Looks like i founf some people who didnt watch the Dispatches on Asians...

flogelisgod

Thats ok, I just wanted an excuse to continue with the therapist type signature endings to a post.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :2thumbsup:

P.S. did you enjoy the game and diggers? Mind you saying you had flu on jkb, did you make it to the game??

Game was fine. I really like the Wheatfield: it's usually been my favoured place to watch games from in the past, and was happy to be back there yesterday. I couldn't stay in the Diggers long largely because I was feeling weaker and weaker though: something which accelerated on my long journey back, and means I've spent the last 24 hours bed-ridden and feeling like I'm dying.

It's probably swine flu: whatever it is, it's way worse than what I had a month ago for a few days. :43:

Game was fine. I really like the Wheatfield: it's usually been my favoured place to watch games from in the past, and was happy to be back there yesterday. I couldn't stay in the Diggers long largely because I was feeling weaker and weaker though: something which accelerated on my long journey back, and means I've spent the last 24 hours bed-ridden and feeling like I'm dying.

It's probably swine flu: whatever it is, it's way worse than what I had a month ago for a few days. :43:

Mild cold. :th_o:

I took an Irish girl to a Hearts v Hibs game once. For the record she was from the South and a Protestant, but couldn't have given a rats about the troubles etc.

You don't realise how many people are screaming bigots until you go along with someone who is directly affected by the garbage being spouted.

She was very understanding but for me it was a cringe from start to finish and it was embarrassing to be associated with the people who were shouting some of the bile.

I had never really thought that Hearts fans had a problem until that day. Moronic behaviour in our support is much more prevalent than you'd sometimes imagine.

Good stuff, wheatfield is definitely best for the overall match day experience of a decent view and decent singing.

Sorry to hear about your chronic man-flu, the sniffles is a biatch! :stuart:

this_is_my_story
Good stuff, wheatfield is definitely best for the overall match day experience of a decent view and decent singing.

Fantastic view of the city skyline too, if the game's pish. Like it usually is.

Mild cold. :th_o:

I wish! These are the symptoms:

- Weakness throughout my body; no energy at all

- A dry cough which, when it starts up, just will not stop. Meaning I just cough and cough and cough. And anything sets it off: if I just sit upright, I start coughing. If I walk 50 yards, I start coughing.

- Body temperature which feels (I've not checked it with a thermometer though) generally too cold; but sometimes too hot with random sweating too.

- This one's the worst: huge problems with breathing. I'm asthmatic - and yesterday on my return home, I could barely walk, and kept having to stop to catch my breath. It's my asthma that's making it all so much worse IMO.

No sniffles though, and very little sneezing. Just weakness, constant coughing and poor breathing.

- A dry cough which, when it starts up, just will not stop. Meaning I just cough and cough and cough. And anything sets it off: if I just sit upright, I start coughing. If I walk 50 yards, I start coughing.

- Body temperature which feels (I've not checked it with a thermometer though) generally too cold; but sometimes too hot with random sweating too.

- This one's the worst: huge problems with breathing. I'm asthmatic - and yesterday on my return home, I could barely walk, and kept having to stop to catch my breath. It's my asthma that's making it all so much worse IMO.

No sniffles though, and very little sneezing. Just weakness, constant coughing and poor breathing.

Sounds like a monster hangover after a night where you've smoked about 40 fags.

Sounds like a monster hangover after a night where you've smoked about 40 fags.

:laugh:

I don't think I've given it to myself - but totally accept that smoking makes me far, far more susceptible to this sort of thing. When your body gives you a warning like this, you have to listen - so the cancer sticks have got to go.

this_is_my_story

Had the same thing a couple of years back, it utterly floored me. I hardly ever get colds, too.

Brutal.

Sniffles.

Ive presribed 3 packs of man up pills to be taken twice a day with man food. Under no circumstances can this food be options hot chocolate and weight watchers steam fresh mushroom risotto.

Had the same thing a couple of years back, it utterly floored me. I hardly ever get colds, too.

Brutal.

How long did you have it for? I hope only for a few days?

Sniffles.

Ive presribed 3 packs of man up pills to be taken twice a day with man food. Under no circumstances can this food be options hot chocolate and weight watchers steam fresh mushroom risotto.

