Well Done Sir...

Meadows

Dont want to name the school or teacher just in case ! But,my ten year old son came home from school today talking about the Hearts team from 1914.

His teacher had explained to the entire class about them being top of the league,the toll the war training took on them and that 7 players paid the ultimate price. He also told them Celtic eventually chipped away at hearts lead to win the league but that many felt Hearts were the real winners.

I know his teacher is a season ticket holder in section N ,so if you are reading this....Well Done !!

Johanes de Silentio

They were saying on Radio Scotland this morning that a worrying amount of Scots kids have little or no knowledge of WWI & WWII.

Some of the kids thought that the holocaust was a party to celebrate the end of the war, and that Adolf Hitler was a German football coach!

Great stuff from the teacher mentioned in the OP, though! :2thumbsup:

Hans von Luck

Have to say much more educational than some of the p.c teachers ranting on about mod edit, and the koran.

WWI and WWII sould never be forgotten "ask Jack Straw about that one".

Have to say much more educational than some of the p.c teachers ranting on about mod edit, and the koran.

that's some post right there. Take a bow.

when do they have those things such as teacher of the year awards?

the teacher sounds like they deserve at least a nomination

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Classy guy...

The People's Chimp

Yeah apparently that's all they're allowed to teach in Scottish schools now, the koran, arabic fashion trends and I heard that even in home eccy couscous is all they make nowadays.

We are a muslim country in all but name.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
He'll be on question time next week

Stop being so PC! How dare you criticise someone's right to racially abuse people...

It is lefty bleeding heart liberals like you that stop us descending into race riots every week with your outrageous live and let live attitude to other people!

Hang your 'heed' in shame!

:stuart:

Guest Bilel Mohsni
Yeah apparently that's all they're allowed to teach in Scottish schools now, the koran, arabic fashion trends and I heard that even in home eccy couscous is all they make nowadays.

We are a muslim country in all but name.

Ah those halcyon school days where I would pray five times a day and was never behind the times with the state of the Arab-world's economy. SIGH....

Ah those halcyon school days where I would pray five times a day and was never behind the times with the state of the Arab-world's economy. SIGH....

Salamu 'lekum, Mothy. Labas? Bessahtek, achee.

I'll never forget the time I got in big stooshy wi the heed master for inscribing the verses of the koran on the bog wa'.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'll never forget the time I got in big stooshy wi the heed master for inscribing the verses of the koran on the bog wa'.

Shocking isn't it? It was the same for me when they insisted on me wearing a Sikh turban in swimming class... It was a real 'drag'...

Shocking isn't it? It was the same for me when they insisted on me wearing a Sikh turban in swimming class... It was a real 'drag'...

doing gym in baboosh slippers is nae easier

Guest Bilel Mohsni
doing gym in baboosh slippers is nae easier

And don't even get me started on all the holy cows wandering around the corridors... Really got in the way of my Hebrew class...

john brownlee

nic arie bemac

nic arie bemac

lhamdu llah

(Meadows - yep this is surreal!)

Good teacher by the way or ustad mezyan, if you will

Sad to see that HVL has been suspended for just putting across his views that most on here are too PC to agree with.

Well done I say to him and the teacher.

Dont want to name the school or teacher just in case ! But,my ten year old son came home from school today talking about the Hearts team from 1914.

His teacher had explained to the entire class about them being top of the league,the toll the war training took on them and that 7 players paid the ultimate price. He also told them Celtic eventually chipped away at hearts lead to win the league but that many felt Hearts were the real winners.

I know his teacher is a season ticket holder in section N ,so if you are reading this....Well Done !!

ITS NICE TO HEAR THAT OUR HISTORY IS BEING TAUGHT IN OUR SCHOOLS TODAY AND THAT THE SENSE OF DECENCY SHOWN BY THE HEARTS TEAM OF 1914 MAYBE JUST RUB OF ON OUR YOUNG, WELL DONE THAT TEACHER:2thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Can you imagine any hobo children going home to tell daddy all about the Hearts team of 1914. They would be spewing!!!

Must confess I was left speechless when listening to the news on the radio with regards the survey taking that says x percent of kids believe this and that about Adolf Hitler and the auschwitz was this and the Holocaust was that.

To be perfectly honest I am not sure I believe the findings of the survey for the very reason is that surely today's children cannot be that thick? Can they?

John

portobellojambo1
Must confess I was left speechless when listening to the news on the radio with regards the survey taking that says x percent of kids believe this and that about Adolf Hitler and the auschwitz was this and the Holocaust was that.

To be perfectly honest I am not sure I believe the findings of the survey for the very reason is that surely today's children cannot be that thick? Can they?

John

I, too, find it quite frightening the limited knowledge kids have about the history of this island in general, and the two World wars in particular.

However, I don't think it is totally down to them being thick John. I think, as has already been mentioned on this thread, we seem to live in a time when teaching children about, in fact even mentioning, the two World wars in school is frowned upon. I think the modern day liberal crew term it as glorifying war. What that liberal crew tend to forget is that if these men and women hadn't made the ultimate sacrifice then they probably wouldn't have an opinion to offer today.

I, too, find it quite frightening the limited knowledge kids have about the history of this island in general, and the two World wars in particular.

However, I don't think it is totally down to them being thick John. I think, as has already been mentioned on this thread, we seem to live in a time when teaching children about, in fact even mentioning, the two World wars in school is frowned upon. I think the modern day liberal crew term it as glorifying war. What that liberal crew tend to forget is that if these men and women hadn't made the ultimate sacrifice then they probably wouldn't have an opinion to offer today.

I hear what you are saying loud and clear. However I attended school from 1968-1979 and was not taught about the world wars in any history classes. Most I found out for myself by reading books. Plus my father never let me forget. I just dont think children nowadays are capable of getting off their backsides and finding out for themselves. That means using their initiative and sadly that is lacking in a great many nowadays(I just dont mean children here).

Perfect example of this to me is the number of people who post on this website with a very limited knowledge of the club they support and an even lesser knowledge of the clubs we play against.

John

Archived