Well done Falkirk

JWL

Great news! This is the only right option. Nothing to do with point scoring against the mhanks it's just the right thing to do!

High five Falkirk,well done.If the Celtic fans shout out,fine them,as we;re going to have this arguement every year.

For not cowtowing to the mhanks and persevering with a minutes silence this weekend.

Well done to them:2thumbsup:

i suppose some of the mhanks will try to spoil it as usual though!

Let them. Thats Celtics problem, not the rest of the worlds. It would be nice for Britain to see them for what they are.

Personally I hope each and all observe it, however I have my doubts. If they do try to spoil it though it may well sound the death knell for any move south.

Well done Falkirk a minutes silence is the only way imo to show respect and reflect on the sacrafice made by these brave men and women in our forces. A minutes applause imo is used to celebrate a footballers or celebrities liftime achievements at a football stadium and is not approprate for our servicemen & women.

Well done Falkirk

Superb. The media will be starting their cover up for the fuds as we speak!

You can bet the jack plug to the mikes are pulled right at the start, and only plugged in again after.

portobellojambo1
For not cowtowing to the mhanks and persevering with a minutes silence this weekend.

Delighted if Falkirk have stuck to their guns, but truth is they shouldn't have had to even discuss it. No football club should have to take the considerations of the sh*t that follow Celtic Football Club into account when making decisions.

Chaka Demus & pliers
I actually think the minutes silence will be observed. And so it should be.

I hope you are right.

I think it's sad that the issue was up for debate in the first place.

agreed 100% mate, the fact we are even talking about that lot not wanting to have a minutes silence for our brave soldiers past and present, is a fecking disgrace.

Delighted if Falkirk have stuck to their guns, but truth is they shouldn't have had to even discuss it. No football club should have to take the considerations of the sh*t that follow Celtic Football Club into account when making decisions.

correct.

Personally I hope each and all observe it, however I have my doubts. If they do try to spoil it though it may well sound the death knell for any move south.

Ma thoughts exactly:2thumbsup:

If that shower of filth manage to keep their gobs shut for 1 minute i will be pleasantly surprised.

I have my doubts though.

I actually think the minutes silence will be observed. And so it should be.

And what colour is the sky in your world?

I reckon there will be some sort of edict sent round to the mhanks travelling support next Sunday, but in saying that at the mhanks shareholders meeting last week you had Reid, Lawwell, Mowbray et al sitting at the top table and not a poppy between them. Disgraceful, and not a comment from the media. This was not one individuals choice to not wear a poppy, this was the Celtic way.

As ****my as celtic fans are, They like to take the moral high ground on things and pretend to be TGFITW. I think they would rather spit on war veterans outside football grounds than show themselves up on the TV. However they do find pro IRA songs appropriate on front of the cameras so you never know. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Celtic have shown on numerous occasions that they're utter ****, and they will do again.

I will never forget the Mhanks booing a 9/11 minutes silence at Fir Park. Absolutely atrocious.

EDIT: I will pre-empt anyone that's about to bring up the Pope John Paul silence; Hearts were set-up that day.

[/b]

I reckon there will be some sort of edict sent round to the mhanks travelling support next Sunday, but in saying that at the mhanks shareholders meeting last week you had Reid, Lawwell, Mowbray et al sitting at the top table and not a poppy between them. Disgraceful, and not a comment from the media. This was not one individuals choice to not wear a poppy, this was the Celtic way.

Aye, and did Reid not used to be the defence secretary? disgrace!

Well done Falkirk a minutes silence is the only way imo to show respect and reflect on the sacrafice made by these brave men and women in our forces. A minutes applause imo is used to celebrate a footballers or celebrities liftime achievements at a football stadium and is not approprate for our servicemen & women.

