In ear headphones

Chrambo

Whats the best to go for? Want new ones as my Seinnheiser (sp?) ones have just packed in completley, they were worth ?20 odd aswell, but they get pretty rough treatment from me. So looking for tough ones that have amazing sound for bass and are decently cheap.

google purebase they have awesome bose ones for about 40quid i have given them some abuse for a few months and they are going strong, very bassy too, great set

google purebase they have awesome bose ones for about 40quid i have given them some abuse for a few months and they are going strong, very bassy too, great set

Hi Andy,

Do you mean the ones from:

stereo-kopfhorer.com

I think this site is shut down now but sure they were purebase. I ordered some bose ones for ?40 from that site also and sounded quite good but after some research turned out they were fakes. I've just recieved a refund from paypal after opening a dispute with them.

Ta,

CB.

do any of you heidphone people know where one can procure some headband phones with a 6mm jack?

i looked before but none were to be found.

do any of you heidphone people know where one can procure some headband phones with a 6mm jack?

i looked before but none were to be found.

don't know what i was thinking about there. i meant 2.5mm jack.

Try an adapter ? Check out Maplin...

got a couple already but they're a bit unweildy on the phone. a bit heath robinson. for some reason you just can't get 2.5mm jack headphones. one of life's mysteries.

got a couple already but they're a bit unweildy on the phone. a bit heath robinson. for some reason you just can't get 2.5mm jack headphones. one of life's mysteries.

If you've got a soldering iron, then you could give it a blast yourself. Better though to check yellow pages/the web and find a local electrical repair shop, these guys will do a good soldering job for not much dosh.

I P Knightley

I've had 2 sets of the Bose Triport i.e. phones and found them very, very frustrating. They cost a bit but the sound is fantastic. However, there are two problems:

First, the ear bud things that come in three different sizes fall off quite easily and I've lost a couple of them (once on an outward journey for a 10 day trip, so really annoying!).

The other thing that happened to both was that the cable frayed at the junction with the jack plug. I wrap my phone cables around the iPod (and it's not too tight) and the wire covering would just split before the wires themselves started to get damaged.

I wouldn't touch Bose again while these two things aren't addressed.

I've now got Sennheisers (CX300II) and they're fine. Sound's not as great as Bose but the design is so much better.

cheers. it's mostly earplug style ones you get. it's more headband ones i was on about.

If you've got a soldering iron, then you could give it a blast yourself. Better though to check yellow pages/the web and find a local electrical repair shop, these guys will do a good soldering job for not much dosh.

cheers. soldering is not a problem. ferranti trained mechanical & electrical fitter moi... about 70 years ago. :)

don't know what i was thinking about there. i meant 2.5mm jack.

Skullcandy Hesh, Gi's etc all come with 6mm and 2.5mm jacks!! Got the Black Hesh ones a couple of months ago and they are very good sound wise and you can here sod all else from outside with them!!

I've had 2 sets of the Bose Triport i.e. phones and found them very, very frustrating. They cost a bit but the sound is fantastic. However, there are two problems:

First, the ear bud things that come in three different sizes fall off quite easily and I've lost a couple of them (once on an outward journey for a 10 day trip, so really annoying!).

The other thing that happened to both was that the cable frayed at the junction with the jack plug. I wrap my phone cables around the iPod (and it's not too tight) and the wire covering would just split before the wires themselves started to get damaged.

I wouldn't touch Bose again while these two things aren't addressed.

I've now got Sennheisers (CX300II) and they're fine. Sound's not as great as Bose but the design is so much better.

I've had a pair of Bose Triport IE for a couple of years now and haven't had any of the problems you've mentioned, mind you I don't wrap them round my MP3 player or my phone when they're not in my ears, I keep them in the lovely leather case supplied. The silicon sheaths are prone to popping off, but they are so comfortable to wear, you hardly even feel them in. I haven't lost one yet, but then, I'm careful!:movethatass:

The sound is awesome, rich, sonorous, with a good bass balance.

In the mid price range they're tops imo!

I P Knightley
I've had a pair of Bose Triport IE for a couple of years now and haven't had any of the problems you've mentioned, mind you I don't wrap them round my MP3 player or my phone when they're not in my ears, I keep them in the lovely leather case supplied. The silicon sheaths are prone to popping off, but they are so comfortable to wear, you hardly even feel them in. I haven't lost one yet, but then, I'm careful!:movethatass:

The sound is awesome, rich, sonorous, with a good bass balance.

In the mid price range they're tops imo!

Yeah, I wasn't consistent with the case - one more thing to carry around and since I only ever use the phones for my iPod, simpler to leave them in.

You're right about the silicone sheaths being comfy. So comfy, in fact, that one time when one had popped off, I spent ages looking for it on the floor of the tube station I was in only to realise it was still in my ear. I was sober.

cheers. it's mostly earplug style ones you get. it's more headband ones i was on about.

cheers. soldering is not a problem. ferranti trained mechanical & electrical fitter moi... about 70 years ago. :)

Gas Pipe soldering? :th_o:

The Mighty Thor
Yeah, I wasn't consistent with the case - one more thing to carry around and since I only ever use the phones for my iPod, simpler to leave them in.

You're right about the silicone sheaths being comfy. So comfy, in fact, that one time when one had popped off, I spent ages looking for it on the floor of the tube station I was in only to realise it was still in my ear. I was sober.

I've got the Triport IE's too. They're the business.

The reason i highlighted the bit there was i did the same at Heathrow coming home one night. I was on my hands and knees for about 15 minutes looking for it only to find it was still in my ear. Felt like a right tit.

• 3 weeks later...
I've got the Triport IE's too. They're the business.

The reason i highlighted the bit there was i did the same at Heathrow coming home one night. I was on my hands and knees for about 15 minutes looking for it only to find it was still in my ear. Felt like a right tit.

Thor would be the aforementioned tri ports, looking to get myself a pair but wasn't sure if these were the ones some of you were going on about.

bose_thumb.jpg

Archived