Man City v Burnley

Tottenham v Sunderland

Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd

Sunday :

Hull v Stoke

Wigan v Fulham

Chelsea v Man Utd

this_is_my_story
The prices are never different enough between bookies and even exchanges for that to happen. If you do find a way to do it then let me know and we'll both become very rich!! :2thumbsup:

The closest I have ever noticed to a bet like that is for the SPL actually. Its going to be Rangers or Celtic every season. You can also pretty much guarantee that they will both have a spell at the top where one is a few points ahead of the other.

Each of them will be 2/1 at some point during the season so say you stick ?100 on the Huns at 2/1 then they move above Celtic and you get ?100 on the Tims at 2/1. You are guaranteed a ?100 profit at the end of the season.

That's something that's been true on a fair few occasions, Kurt, you obviously know your stuff. That very system has given me a couple of free holidays. :2thumbsup:

Occasionally, such an opportunity will arise. It's called, in betting terms, arbitrage.

Usually, you'll only see such an opportunity in 'two horse races', e.g. tennis or snooker matches, where there is no draw; only two outcomes - player a wins, or player b wins.

Say for example, in a tennis match, bookies have a different opinion - Hills bet Nadal 11/10, Federer 8/11. Ladbrokes bet Nadal 8/11, and Nadal 11/10.

You can have ?100 on each, with a total outlay of ?200, with a guaranteed return of ?210, no matter who wins. Only a 5% profit on your initial outlay, but it's a certain profit, nonetheless.

Doesn't happen very often though. Is this the kind of thing you're on about?

it happens a lot more than you think!

its more common in horse racing though, but with betting at a bookies and laying on betfair or betdaq

this_is_my_story
it happens a lot more than you think!

its more common in horse racing though, but with betting at a bookies and laying on betfair or betdaq

Reading your posts on this thread JiA, you obviously know the game when it comes to arbitrage opportunites.

A friend of my Dad's is into this on a large scale, he bets five figure sums. The key is making sure you can get on. He's had a lucky escape one more than one occasion!

this_is_my_story
You have to factor in the draw..... and the percentage "overround" for the book for each individual football match. Overround being the percentage profit that each bookie calculates above the true odds of each of the 3 possible outcomes.

Remember if doing multiples (accumulators, luckies etc) the effect of the overround in the book of each selection is compounded to the detriment of the punter in terms of the financial return compared to the true odds of all of the selections winning.

Stick to trebles for fun :smiley2:

What would you know about the betting game likes? :laugh:

Why not practice for the next couple weeks to see if you are any good? Pick 3 teams and use a bet calculator to find out what the combined odds are. Then put an imaginary ?10 on it.

Try to avoid the Premiership and SPL, however the English lower leagues are where I make most of my winnings

Why not practice for the next couple weeks to see if you are any good? Pick 3 teams and use a bet calculator to find out what the combined odds are. Then put an imaginary ?10 on it.

Try to avoid the Premiership and SPL, however the English lower leagues are where I make most of my winnings

I know a few folk who lost accumulators because Notts County got turned over :laugh:

Lucky for me, I know a bit more about English football. :2thumbsup:

Posted what I'm thinking just up the page in two bets. I'll have a wee go at it.

Betfair a good place to do these?

I don't really want to set up loads of different accounts so if someone could recommend a site I would be grateful.

I gained about ?100 in total over a couple of guaranteed bets. It's based on the free bets you get but worth it for a quick gain.

See here :

http://www.comeonboro.com/bet/160000.php

Other than that betting is a mugs game

Thats the kind of thing I was talking about. Think I'll give it a miss, get to grips with basic bets and see where I go from there. :stuart:

Thats the kind of thing I was talking about. Think I'll give it a miss, get to grips with basic bets and see where I go from there. :stuart:

If you are just starting out though it might be better to start with that as you need to set up new accounts to take advantage of the free bets which make it all possible to make a profit.

I hadn't done any kind of gambling but did this and it worked ok.

If you are just starting out though it might be better to start with that as you need to set up new accounts to take advantage of the free bets which make it all possible to make a profit.

I hadn't done any kind of gambling but did this and it worked ok.

Honestly, just doing it for a bit of fun. Not really interested in profit that much. The only reason I mentioned these bets as it appealed to my OCD side when it came to probability. :laugh:

Would betfair be a good place to set up an accout? They have a ?25 free thing.

this_is_my_story
The cheek of it....

you going tomorrow?

Naw, will be keeping tabs on events from a nearby location though.

Yourself?

Honestly, just doing it for a bit of fun. Not really interested in profit that much. The only reason I mentioned these bets as it appealed to my OCD side when it came to probability. :laugh:

Would betfair be a good place to set up an accout? They have a ?25 free thing.

there are probably around 50 sign up offers out there, and if you're going to gamble regularly then you're best ripping the erse out of them all. I agree with Jamborossi though, its a shame to waste a free bet on chance and used properly you could easily make ?400 out of them (and probably a lot lot more)

Right, I put ?10 on 3 bets.