Sorry - I've not eaten anything since Friday afternoon, and still don't feel hungry! And amusing though your post is, it's not easy to man up when, if you do anything at all, you're struggling to breathe.

Could you please not snuff it until you repay me for the drink I bought you Mr Lawson !!

:10900:

Looks like someone's got their priorities right! What was with that lemonade glass though? Weird...

Could you please not snuff it until you repay me for the drink I bought you Mr Lawson !!

So thats what these dramatics are for! :stuart:

Anyway work in the morn, cya.

this_is_my_story
How long did you have it for? I hope only for a few days?

Was well over the worst of the symptoms after around 48 hours. Really, really awful though. Stayed in my bed for most of it.

Taught me not to moan about a sore belly again, though!

this_is_my_story
Sorry - I've not eaten anything since Friday afternoon, and still don't feel hungry! And amusing though your post is, it's not easy to man up when, if you do anything at all, you're struggling to breathe.

See, that's when I know something's seriously wrong with me.

I'm not normally the shy, retiring type whilst in the company of a fish supper. :stuart:

:10900:

Looks like someone's got their priorities right! What was with that lemonade glass though? Weird...

You came to Edinburgh and didn't even say hello. :11:

I know that this is obviously a very emotive subject, but with respect Scott, I'd ask why you didn't address the question that Seats posted? All he's effectively asking is "Where do we draw the line?" It's potentially quite an interesting debate, and one which I'm sure you'd be able to contribute well to.

Again, with respect, smart-arsed replies really don't contribute anything.

Cheers, glad at least one person gets my point! I can't believe the number of people that either just haven't read or can't understand what, as you say, could be an interesting debate. Much easier to throw abuse than come up with a reasoned argument though!

Cheers, glad at least one person gets my point! I can't believe the number of people that either just haven't read or can't understand what, as you say, could be an interesting debate. Much easier to throw abuse than come up with a reasoned argument though!

abuse?

Im sick of you now. Reply to my post. Why do you think making fun of someone with a pink hoody is on the same level as being racist.

Read back the post i quoted from you. Paraphrased but it is what you stated.

Indefensible.

The People's Chimp

Disgusting.

All I can say is that I'm glad the Indian friend that I took to the game didn't have to hear any of this.

abuse?

Im sick of you now. Reply to my post. Why do you think making fun of someone with a pink hoody is on the same level as being racist.

Read back the post i quoted from you. Paraphrased but it is what you stated.

Indefensible.

That is fecking hilarious. I asked you if there was a difference, you said there was (in big red letters underlined) I asked you what the difference is and you still have not answered me. The fact is that abusing someone for what they are wearing is no different to abusing someone for the colour of their skin. Why do you think one is acceptable and one isn't?

That is fecking hilarious. I asked you if there was a difference, you said there was (in big red letters underlined) I asked you what the difference is and you still have not answered me. The fact is that abusing someone for what they are wearing is no different to abusing someone for the colour of their skin. Why do you think one is acceptable and one isn't?

I cant believe im answering this.

The boy made a conscious decision to go to the derby dressed as a hooded fairy, in the interests of free speech he is open to criticism. You cannot shelter everyone from life, it is character building to recieve the no feeling at some point in your life.

How you can compare this to race suggests to me that you have an alterior motive and perhaps we should lynch you on question time next.

The People's Chimp

I really hope you're playing devil's advocate, but if not, then you're an absolute fool.

Racism; sees people denied jobs, abused in the street, assaulted, treated differently.

Differing views of fashion; other than turning up for a job interview dressed like a tramp, i doubt, for example, that pink hoody was ever denied a job because of what he was wearing.

To try and equate the two shows you have no understanding at all of what racism actually is and what it, in reality, means.

I really hope you're playing devil's advocate, but if not, then you're an absolute fool.

Racism; sees people denied jobs, abused in the street, assaulted, treated differently.

Differing views of fashion; other than turning up for a job interview dressed like a tramp, i doubt, for example, that pink hoody was ever denied a job because of what he was wearing.

To try and equate the two shows you have no understanding at all of what racism actually is and what it, in reality, means.

Correct, the discrimination of race that at one point was institutional and some would rightly argue still is, should never be compared to such a trivial matter.

For the record i would make it compulsorary that people with pink hoody's were denied jobs, food, water etc...

(sorry if people find that offensive, i cant help being p-hoodist)

Ok, so it is permissable to take the pi$$ out of someone for what they wear?

