Player Criticism

footieman

Why is it that certain players appear to be above criticism on this board? The same players get it in the neck week in and week out, but certain players who are either more anonymous or put in a worse shift seem to escape it!!! Strange

I think by and large, the fans who go to games every week are a good judge of a player. We can see what players are performing and who are not. The fans that don't go to games get their opinions from 2nd hand info, press reports, highlights and the televised games so they may not have as informed an opinion.

Why is it that certain players appear to be above criticism from the manager? The same players get it in the neck week in and week out, but certain players who are either more anonymous or put in a worse shift seem to escape it!!! Strange

Fixed that for you. No, don't thank me...

I think by and large, the fans who go to games every week are a good judge of a player. We can see what players are performing and who are not.

So those fans just not post on here?

The fans that don't go to games get their opinions from 2nd hand info, press reports, highlights and the televised games so they may not have as informed an opinion.

But those fans do, in the whole!!!

Fixed that for you. No, don't thank me...

I dont think the manager has critised any players, other than Nade maybe. Which is part of the problem.

Just out of interest Footieman, which players are you referring to?

I have just had another look at the team list and have seen various levels of criticism of all of those players on this board, with the exception of Craig Thomson.

There is criticism and there is CRITICISM though. Normally that would be the odd shout from the crowd ( which goes with the territory IMO ) and maybe a wee roasting here - pah, internet message boards eh :th_o:

As to the massed booing of MS ?..........well when you consider that football players are generally afforded iconic 'untouchable' status just by pulling on the club jersey ..........then I can only assume he's doing something wrong !

So those fans just not post on here?

But those fans do, in the whole!!!

I don't understand what you mean at all as neither of the above posts make any sense.

JKB is for all Hearts fans to post on from wherever they are. Let's face it though, what's the point in putting huge amounts of faith in opinions on the subject of individual player performances from people who were not even there to see them?

Archived