Well done Falkirk

Sums it up for me. :thumb:

Well done Falkirk. I agree its not up for debate, a minutes silence for the brave men who served their country is the way to pay respect. This issue is a lot bigger and more important than glasgow celtic will ever be, for Reid etal not to wear poppies is a disgrace

[/b]

Aye, and did Reid not used to be the defence secretary? disgrace!

....and not for the first time the (vic)Tims are trying to rewrite history to suit their own agenda. Many thousands of Irish fought and died in the First World War, but they will happily "forget" that inconvienient fact, disrespecting the very people they claim to identify with.

It's the Celtic way.

Jambof3tornado

Wonder how fast the refs 60 count will be??

Never going to be a big issue with the media as they will cover up for the hoops so any other teams/fans hoping to point score over this are as daft as the celtic fans who will boo/turn their backs etc.

I would urge celtic fans to stay outside rather than disgrace the memories of the tens of thousands who have died and continue to die every week in the defence of our country.

As for Mr Reid,well he is just a pathetic wee man who means very little to me,and has shown himself up to be easily influenced by taking the decision not to wear a poppy.

You can bet the jack plug to the mikes are pulled right at the start, and only plugged in again after.

Jack plug on a mic...very amateur. The big boys use XLR connectors.

Reid is pure, undiluted $cum who knows every ditty in the ira songbook. The very fact he rose to high office in the UK is a scandal.

Francis Albert

Maybe we should wait until we see how the silence is observed (or possibly not) before getting on our high horse. I may be naive but I think the majority will be respectful, just as the vast majority of Hearts fans were for Pope John Paul at the semi final. Contrary to the media myth.

Absolutely ridiculous that this was even being debated, given there will be a silence at every other senior match in the UK next weekend. I hope the mhanks realise that.

Very small piece in the Sunday Mail confirming it too.

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/gordonwaddell/2009/10/spl-decision-is-pure-claptrap.html

NEW faces, same old wimps. Shame on the SPL for their Remembrance Sunday cop-out.

After Celtic asked Falkirk for a minute's applause instead of silence on November 8 the Bairns turned to league chiefs for guidance.

And their answer was "your home game, your problem".

It's not. It's Celtic's problem and shame on them too for not having the balls to take responsibility.

I'm not a big fan of the minute's applause anyway but you can almost understand it as a tribute to a club legend.

But for the millions of fallen from world wars? It's an outrage.

Falkirk managing director George Craig will make the right decision and tell his pea-hearted opposite number to take a hike I'm sure.

Let the IRA-loving "elements" of Celtic's support shame themselves.

To be honest I thought this was pure Hun mischief making when it first raised it head. Surely I thought, with Celtic harbouring thoughts of a move to the English league, any hint of such a move would be a massive vote loser with any possible supporters of the EPL2 + the OF !

Unbelievably though, they HAVE actually gone and OFFICIALLY asked for such a move.

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/gordonwaddell/2009/10/spl-decision-is-pure-claptrap.html

NEW faces, same old wimps. Shame on the SPL for their Remembrance Sunday cop-out.

After Celtic asked Falkirk for a minute's applause instead of silence on November 8 the Bairns turned to league chiefs for guidance.

And their answer was "your home game, your problem".

It's not. It's Celtic's problem and shame on them too for not having the balls to take responsibility.

I'm not a big fan of the minute's applause anyway but you can almost understand it as a tribute to a club legend.

But for the millions of fallen from world wars? It's an outrage.

Falkirk managing director George Craig will make the right decision and tell his pea-hearted opposite number to take a hike I'm sure.

Let the IRA-loving "elements" of Celtic's support shame themselves.

To be honest I thought this was pure Hun mischief making when it first raised it head. Surely I thought, with Celtic harbouring thoughts of a move to the English league, any hint of such a move would be a massive vote loser with any possible supporters of the EPL2 + the OF !

Unbelievably though, they HAVE actually gone and OFFICIALLY asked for such a move.