What about a burka, turban or kippah? are these ok to make fun of? It's free speech after all?

Optimistic_at_heart

I have to say I don't really remember there being a pink hoody slave trade, or in fact any oppression of pink hoody wearing people, but I'm not sure. I'm not too bright a lot of the time. I often wear pink hoodies, but then I am a bird.

In saying that I can kind of see your point about ugly people not deserving abuse, to a certain extent, there's a lot of evidence to suggest that the beautiful people get it a lot easier and people are prejudiced against ugly ***** but its still not even close to racist remarks, or bullying a disabled person.

If you're wearing a pink hoody and you can't take the abuse then don't wear it again, if you're fat and folk are giving you hassle then with all due respect go down the gym. There are some things though that you just can't change and its not acceptable to shout at people just trying to mind their own business and watch the game.

The point I am trying to make it that it is not acceptable under any circumstances to abuse someone. Yet, in a football environment, we think it is acceptable to abuse someone because of what they wear. Well, where should the line be drawn, why is it acceptable to abuse someone for wearing a pink hoody and it is not acceptable to abuse someone wearing a turban (for example). Who decides what is acceptable and what isn't? is it you? me? the police? the courts? someone else?

I am not a racist, I live and work in a very international environment with people of differing nationalities and cultures. I understand the complexities of it (apparantly more than some on here) and the damage it can do. However, it strikes me that people (particularly in the UK) are always looking for an excuse to be "offended" and more often than not we see mock outrage which is completely out of context - do you think the asian guy the OP refers to is on a website complaining he was abused by hearts fans? Probably not, he was probably too busy shouting abuse at some "yam fuds".

There is a danger that society goes too far and in a football context removes all passion and "banter" (for want of a better word) out of the game. We are seeing it now with the BBC and their attempts to tone down abuse following the Andrew Sachs debacle. Now they are trying to censor Mock the Week. Where does it stop?

I was trying to instigate some debate, but if I have to explain it, the moment is probably gone. :nah:

The point I am trying to make it that it is not acceptable under any circumstances to abuse someone.

Unless your a Hibs fan wearing a pink hoody at tynecastle.

Acceptable imo.

A utopia would be boring dont you think?

Unless your a Hibs fan wearing a pink hoody at tynecastle.

Acceptable imo.

A utopia would be boring dont you think?

Yes, I do think a "utopia" would be a complete nightmare. For me, abusing a hibs fan (on the other side of the stadium coz i'm not brave) is part of the fun of the game, if he happens to be a fat, ugly, pink hoody wearing asian then I have to use my moral compass to decide which is acceptable to abuse and which I am not allowed to mention. If I decide (and I wouldn't just so we are clear) to pick on the asian element, then the guy next to me calling him a fat ugly git cannot criticise me IMO.

This is the point I have been trying to make all along. I am interested in knowing where the line stops and no-one has given me a decent answer yet.

I was trying to instigate some debate, but if I have to explain it, the moment is probably gone. :nah:

On the contrary, the best way to begin a debate is to explain it.

Dont worry, im here all week.

:2thumbsup:

The People's Chimp
The point I am trying to make it that it is not acceptable under any circumstances to abuse someone. Yet, in a football environment, we think it is acceptable to abuse someone because of what they wear. Well, where should the line be drawn, why is it acceptable to abuse someone for wearing a pink hoody and it is not acceptable to abuse someone wearing a turban (for example). Who decides what is acceptable and what isn't? is it you? me? the police? the courts? someone else?

I am not a racist, I live and work in a very international environment with people of differing nationalities and cultures. I understand the complexities of it (apparantly more than some on here) and the damage it can do. However, it strikes me that people (particularly in the UK) are always looking for an excuse to be "offended" and more often than not we see mock outrage which is completely out of context - do you think the asian guy the OP refers to is on a website complaining he was abused by hearts fans? Probably not, he was probably too busy shouting abuse at some "yam fuds".

There is a danger that society goes too far and in a football context removes all passion and "banter" (for want of a better word) out of the game. We are seeing it now with the BBC and their attempts to tone down abuse following the Andrew Sachs debacle. Now they are trying to censor Mock the Week. Where does it stop?

I really think you don't know what you're trying to say.

As for who decides, then yes, the police, the courts and the law. Racially abuse at a football match is a racially aggravated breach of the peace.

