rule britannia no more - lisbon treaty signed

Guest juvehearts

Tony Blair should be in a cell next to Karadic.

War Criminal.

No straight in to the Middle East Peace Envoy Role for B,liar

couldn't make it up :43:

This is the theory but you will the note the Blair debate and whether this President will simply chair the council or be the "face of Europe" as it were.

Letting Blair anywhere near this job would be tragic.

So really the opposition from theTory Party is more to do with Blair being given a position that they don't want him to have as opposed to the institution itself?

Personally I see it as a more honorific post - perhaps akin to the Presidential role in Germany? The Chancellor in Germany is the real leader, while the President is nominally a figurehead.

Geoff Kilpatrick
So really the opposition from theTory Party is more to do with Blair being given a position that they don't want him to have as opposed to the institution itself?

Personally I see it as a more honorific post - perhaps akin to the Presidential role in Germany? The Chancellor in Germany is the real leader, while the President is nominally a figurehead.

No, I think that's a red herring, although it has been obvious that Lord Slime has been trying to wangle Blair into that role ever since he resigned as PM.

No, I think that's a red herring, although it has been obvious that Lord Slime has been trying to wangle Blair into that role ever since he resigned as PM.

What's the red herring? Blair being the focus for Tory angst and ire or the largely ceremonial role that may be the EU President?

Sorry, nearly 1pm and still not fully awake!

Archived