Looks like i founf some people who didnt watch the Dispatches on Asians...

flogelisgod

I was at the derby today in section G and as much as i like to poke fun at a hobo or 8, some of the stuff aimed at a Asian hibs fan was nothing short of revolting.

Questioning his eligibility to live in the country, telling him to go back and work in his shop, various animal noises etc..just general stuff that wasnt fit for any atmosphere. To make it worse, i took along a friend's sons for their first ever footy match and was horrified when all this nonsense came from around me.

Worse was to follow when various phrases were thrown at Nade when he was on the ball too. I wont say what was said/chanted but it was all stereotypical rubbish that was hurled at him.

As a Jambo of numerous years, that was probably the worst experience i have had at a derby in relation to atmosphere. The game itself wasnt great but just the aforementioned crap with the fact that i was trying to sell the merits of supporting the JT's to a couple of wee guys. Disgraceful.

chester copperpot
Did you bring it to the attention of the authorities? If not don't come whingeing on here

Agreed. It's easy to come on here complaining after the incident.

Did you bring it to the attention of the authorities? If not don't come whingeing on here

Ah the traditional JKB way of sweeping an issue like this under the carpet.

Not really Matt. Nothing will come from this thread. \something may have if the guy informed authorities.

Ah the traditional JKB way of sweeping an issue like this under the carpet.

No just a fact, feck all will be done about anything like that moaning on here, if you don't like something do something about it.

I did not need take it up with the police or stewards...as they were within touching distance of where i was shouting and noticed what was going on . They turned and looked up at the group, and turned away again...

I find it sad and pathetic that some so-called 'fans' resort to this neaderthalic, bigoted chanting.

y2389r.jpg

I mean, just look at the intricacy of design in this Asian fan. Tonight, I'm embarrassed to be a Jambo.

asian guy was a hobo wearing a blue t shirt and was accompanied by a lrger lady and a neanderthal thug of a friend

I find it sad and pathetic than some so-called 'fans' resort to this neaderthalic, bigoted chanting.

y2389r.jpg

I mean, just look at the intricacy of design in this Asian fan. Tonight, I'm embarrassed to be a Jambo.

ho ho ho.

chester copperpot
asian guy was a hobo wearing a blue t shirt and was accompanied by a lrger lady and a neanderthal thug of a friend

TBH, Hobo was enough for me to hate him.

I was at the derby today in section G and as much as i like to poke fun at a hobo or 8, some of the stuff aimed at a Asian hibs fan was nothing short of revolting.

Questioning his eligibility to live in the country, telling him to go back and work in his shop, various animal noises etc..just general stuff that wasnt fit for any atmosphere. To make it worse, i took along a friend's sons for their first ever footy match and was horrified when all this nonsense came from around me.

Worse was to follow when various phrases were thrown at Nade when he was on the ball too. I wont say what was said/chanted but it was all stereotypical rubbish that was hurled at him.

As a Jambo of numerous years, that was probably the worst experience i have had at a derby in relation to atmosphere. The game itself wasnt great but just the aforementioned crap with the fact that i was trying to sell the merits of supporting the JT's to a couple of wee guys. Disgraceful.

not debating the RIGHTS OR WRONG or INS AND outs of it

but

why on earth would you think section G is a suitable place for a neutral child at a sell out important hibs game (or yourself if easily offended) theres a whole family friendly stand plus 2/3 of the wheatfield and most of the old stand that you will not in a million years hear any nonsense even at hibs/celtic games.seriously

Not really Matt. Nothing will come from this thread. \something may have if the guy informed authorities.

Other subjects are moaned about on JKB yet the issue of racial conduct in the stands appears to be the only one (if not, one of the very few) that is usually met by the stock response.

I have to say I have rarely read a thread surrounding this subject that sweeps it under the carpet.

Most are full of thrashings that it is 'outrageous' or 'embarassing' and all result in no change whatsoever.

I have to say I have rarely read a thread surrounding this subject that sweeps it under the carpet.

Most are full of thrashings that it is 'outrageous' or 'embarassing' and all result in no change whatsoever.

