New football manager

HibsMan

The assistant advice is far better, it's alot more detailed in training etc. And the match viewer is far better, more detailed and less glitchy(so a player won't kick the ball out for a corner when there's nobody near him anymore) Far improved game.

Say What Again
The assistant advice is far better, it's alot more detailed in training etc.

Do you actually have to spend time in depth training? That's one of the things that's making me possibly give this one a miss - and it would be the first I've missed since way back to the Collyer brothers days.

Realistic it may be, but if you have to spend ages on training/tactics/player management etc, then all the fun is coming out of it.

Do you actually have to spend time in depth training? That's one of the things that's making me possibly give this one a miss - and it would be the first I've missed since way back to the Collyer brothers days.

Realistic it may be, but if you have to spend ages on training/tactics/player management etc, then all the fun is coming out of it.

Na, you can leave it default. I don't allways mess around with training anyway, can improve performance but you take a risk with injuries. The whole game is a dice roll over and over. Leave it as standard, may not be the best option but it will work fine.

Can someone please tell me where the data editor is? I have downloaded this through steam but can't find the editor? Help Please

Can someone please tell me where the data editor is? I have downloaded this through steam but can't find the editor? Help Please

I take it you have a steam account. It should be :

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\footballmanager2010\tools\dataeditor\dataeditor

Hope this helps. :smiley2:

I go into programs and football manager it says data editor then config i click it and loads of writing comes up???????????????

When i go into programs and steam all i can do is open it up.But in documents sports interactive is there and just as i said.

I don't have my copy yet because I orderd from amazon, so im using 09 filepath. Try asking on google?

was loving the new footie manager till my computer crashed. it wont turn on again and im gutted.

I don't have my copy yet because I orderd from amazon, so im using 09 filepath. Try asking on google?

Tried a that mate.Fecking nightmare cheers for your help.

Tried a that mate.Fecking nightmare cheers for your help.

Sorry man, if its different to 09 then I can't help till my copy comes. :43:

Available for ?24.99 at Sainsbury's gorgie.

Wish you hadn't mentioned that! I'm 2mins away and about to do some shopping for other things.....

Any bugs yet? :th_o:

Not sure my PC will be powerful enough to run this one. I have far too many songs on my Itunes so might just delete all that and open up space for the new one :)

jamboinglasgow

got it on steam, though it keeps updating every day.

As for the data editior, does anyone find when they set up a new league, the wizard sets it up, but you cant get into the detail, even when trying to double click the league.

Tynecastle Valhalla

takes a bit of getting used to as the layout is completely different.

However the basics are the same and it goes into more detail which is good.

currently lying second in the spl after signing skacel, kuffour, meriem, henri camera, wiltord, smolarek (amazing!), appiah, viera GK amongst others all on a free.

signed two good coaches as well as gary locke. tried to sign andy dorman but he moved to wolves for ?2.9 mil.....

sold elliot, macdonald, kingston, kello, ruben, zal for ?2.55 mil.

also got muniain from athletico to sign in jan. he should be class.

celtic are by far the best team. they signed sol cambell.

takes a bit of getting used to as the layout is completely different.

However the basics are the same and it goes into more detail which is good.

currently lying second in the spl after signing skacel, kuffour, meriem, henri camera, wiltord, smolarek (amazing!), appiah, viera GK amongst others all on a free.

signed two good coaches as well as gary locke. tried to sign andy dorman but he moved to wolves for ?2.9 mil.....

sold elliot, macdonald, kingston, kello, ruben, zal for ?2.55 mil.

also got muniain from athletico to sign in jan. he should be class.

What do you make of the new tactics? Any tips? I am doing garbage with Hearts but not sure how in depth I should be going with the tactics/individual player tactics as so used to the old format....

Popped it in my laptop this afternoon. Nothing is coming up on my screen to allow me to install it. The drive is making noises as if it's trying to do something but nothing.

Popped it in my PC just now. Still nothing. So tried a previous game. FM 2007 was installing no problem on my PC. Tried it on my laptop. Nothing.

Not sure what is going on. I have a feeling my disk drive on my laptop has a problem. But if it isn't working on my PC also the disk may be a bit dodgy.

