New football manager

HibsMan

Still in my first season. I have signed Smolarek and Viduka. Viduka is banging in the goals. Beat Lazio 2-1 twice in the Europa League qualifier. I have Basel, Cluj and somebody else in my group and have beaten both Basel and Cluj. Sitting 3rd in the league having won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2. Drew with Hibs 0-0 in the league. Got pumped out the wee cup 2.1 by Morton, but fielded a pretty weak team.

Does anybody find their game crashing quite a bit? I have installed the released patch. Not sure what it is.

Tynecastle Valhalla

second season is now well under way. I have sold goncalves for ?1.2 mil, meriem for ?1.3 mil, nivokas for ?725k and appiah for ?4.1 mil which has helped to reduce the wage bill.

bought vancetta for ?800k, mauricio for ?500k, savio for ?2.4 mil and signed linderoth, bruggink, koumas, beckford and silvestre on a free transfer.

i drew feyenoord in the champs league qualifier and got beat 3-0 at home and 4-0 away. to make matters worse they are quite mediocre on paper.

my first league game was away to celtic and although i gave them a good game maloney got a hat-trick and they won 4-2. smolarek hadn't scored in 4 friendlies and 3 competetive games which was a shock.

in the europa league i got sparta prague in the qualifier and beat them 4-0 away with smolarek bagging a hat-trick. i have since won the next two league games with smolarek getting two goals in each game - normality resumes. Gary Glen is also playing very well and keeping out Jermaine Beckford. Templeton is doing a good job as a right winger when savio is not fit and craig thompson is filling in nicely for injured yakubu and has already scored 2 direct free kicks.

my biggest mistake was selling appiah as he was my captain and had a bit of everything. i had to sell for the money offered as he had one year left on his contract and wouldn't renew. Neither Linderoth nor Bruggink compare and Vancetta is class but still only 17.

would be interested to hear how others are getting on.....

second season is now well under way. I have sold goncalves for ?1.2 mil, meriem for ?1.3 mil, nivokas for ?725k and appiah for ?4.1 mil which has helped to reduce the wage bill.

bought vancetta for ?800k, mauricio for ?500k, savio for ?2.4 mil and signed linderoth, bruggink, koumas, beckford and silvestre on a free transfer.

i drew feyenoord in the champs league qualifier and got beat 3-0 at home and 4-0 away. to make matters worse they are quite mediocre on paper.

my first league game was away to celtic and although i gave them a good game maloney got a hat-trick and they won 4-2. smolarek hadn't scored in 4 friendlies and 3 competetive games which was a shock.

in the europa league i got sparta prague in the qualifier and beat them 4-0 away with smolarek bagging a hat-trick. i have since won the next two league games with smolarek getting two goals in each game - normality resumes. Gary Glen is also playing very well and keeping out Jermaine Beckford. Templeton is doing a good job as a right winger when savio is not fit and craig thompson is filling in nicely for injured yakubu and has already scored 2 direct free kicks.

my biggest mistake was selling appiah as he was my captain and had a bit of everything. i had to sell for the money offered as he had one year left on his contract and wouldn't renew. Neither Linderoth nor Bruggink compare and Vancetta is class but still only 17.

would be interested to hear how others are getting on.....

I'm posting mine in the console bit.

Started mine up having got it today.

The initial lay out is a bit confusing but I am sure it will become second nature!

Have not spent much time on it due to COD modern warfare 2 arriving in the same package!

Archived