Bonfire Night

hughesie27

Do you like Bonfire Night?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like Bonfire Night?

Yay or Nay?

Personally I love it. Nice looking round seeing fireworks going off everywhere, Good that we haven't had too many go off before the night as well.

Where are you getting your fireworks this year?

I love bonfire night, watching all the fireworks is fab.

Taking my daughter to Pittencrieff park in Dunfermline on Thursday night, just hope it doesn't rain and spoil the night.

Miller Jambo 60
Yay or Nay?

Personally I love it. Nice looking round seeing fireworks going off everywhere, Good that we haven't had too many go off before the night as well.

Cant be bothered now with it all.

An xcuse for the braindeads to stone firemen and hurt animals.

Wish some of the neds would blow themselves up.

As for fireworks, should not be sold to the public.

Organised displays yes.

Doug.

I'm all for organised displays.

But, personally I think they should make fireworks very expensive too buy...they are far to cheap - basically meaning any idiot can buy them.

Organised displays yes.

Doug.

Bang on the money Doug :2thumbsup:

Boaby Prentice

Organised displays yes.

Doug.

Spot on

Nay, shan on the animals, especially my dog. En plus, arsehole neighbours who set them off at random times through the day/night, on random days of the week before and after the actual night. Have a thought for everyone else FFS. They are set of round here by an attention seeking wierdo family.

And as someone else said earlier, you get the dreggs of society strapping fireworks to poor animals, very upsetting. Do what you like to a human :lol:, leave the innocent animals out of it.

Does anyone know of any organised fireworks displays in the edinburgh area tonight? Thinking about taking the girlfriend and her daughter.

blondejamtart

Organised displays yes.

Doug.

I'm with you on this one, Doug - organised displays, fine, otherwise a definite no.

Our black Lab can go for walks and not bat an eyelid where there's shooting going on or birdscarers, but cowers under the bed trembling when there's fireworks going off for days before the event itself. And don't even get me started on the mindless morons who use it as an excuse to inflict wanton cruelty.

Miller Jambo 60
I'm with you on this one, Doug - organised displays, fine, otherwise a definite no.

Our black Lab can go for walks and not bat an eyelid where there's shooting going on or birdscarers, but cowers under the bed trembling when there's fireworks going off for days before the event itself. And don't even get me started on the mindless morons who use it as an excuse to inflict wanton cruelty.

I will be cowering under my Hearts duvet cover tonight.:43:

Doug.

blondejamtart
I will be cowering under my Hearts duvet cover tonight.:43:

Doug.

I'll send the dog round then - you can both cower together!

Does anyone know of any organised fireworks displays in the edinburgh area tonight? Thinking about taking the girlfriend and her daughter.

You've got the one at Meadowbank stadium or I go to the one at Pittencrieff park in Dunfermline which is brilliant:smiley2:

You've got the one at Meadowbank stadium or I go to the one at Pittencrieff park in Dunfermline which is brilliant:smiley2:

Thanks for that. If you say the Dunfermline one is brilliant i'll give that a try. :2thumbsup:

Organised displays yes.

Doug.

Saved me typing Doug!! :2thumbsup:

Personally, I would BAN ALL Fireworks...Except for Council Run displays. Too many idiots get hold of these things, wonder how many Kids will be seriously burned this year!! No chance it'll be my kids, I won't even let them go to a display with their granparents tonight...Miserable Auld Cant that I am!! :curtain:

Organised displays for the kiddies, aye.

Arming neds with incendiaries and rockets from early October right through till Xmas is a bad, BAD idea.

Brilliant when you are a kid. Our bonfires in Forrester used to be huge.

Now they are just annoying.

Still good for the kids so I went for yes.

What a heap of pish.

Edinburgh must set off more fireworks than any where else....

Sounds like it to me anywhere where I am.

Lots going off at the moment. :hang:

Organised displays only for me.

Only for kids to get taken to tho.

Plenty emergency vehicles going along Gorgie Rd tonight .

Miller Jambo 60
Watching everyone elses tonight but mine will be set off (in celebration hopefully) on Saturday night.

:2thumbsup:

Fire engine just gone down the road, so much for credit crunch.

Plenty money going up in smoke. PFFT to guy fawkes.

Doctor FinnBarr
It's just a shame Guy and his mates failed.

He was an Italian loony (or from Italian stock), no better could be expected from him!

:smiley2:

I used to like the 5th November, cards and money...now it just means I'm a year older...and getting more like my dad...moaning about the noise and a pish fitbaw team. (He's a Ger!).

Never been to an organised fireworks do in my life, just another indicator of how soft and lacking in confidence/knowledge/imagination we've become.

