Gas meter help

number16

Managed to turn my pre-pay gas meter off somehow; pressed the wrong button I think. Does anyone know how to turn it back on?

If it is a Quantum mtr then one of two reasons -- you may have pressed the black budget button at some point -- if you have then even though you may have credit the meter will turn off after a certain amount of gas has been used.

Simply put card in mtr and follow instructions as below.

If you had run out then simply top up then place card back in mtr -- instruction will come up hold for gas -- hold in red button until message release for gas comes up -- take finger off red button and wait -- after a few seconds meter will beep then will go from off to on -- then you have gas -- check pilot light as possible that will need turned on for your heating etc.

If you need more help then let me know -- I can talk you through it.

If it is a Quantum mtr then one of two reasons -- you may have pressed the black budget button at some point -- if you have then even though you may have credit the meter will turn off after a certain amount of gas has been used.

If you had run out then simply top up then place card back in mtr -- instruction will come up hold for gas -- hold in red button until message release for gas comes up -- take finger off red button and wait -- after a few seconds meter will beep then will go from off to on -- then you have gas -- check pilot light as possible that will need turned on for your heating etc.

Cheers. I'll try that when I get back to the flat.:smiley2:

I take it your an FCO with SGN?

Prince Buaben
How do you know? I take it you are an FCO?

No i work in at same place as him :10900:

Scottish Gas :10900:

Makes sense!

I work for SGN so that's where my questions were coming from.

Thanks Andy - wanted to keep that a secret ! :10900:

Sergey from flumps.net might try and out me !!

Archived