What change are you expecting because of the thread, in fact any thread on an internet forum? :th_o:

Jam Tarts 1874

It never fails to sicken me that there are people who use the security/anonymity of being within a football crowd to express their bigotry, sectarianism, racisim, homophobia or any other opnion which should be deemed unacceptable in the 21st century.

I bet none of these people would have the guts to stand alone in Princes Street on a soapbox and share their vile opinions with the public at large.

What change are you expecting because of the thread, in fact any thread on an internet forum? :th_o:

That was the point I was making Dave!

I am not condoning any form of racist abuse, but I do think it is ridiculous that people bitch about this sort of stuff on here. You are in a football crowd and people will give the opposing fans abuse. The rules are not set by your moral compass or my moral compass, but by the lowest denominator - accept it and grow up.

I seem to remember there being a lot of abuse directed at a hobo a few years ago for wearing a pink hoody. I also seem to remember that everyone thought it was hilarious. Is this more acceptable than abusing someone because they are asian/fat/ginger/ugly/black or just plain hibs fans?

How many fans on todays forum went home and cried because some hibbee called them a yam fud? No, thought not! Time to grow up and accept that this stuff goes on and whilst it may be slightly distasteful, it is hardly the end of the world!

these threads normally go the same way. Someone moans, someone asks if they reported it. If they did some keyboard loyalist comes on and gives them abit of abuse for being a coward and not saying it to their face and if they didn't then everyone loses interest and tells the OP to shush.

Miller Jambo 60
these threads normally go the same way. Someone moans, someone asks if they reported it. If they did some keyboard loyalist comes on and gives them abit of abuse for being a coward and not saying it to their face and if they didn't then everyone loses interest and tells the OP to shush.

As for the Pink Hoodie chants, dont think hes been back to a game.

He was well sorted, Hobo plum.

As for racial chants, never hear them at games.

If theres nothing to moan about, someone will find something.

Hibees are Hibees no matter what they are.

Doug.

If that's the worst you've heard at a Derby game, you've not been to many games!!

I am not condoning any form of racist abuse, but I do think it is ridiculous that people bitch about this sort of stuff on here. You are in a football crowd and people will give the opposing fans abuse. The rules are not set by your moral compass or my moral compass, but by the lowest denominator - accept it and grow up.

I seem to remember there being a lot of abuse directed at a hobo a few years ago for wearing a pink hoody. I also seem to remember that everyone thought it was hilarious. Is this more acceptable than abusing someone because they are asian/fat/ginger/ugly/black or just plain hibs fans?

How many fans on todays forum went home and cried because some hibbee called them a yam fud? No, thought not! Time to grow up and accept that this stuff goes on and whilst it may be slightly distasteful, it is hardly the end of the world!

I see what your saying but what if a fellow Hearts fan was in the stand and he was Asian/Black whatever and he has to sit there listening to some moron spouting alot of racist bull**** when all he wants to do is go to the game and support his team. How do you think they would feel ?

Personally I dont think racism has any part in the game and its not something I am just going to accept, it also brings down the reputation of the Hearts supporters.

I seem to remember there being a lot of abuse directed at a hobo a few years ago for wearing a pink hoody. I also seem to remember that everyone thought it was hilarious. Is this more acceptable than abusing someone because they are asian/black or just plain hibs fans?

YES

So its bad to be racist, but its ok to pick on people for being fat/ugly/ginger/handicapped/whatever?

I would make it mandatory if I could.

I would make it mandatory if I could.

You have actually proved my point. I assume you meant this in a light hearted way, or at least that is how most people will take it. However, if you had said that about an asian or black, the mods would be kicking your butt just now and the faux moralists would be burning up their keyboards in mock offence.

So its bad to be racist, but its ok to pick on people for being fat/ugly/ginger/handicapped/whatever?

No idea why you seem to think that would be ok.

this_is_my_story

I suppose it's not okay, and I suspect that you don't think it is okay.

I do see what you're getting at though. Will we see campaigns against 'hoodism'?! Will you risk being pulled up for being 'weightist' for calling someone a fatty?! Or is it a 'hair colour motivated crime' if you call someone ginger baws?! :stuart:

I suppose it's not okay, and I suspect that you don't think it is okay.