This is nothing to do with the removal of passion or banter. Strangely enough the vast majority of people manage to go to football games and show passion without resorting to racial abuse.

I really think you don't know what you're trying to say.

As for who decides, then yes, the police, the courts and the law. Racially abuse at a football match is a racially aggravated breach of the peace.

This is nothing to do with the removal of passion or banter. Strangely enough the vast majority of people manage to go to football games and show passion without resorting to racial abuse.

Remember the hearts fan that was done for abusing Lennon - called him a "ginger b" or something? Surely, most posters on this board could imagine using that sort of language themselves? Where does that sit in your scenario?

Yes, I do think a "utopia" would be a complete nightmare. For me, abusing a hibs fan (on the other side of the stadium coz i'm not brave) is part of the fun of the game, if he happens to be a fat, ugly, pink hoody wearing asian then I have to use my moral compass to decide which is acceptable to abuse and which I am not allowed to mention. If I decide (and I wouldn't just so we are clear) to pick on the asian element, then the guy next to me calling him a fat ugly git cannot criticise me IMO.

This is the point I have been trying to make all along. I am interested in knowing where the line stops and no-one has given me a decent answer yet.

Societal norms are not 'decided' by a mysterious figure who places some sort of linear marker of acceptabilty on Britain. This is a typical sun reader attitude of "ITS POLIKITAL COLECTNESS GONE M4D!" and thats why i find it hard to take you seriously.

You have to use your own judgement, taking into account a 1000 different factors very quickly. Saying this there are still general accepted standards British people would expect from a civilised society. One of these includes understanding the historical context of racism and the damage it has done in the past and how that type of institutional discrimanation can suppress whole peoples and stop individuals from achieving what they could if it wasnt for having a different genetic characteristic. Couple this with the ability to make the distiniction between this and making fun of a jacket.

So if this is true then why does the daily mail, the sun and other mainstream media outlets get such a following?

Well, unfortunately legislation has to be relatively linear otherwise there can be no consistency, which is why these businesses will latch onto unfortunate one off stories about someone being arrested or sacked for calling someone black etc... and wait for reactionary individuals to state BRITAIN IS GOING TO THE DOGS!11!

While i get exasparated by these stories too, as it is sad that buearocracy gets in the way of common sense, i get even more exasparated at people moaning about PC correctness. Its flippin boring and monotone.

Racism is bad mkay.

Societal norms are not 'decided' by a mysterious figure who places some sort of linear marker of acceptabilty on Britain. This is a typical sun reader attitude of "ITS POLIKITAL COLECTNESS GONE M4D!" and thats why i find it hard to take you seriously.

You have to use your own judgement, taking into account a 1000 different factors very quickly. Saying this there are still general accepted standards British people would expect from a civilised society. One of these includes understanding the historical context of racism and the damage it has done in the past and how that type of institutional discrimanation can suppress whole peoples and stop individuals from achieving what they could if it wasnt for having a different genetic characteristic. Couple this with the ability to make the distiniction between this and making fun of a jacket.

So if this is true then why does the daily mail, the sun and other mainstream media outlets get such a following?

Well, unfortunately legislation has to be relatively linear otherwise there can be no consistency, which is why these businesses will latch onto unfortunate one off stories about someone being arrested or sacked for calling someone black etc... and wait for reactionary individuals to state BRITAIN IS GOING TO THE DOGS!11!

While i get exasparated by these stories too, as it is sad that buearocracy gets in the way of common sense, i get even more exasparated at people moaning about PC correctness. Its flippin boring and monotone.

Racism is bad mkay.

Please stop saying mkay, i have no idea what it means.

The People's Chimp
Remember the hearts fan that was done for abusing Lennon - called him a "ginger b" or something? Surely, most posters on this board could imagine using that sort of language themselves? Where does that sit in your scenario?

It was calling john hartson a "welsh bustard." It was a ridiculous (mis)application of the law and should not have gone beyond a report to the PF, especially given it was driven by the usual strathclyde police anti-away team agenda.

Please stop saying mkay, i have no idea what it means.

Thanks for avoiding the crux of my post.

Clearly SEETHING with yourself for being so silly in bringing this topic up for discussion.

mkay.