?5 on Arsen/A Villa/Tott @ 4

?2 on Goncalves to score first @ 14.5

?3 on Hibs/Hearts Halftime/fulltime @ 42

:stuart:

Yeah, just took those two as betfair refund first losing bet so I picked something with high odds.

Shocking odds there mate; Jose was 40/1 with Betfred.

:laugh: Dosn't really matter. Should get that and the other match bet I had on back.

Still Villa/Spurs/Arsenal looking not bad right now.

I fancy Stoke on sunday too, whats the name of that odd checker site?

Also looking at the Arsenal/Villa/Spurs thing I've got.

Villa look good for the win at 3-1 right now. Spurs just saved a pen and Sunderland really going for it at 1-0. Is it worth me protecting my bet with backing Sunderland, and if spurs win. Backing wolves/draw?

So anyone tell me if it's sensibile to back wolves/draw so if my accumulator fails I haven't I'm still a little bit up?

Never chase your losses buddy.

Also, it's http://www.oddschecker.co.uk

Yeah found it up the top. My reasoning was that Wolves are priced at 17/2 / 9.6 and a few quid on that would cover any money i've put on the accumulator.

Not right?

You could lay Arsenal on Betfair and guarantee yourself eight quid odds profit.

I would let the treble ride as your only losing a fiver, and you obviously thought Arsenal were a good bet so whats changed?

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

:smiley2:

You could lay Arsenal on Betfair and guarantee yourself eight quid odds profit.

I would let the treble ride as your only losing a fiver, and you obviously thought Arsenal were a good bet so whats changed?

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

:smiley2:

Cheers mate. :10900:

I doubt myself alot, Arsenal were an easy pick. But as soon as I want something to happen it dosn't. :laugh:

Cheers mate. :10900:

I doubt myself alot, Arsenal were an easy pick. But as soon as I want something to happen it dosn't. :laugh:

tell me about it. ****ing Man City let me down for a five team acca today.

Thats them off the betting list for a few weeks!!

tell me about it. ****ing Man City let me down for a five team acca today.

Thats them off the betting list for a few weeks!!

Wouldn't put anything on them right now, untill they sure up the defence they will be a liability.

I'm just going to leave it, it's about learning right now for me. :10900:

Wouldn't put anything on them right now, untill they sure up the defence they will be a liability.

I'm just going to leave it, it's about learning right now for me. :10900:

So far so good mate!!

First win then. With my refund due should be up to ?30. :10900:

Only ?15 but feels good to get a win, think I'll stick to these. Maybe a few on the boxing tonight.

You know how everyone's said "don't chase"? Seriously, don't. I just had a moment of utter madness a couple of hours ago and put ?500 on the Arse at 2/5 to recover money lost earlier on. It won, so I'm in profit for the day, but I spent the game basically sh*ting myself under a duvet. It's not worth the stress!*

*unless you win

You know how everyone's said "don't chase"? Seriously, don't. I just had a moment of utter madness a couple of hours ago and put ?500 on the Arse at 2/5 to recover money lost earlier on. It won, so I'm in profit for the day, but I spent the game basically sh*ting myself under a duvet. It's not worth the stress!*

*unless you win

:laugh:

Yep, don't fancy putting nearly all the cash I have on one game.

You putting anything on the Haye fight? I want to, but so torn between the two.

:laugh:

Yep, don't fancy putting nearly all the cash I have on one game.

You putting anything on the Haye fight? I want to, but so torn between the two.

I know - would have been last month's wages (plus a bit more) up in smoke just like that...as it is, I've emerged slightly better off financially, and (hopefully) a ****ing whole lot wiser!

I don't bet on any other sports except football, but from what I've heard, Haye should win on points, barring a dodgy decision from the German judges (who'll be biased towards the big guy).

I know - would have been last month's wages (plus a bit more) up in smoke just like that...as it is, I've emerged slightly better off financially, and (hopefully) a ****ing whole lot wiser!

I don't bet on any other sports except football, but from what I've heard, Haye should win on points, barring a dodgy decision from the German judges (who'll be biased towards the big guy).

What I'm worried about. Alot of friends are just lumping cash on Haye, I've tried saying that Valuev can go the distance, he's only lost one time and that was a points decision.

I might just avoid it, enjoy the fight and mock people who bet on the loser.

Private Hudson

*unless you win

Betting on Arsenal to beat Wolves is hardly 'gambling' is it? :th_o:

Betting on Arsenal to beat Wolves is hardly 'gambling' is it? :th_o:

Some would have said that betting on Man City at home to Burnley at 1/3 was "hardly gambling" too...

Private Hudson
Some would have said that betting on Man City at home to Burnley at 1/3 was "hardly gambling" too...

City have been the model of inconsistency this season. As they are most seasons.

Haye should win on points, barring a dodgy decision from the German judges (who'll be biased towards the big guy).

Wish I had taken that now. :laugh:

*unless you win

What had you lost on before?

Archived