Used to have cracking bonfires when I was a kid, always adults there but no need for St John's ambulance barely qualified volunteer nae mates get yourself seen jacket wearing types.

If we burnt a finger getting tatties out the fire we just got on with it.

Mind you, it was alll fields round here when I were a nipper.

Yep, I remember this being a family event, well as it's my birthday, grandparents would be there. Used to get soup handed round, fantastic evening usually.

The whole build up of building the fire only to see it burned the day before....for the cooncil to come along and rebuild it...:smiley2:

Snake Plissken

Meh.

Not been to one since I was a kid, just not bothered about it really.

An interesting piece of history though.

Watching everyone elses tonight but mine will be set off (in celebration hopefully) on Saturday night.

Are you incapable of setting them off on fireworks night instead of anytime in the autumn as is the attitude of scruffs just now. My dogs not come out from under the bed all night and I can deal with that. But it's the twonks that set them off for weeks that really rattle my cage. Fireworks night is tonight, not saturday night. A bit of considersation for those around you wouldn't go a miss.

Organised displays yes.

Doug.

Finsbury Park was like Afghanistan last night..... the Russians could have flown in carpet bombed the place and no one would have noticed.

blondejamtart

Well, following my earlier post, we had a very traumatic evening when our Lab went missing after being terrified by the fireworks. Myself and the kids were out searching for ages and couldn't find him - thankfully, he eventually turned up four hours later, cold, wet and shaking with fear but otherwise unhurt.

Well, following my earlier post, we had a very traumatic evening when our Lab went missing after being terrified by the fireworks. Myself and the kids were out searching for ages and couldn't find him - thankfully, he eventually turned up four hours later, cold, wet and shaking with fear but otherwise unhurt.

Good to hear you got him back in one piece. My dog was an absolute wreck last night.

The worst thing is there is still probably going to be fireworks on all weekend.

blondejamtart
Good to hear you got him back in one piece. My dog was an absolute wreck last night.

The worst thing is there is still probably going to be fireworks on all weekend.

Exactly - if it was confined to the one night, you could just about cope...

Doctor FinnBarr
Are you incapable of setting them off on fireworks night instead of anytime in the autumn as is the attitude of scruffs just now. My dogs not come out from under the bed all night and I can deal with that. But it's the twonks that set them off for weeks that really rattle my cage. Fireworks night is tonight, not saturday night. A bit of considersation for those around you wouldn't go a miss.

I have so much consideration for the low life I call neighbours I'm setting them off 180 miles south of them!

:th_o:

The People's Chimp

It's quality.

Although I was playing fives last night and didn't do anything, as a kid I loved it. Preferred it to halloween actually.

I'd hate for kids in the coming years not to have that.

Good to hear he's ok bjt. My Border Collie was always terrified of fireworks. She hadn't been keeping well lately so on tuesday night when there were some being let off outside, for the 1st time in 13 years she just didn't seem to care. I took her back to the vet yesterday as her condition had really deteriorated and had to get her put to sleep.

blondejamtart
Good to hear he's ok bjt. My Border Collie was always terrified of fireworks. She hadn't been keeping well lately so on tuesday night when there were some being let off outside, for the 1st time in 13 years she just didn't seem to care. I took her back to the vet yesterday as her condition had really deteriorated and had to get her put to sleep.

So sorry to hear that, Alan - it's always difficult getting a much-loved pet put to sleep. Whatever anyone may say, it's like losing a member of your family. At least at 13, she had a long and happy life with you, though.

Sexton Hardcastle

Sorry to hear.

We were playing a friendly through in Preston Pans last night. It was like playing in a Eastern European country with all the fire works going off around the park every few minutes.

I voted no after having fireworks flying at us at rugby training last night.

Some might say it serves me right for playing rugby, but I think it's totally out of order.

And the worst part is if I'd found the lad who did it and given him a smack I'd be the one in the Tam Kite.

Now a woman has been murdered by neds shoving a firework through her letterbox.

Surely it's time for a ban on public sale of fireworks? The Fire Service have been demanding this for years.

Miller Jambo 60
Now a woman has been murdered by neds shoving a firework through her letterbox.

Surely it's time for a ban on public sale of fireworks? The Fire Service have been demanding this for years.

Where was this mate, like i said should not be on sale to the public.

Clowns like this should be put down.

The Real Maroonblood
Yay or Nay?

What are we celebrating?

It is a load of bollocks anyway.

Miller Jambo 60
Exactly - if it was confined to the one night, you could just about cope...

Aye waiting for all the mups annoying me tonight.

Should be 1 night end off.

Hate this carry on, and yes im a killjoy.

Plenty folk with money to burn.

Doug.

Archived