Transport FARCE this morning

Drew Busby !

1 hr 15 minutes on the 19 bus ... got on at London Road 8:55AM - then total gridlock - and baled out in disgust at St. Andrew Square at 10:10AM. Powerwalked/jogged 3 miles across town to get to my 11AM meeting. Sitting here in a pile of sweat, going to look freeking great when I walk in there in 5 minutes red-faced and dripping.

WTF was going on in town the morning !

1 hr 15 minutes on the 19 bus ... got on at London Road 8:55AM - then total gridlock - and baled out in disgust at St. Andrew Square at 10:10AM. Powerwalked/jogged 3 miles across town to get to my 11AM meeting. Sitting here in a pile of sweat, going to look freeking great when I walk in there in 5 minutes red-faced and dripping.

Dunno, i got in work at quarter to ten. Should of been in for 9. Not good, but not my fault either! :43:

I had a very pleasurable drive along Great Western Road this morning to Dumbarton.

Just thought you might want to know.

My number 4 bus was a couple of minutes early meaning i couldn't have my sneaky pre-work B&H!!!

A Monday of all days!!!

Come on LRT, get a grip!!

Say What Again

You must have been shaking with rage!

Glad that 5 mins away from your meeting and 'red faced and dripping', you still took time to tell everyone in the shed.

Brave soldier.

I hope you took the bus driver, the head of the tram works and every other driver caught in the jam and took them to task otherwise you have absolutely no right to moan about it on here.

You must have been shaking with rage!

Glad that 5 mins away from your meeting and 'red faced and dripping', you still took time to tell everyone in the shed.

Brave soldier.

No need for the sarcasm mate, merely trying to find out what the hell was going on that could bring the town to an even bigger standstill than usual. Meeting over and I'm no more beetroot faced than usual now.

Building up that stupid ferris wheel and german Christmas market was the cause, Bah f'n Humbug

Also just heard that as well. Put me right in the mood for Xmas now...

Might have been smarter if they'd arranged it for a Sunday rather than a Monday but thats Embra for you.

Say What Again
No need for the sarcasm mate, merely trying to find out what the hell was going on that could bring the town to an even bigger standstill than usual. Meeting over and I'm no more beetroot faced than usual now.

Was posted in jest Drew.

Anyway, glad to hear you're OK and survived the ordeal.

:10900:

Was posted in jest Drew.

Anyway, glad to hear you're OK and survived the ordeal.

:10900:

No problem mate, I was just venting my frustrations. :2thumbsup: Its one of the down-sides of getting older ... wars may wage and populations may starve but what gets me REALLY REALLY angry is being stuck in an LRT bus going nowhere for 75 minutes. Sad !

Prince Buaben

I got on the X47 at 9:15 at the Bridges and got through St Andrews Sqaure at 9:45. Got to Granton at 10:10.

Was quite happily at my desk by quarter past 8 this morning! Serves the lot of you right for getting up so late :10900:

Was quite happily at my desk by quarter past 8 this morning! Serves the lot of you right for getting up so late :10900:

Aye likewise, got on a 44 at 7.17am in Musselburgh, off at York Place at my desk by 7.55. London Rd was a clear as a bell :2thumbsup: (for once)

It took me 15 mins to get in this morning as it does consistently every day because i cycle! hands were freezing though but rather that than stressed out..

If i get the bus the same journey has ranged from 20mins to 50mins, its a joke in Edinburgh.

Anyone see the model tram they have in the west end just parked outside the Rutland, you can go in and take a look what the trams will be like.. Wow, so fecking what!!!

why not have a helicopter or a section of a submarine to look round, who gives a flying **** about a tram???

Aye likewise, got on a 44 at 7.17am in Musselburgh, off at York Place at my desk by 7.55. London Rd was a clear as a bell :2thumbsup: (for once)

The irony is I did a couple of hours work yesterday, just so I could get the youngster into school for 9AM... and get me into work for 9:30.

So no-one here knows that I did the work yesterday but what they did see was me coming into work at 10:50 ... I have to laugh :stuart:

Carl Weathers

Approx' 10-15mins added to my bus journey each day into work. Sometimes more.

At night, I could drive there in 15mins...

Building up that stupid ferris wheel and german Christmas market was the cause, Bah f'n Humbug

I hope you've taken it up with the appropriate authorities otherwise don't come on here moaning about Winter Wonderland ;)

Get on a First bus and if you mention Kickback i'll let you on for nowt!!!

Get on my Lothian 44 and mention JKB and I'll pay you ?1.20 :10900:

Had a training course at cannonmills at half 9 this morning. Gave up on the 19 at 0910 and jamp in a taxi.

Halfan hour to go a ten minute walk ffs

I usually get the 37,47 or 19 in the morning and they were all late. Didnt even see the 19 at all today.

Like Deek says " It wouldnt have happend if the trams had been working"

southside1874

Transport farce this evening.

Got the 35 bus from Edinburgh Airport to Leith and the thing takes you everywhere before Leith. It was right outside the terminal as I got out and I jumped on it. Being a smoker I lit a fag first and had three drags before getting on the bus. Raging when I got off. About an hour and a half it took.

Rolled out of bed at 7am. Went upstairs to have some breakfast and a shower.

Was back downstairs with my cup of coffee by 7.45 ready to start work.

Got to love working from home!

Archived