Never seen that in todays paper, just shows you though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Maybe we should wait until we see how the silence is observed (or possibly not) before getting on our high horse. I may be naive but I think the majority will be respectful, just as the vast majority of Hearts fans were for Pope John Paul at the semi final. Contrary to the media myth.

I actually think this too. To be honest, there are some people rabidly wanting Septic to spoil a minute's silence and will claim some faux sort of "outrage" at the disrespect to the fallen. Actually what they are really after is some sort of stick with which to beat them with.

I reckon the jungles will call their bluff.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Would disagree with it being a vast majority, a lot of people should their objection to being set up, being anti catholic, what has he got to do with Scottish Football etc etc by speaking,turning their backs, booing and singing etc

this debate is far more closer to home and as previously stated, a lot of things that the celtic football club stands for ( apart from the ira and the fenian banner )played a huge part in all wars that we are remembering.

FAO MODS.... I'm using the term Fenian in a manner which is not derogatory, only describing how some celtic fans like to be associated with.

Would disagree with it being a vast majority,

Where I was, half way up, directly behind the goals, it was the vast majority.

There were, what, 15,000 of us? If everyone else is silent, even 500 idiots can sound quite loud. I'd guess that fewer than 1,000 booed.

Similarly, the vast majority of Celtic fans will show respect this week-end. I predict that there will be less disruption than with the Pope, maybe even none.

A lot of these discussions have the futile tone of "we're like this, they're like that". The fact is that most teams' support is made up of a decent majority and a delinquent rump. It's just more fun to pretend otherwise, and get into the kind of tribal posturings that are normal, if unwelcome, in adolescence and a bit weird in grown men (women generally are above any of this).

Jack plug on a mic...very amateur. The big boys use XLR connectors.

Just showing my age!

This is not about point scoring! It's about respect to those who fought in all wars. It is the Celtic fans that have a thing about this, NOT the Irish people. Most of Southern Ireland couldn't care about Celtic and support EPL teams as that's what they see week in week out on Sky. Celtic fans will NOT observe the silence and I hope those that don't stay outside until it is over.It would be the proper thing to do! Can't understand why the board of Celtic have taken this on board and made a big thing of it. Surely they are above such petty feelings and repect should come from them no matter what the fans say. The Celtic board should take a stand and observe the min as a mark of respect to ALL those who have fallen over the years.

i find it sad that an ex Minister of Defence can't even wear a poppy at their AGM and is making a big thing of all this. (He will be remembered for that; also he's the same man who criticised a previous defence minister,Rifkind,for not reopening the Chinook crash inquiry while in opposition & refused to do the same when defence minister. K**B)

but i'm sure he will wear his poppy with pride and remembrance on saturday and sunday like all the rest of the sellick board.

:2thumbsup:

A lot of these discussions have the futile tone of "we're like this, they're like that". The fact is that most teams' support is made up of a decent majority and a delinquent rump. It's just more fun to pretend otherwise, and get into the kind of tribal posturings that are normal, if unwelcome, in adolescence and a bit weird in grown men (women generally are above any of this).

Spot on.

Francis Albert
Would disagree with it being a vast majority, a lot of people should their objection to being set up, being anti catholic, what has he got to do with Scottish Football etc etc by speaking,turning their backs, booing and singing etc

The only people around me who turned their backs were trying to see which small-minded idiots were booing.

Francis Albert
mod edit

And just who are the disgusting idiots?

Oh, and where would the prevailing winds have carried the radiation cloud?

And just who are the disgusting idiots?

Oh, and where would the prevailing winds have carried the radiation cloud?

1-The very people who choose not to remember those that died so that others and themselves can live in freedom.

2-Into the Atlantic Ocean

Francis Albert
1-The very people who choose not to remember those that died so that others and themselves can live in freedom.

2-Into the Atlantic Ocean

1. A rather simplistic view of why people died in WW1 and a number of wars since WW2. I assume given your great belief in remembering those who died for the right to live in freedom you celebrate the Easter Rising?

2. No, I'm afraid not.

Archived