It was calling john hartson a "welsh bustard." It was a ridiculous (mis)application of the law and should not have gone beyond a report to the PF, especially given it was driven by the usual strathclyde police anti-away team agenda.

see my explanation of the law being linear and sometimes common sense doesnt prevail.

and the reaction from 'seats' is the WERE ALL BEING CENSORED. When clearly it was just weedgie police who thought they were being clever.

Wasnt it Bellamy?

The People's Chimp
see my explanation of the law being linear and sometimes common sense doesnt prevail.

and the reaction from 'seats' is the WERE ALL BEING CENSORED. When clearly it was just weedgie police who thought they were being clever.

Wasnt it Bellamy?

Could have been.

Wasnt it Bellamy?

Now you are just completely making stuff up. I do not think we are all being censored and to the best of my knowledge I have never bought a "sun" in my life (or the daily mail for that matter). Unless I am mistaken (I am not a lawyer) the rule of precendence exists in this country. Therefore the "Welsh" situation is an indication of the type of punishment we could expect for shouts at a football match in future. I'll try that defence in court though - "but scott_jambo said that you would use common sense guv'nor".

j'kay?

Now you are just completely making stuff up. I do not think we are all being censored and to the best of my knowledge I have never bought a "sun" in my life (or the daily mail for that matter). Unless I am mistaken (I am not a lawyer) the rule of precendence exists in this country. Therefore the "Welsh" situation is an indication of the type of punishment we could expect for shouts at a football match in future. I'll try that defence in court though - "but scott_jambo said that you would use common sense guv'nor".

j'kay?

the Judiciary and law enforcement are seperate entities.

Each individual policman or woman rightly or wrongly have a certain discretion in applying the law.

The fact that this is a relatively isolated incident, hence why you remember it so well, proves my point that you are trying and failing to ridicule.

When it goes to court they have to look at legislation which as explained before has to be linear for consistency purposes.

Cheer up bud. someone will come online to agree with you eventually.

x

Now you are just completely making stuff up. I do not think we are all being censored.

I refer you to your comment on censorship of Mock the week and the immediate question after "where does it stop?"

Implying that there is a danger that we will all be censored. :43::43:

I refer you to your comment on censorship of Mock the week and the immediate question after "where does it stop?"

Implying that there is a danger that we will all be censored. :43::43:

I also think there is a danger of getting run over by a bus. It does not mean that I have been.

I also think there is a danger of getting run over by a bus. It does not mean that I have been.

You go off on so many tangents to try and prove something that you dont even know or believe yourself.

For the record:

pink hoodys arent racist.

buses arent ginger.

mock the week isnt welsh. (unless Rhod Gilbert is a guest)

Hope I have cleared things up for you.

Miller Jambo 60
Ok, so it is permissable to take the pi$$ out of someone for what they wear?

What about a burka, turban or kippah? are these ok to make fun of? It's free speech after all?

Cant wait for someone to slag my turban at Tynecastle.

Watch this space.

Doug.

chester copperpot
Cant wait for someone to slag my turban at Tynecastle.

Watch this space.

Doug.

:rofl:

That post was magical Doug, magical. :10900:

Agreed. It's easy to come on here complaining after the incident.

I don't get this post and this general view. Somebody posts on a football forum about his experiences at a football game, seems perfectly acceptable to me. What will come from it is about the same as ANYTHING posted on this or any other forum. The lad just wanted to say something about it, like it or don't like it.

It is even stranger that you feel this way even though you came on here following successive (IIRC) trips to Parkhead to have a go at the Police/stewards. So yeah, you are right, it IS easy to complain after the incident, you are an example of that. :)

I don't get this post and this general view. Somebody posts on a football forum about his experiences at a football game, seems perfectly acceptable to me. What will come from it is about the same as ANYTHING posted on this or any other forum. The lad just wanted to say something about it, like it or don't like it.

It is even stranger that you feel this way even though you came on here following successive (IIRC) trips to Parkhead to have a go at the Police/stewards. So yeah, you are right, it IS easy to complain after the incident, you are an example of that. :)

If they are not prepared to complain before the incident then it's not worth their time posting here imo. :cool_shades:

If they are not prepared to complain before the incident then it's not worth their time posting here imo. :cool_shades:

Now now Dave, I don't think I am being unreasonable. Any complainer could at least complain at the exact time on their iPhone. :smiley2:

Archived