I do see what you're getting at though. Will we see campaigns against 'hoodism'?! Will you risk being pulled up for being 'weightist' for calling someone a fatty?! Or is it a 'hair colour motivated crime' if you call someone ginger baws?! :stuart:

Exactly, I am not saying it is ok to abuse anyone, but who decides where the line is drawn? Next we won't be allowed to call them hibbee ******** at the game!

this_is_my_story
Exactly, I am not saying it is ok to abuse anyone, but who decides where the line is drawn? Next we won't be allowed to call them hibbee ******** at the game!

That's actually a pretty interesting question. Should it be an offence to insult someone based on the grounds you've used as an example in post #29? Well, who's to say it should or shouldn't be, if it upsets or hurts the victim?

How's the weather in Marbella by the way? My Dad's staying just up the coast from you for a bit (Nerja), says it's been lovely recently. Lucky bassa. :smiley2:

Read it again, are you familiar with punctuation? :huh2:

I'm perfectly familiar with it, i'm just struggling to see how you could possibly lump something as trivial as hair colour or weight in the same category as disability or race.

you cant see the difference between pink hoodies and racism, dont blame me for your confused upbringing cheers.

Sheriff Fatman

Society as a whole decides wat is morally acceptable, it always has and it always will.

Society as a whole decided that racism is morally wrong decades ago,but some neanderthals still think it is 'big and clever' and will attract the brain dead bimbo clones that they seem to drool over.

Society as a whole couldn't give a rat's arse about slagging people who wear pink hoodies, and also tends to find it laughable when people try and use the primary school excuse 'he gets a way it A, so I should get away with B'.

you cant see the difference between pink hoodies and racism, dont blame me for your confused upbringing cheers.

So it is permissable for you to abuse my ginger friend but I have to pull you up if you abuse my asian friend? Don't you think you are applying double standards there? Oh no wait, it's me who had a confused upbringing! :stuart:

So it is permissable for you to abuse my ginger friend but I have to pull you up if you abuse my asian friend? Don't you think you are applying double standards there? Oh no wait, it's me who had a confused upbringing! :stuart:

Hi there, im Scott and my post was in relation to your pink hoody comment.

Hope this helps.

Theres some feckin pesh being spouted on this thread , hope this helps. Your welcome.

Thanks for raising the standard with your contribution.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :stuart:

Thanks for raising the standard with your contribution.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :stuart:

To be fair Scott, I think the Chairman was referring to the completely risible "racism is cool" arguments being employed by people who should know an awful lot better; and not to your posts.

this_is_my_story

Hi there, im Scott and my post was in relation to your pink hoody comment.

Hope this helps.

I know that this is obviously a very emotive subject, but with respect Scott, I'd ask why you didn't address the question that Seats posted? All he's effectively asking is "Where do we draw the line?" It's potentially quite an interesting debate, and one which I'm sure you'd be able to contribute well to.

Again, with respect, smart-arsed replies really don't contribute anything.

To be fair Scott, I think the Chairman was referring to the completely risible "racism is cool" arguments being employed by people who should know an awful lot better; and not to your posts.

Thats ok, I just wanted an excuse to continue with the therapist type signature endings to a post.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :2thumbsup:

P.S. did you enjoy the game and diggers? Mind you saying you had flu on jkb, did you make it to the game??

I know that this is obviously a very emotive subject, but with respect Scott, I'd ask why you didn't address the question that Seats posted? All he's effectively asking is "Where do we draw the line?" It's potentially quite an interesting debate, and one which I'm sure you'd be able to contribute well to.

Again, with respect, smart-arsed replies really don't contribute anything.

Do i want to discuss wider social issues on a football forum, nah not today, quite hungover still from the night before.

Do i want to annoy people with smart arsed replies today. Yes.

Are pink hoodies racist? You tell me. :smiley2:

You never see a ginger asian or an asian with downs syndrome, do you?

Never in the same room either, weird.

this_is_my_story
Do i want to discuss wider social issues on a football forum, nah not today, quite hungover still from the night before.

Do i want to annoy people with smart arsed replies today. Yes.

Are pink hoodies racist? You tell me. :smiley2:

Pish-poor cop out. :smiley2:

And no, pink hoodies aren't racist. They're sexist, because pink is a burdz colour. :2thumbsup:

Archived