you really like this programme, huh?

I'll see your 'entertaining' and raise you my 'cringeworthy holiday camp pish' and agree to disagree, yeah? :2thumbsup:

Final word - it's not rock and roll, it's showbiz.

Yeah we can agree to disagree, not a prob, would be boring if we all agreed.

Yeah I really like it, I think its great that people get such opportunities and some make something out of it.

But one thing, really like your name Mr Tatlock:10900:

Johanes de Silentio
Yeah we can agree to disagree, not a prob, would be boring if we all agreed.

Yeah I really like it, I think its great that people get such opportunities and some make something out of it.

But one thing, really like your name Mr Tatlock:10900:

"During the war..." :2thumbsup:

Archived