Popped it in my laptop this afternoon. Nothing is coming up on my screen to allow me to install it. The drive is making noises as if it's trying to do something but nothing.

Popped it in my PC just now. Still nothing. So tried a previous game. FM 2007 was installing no problem on my PC. Tried it on my laptop. Nothing.

Not sure what is going on. I have a feeling my disk drive on my laptop has a problem. But if it isn't working on my PC also the disk may be a bit dodgy.

I had the same problem.Nowt wrong with it though.Go into my computer and right click the drive that the game is in.Then click explore.You should get a few things coming up you want to select installer launcher sports interactive.That should do the trick.

Inspector Rex

He went to St. Bribery in my game! :21: But Ra Sellick are still running away with it. Larry, Jonsson, Driver and believe it or not, Nade, are starring for me, but I'm 8th at the moment, started terribly because I couldn't figure out the bloody tactic creator! Probably would have been sacked had I lost the first derby, but we won and I've gone on from there. Starting 11 looks something like this:

----------Balogh----------

Jonsson-Zal-Bouzid-Wallace

----------Black------------

-----Stewart---Ruben-----

Larry----------------Driver

-----------Nade------------

I'm 2nd in the league just now, just pumped the Hibs 2-0 in the first derby. Rangers are romping it, Celtic are way down in 8th though! Falkirk and Killie are 3rd and 4th!! Hibs down in 7th.

Starting 11 usually looks like this:

Kello

Lauren

Bouzid

Goncalves

Wallace

Templeton

Kingston

Stewart

Driver

Dady

Henri Camara

Only signed 4 players, all on a free. Dady was valued at ?1.2 million but his Spanish team offered him to me for free for some reason. He wasn't even on my shortlist or anything. Snapped him up and he's joint top scorer with Stewart on 5 goals. I've got Skacel too as back up to Driver.

Haven't sold anyone for any considerable value. Suso is on loan at Falkirk and they'll hopfully buy him in Jan. Might try and shift Nade, Witteveen, Kucharski and Obua in the January window to raise some funds.

1st season came 4th and won the CIS cup - Gary Glen the hero from the bench with an injury time winner.

Played Balogh, sold Kello to Sevilla.

Signed a couple Ghana international defenders - right back and a centre half and Sol Campbell all on frees, Kucharski went to St Johnstone and Bouzid to St Mirren. Loaned Thompson to Hartlepool.

Signed the american attacking midfielder Hopkins on a free (came in at Christmas) and Hemdani for midfield.

Signed Smolarek for up front. Got rid of Nade, Witenveen and Mole. Signed Skacel for good measure as a back up.

All free transfers.

Smolarek scored 22 league goals and Elliot 20 - so not bad season for starters.

never spent a penny, but never brought much in.

I installed it without Steam. How do I get a shortcut as I have went into the Football Manger 2010 folder and made a shotcut but it just gave me a shortcut to the folder not the game.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Morning guys, how does this steam banter work? Can I just buy it online and download it?

Morning guys, how does this steam banter work? Can I just buy it online and download it?

Aye but you have to be online at all times to play it. So, say your internet goes down for an hour, you can't play it. That kinda chat.

Also, I'm addicted. How's this for realistic? I have 11 players out with injury, I'm 8th in the league having scored 8 goals all season and Zaliukas has been sent off twice.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Well I went ahead and bought it only to realise it doesn't work for a fecking Mac! facepalm.com

Well I went ahead and bought it only to realise it doesn't work for a fecking Mac! facepalm.com

You have a mac?

I must say my estimation of you as a person has just dropped. :43:

Tynecastle Valhalla
What do you make of the new tactics? Any tips? I am doing garbage with Hearts but not sure how in depth I should be going with the tactics/individual player tactics as so used to the old format....

i just use a basic 4-4-2 with smolarek as a poacher and both driver and meriem as wingers. seems to work fine.....

Aye but you have to be online at all times to play it. So, say your internet goes down for an hour, you can't play it. That kinda chat.

Also, I'm addicted. How's this for realistic? I have 11 players out with injury, I'm 8th in the league having scored 8 goals all season and Zaliukas has been sent off twice.

You can still play steam games when the internet is down. Go to Settings to ensure the "Do not store account information on this computer" option is not selected. Once you have done this, if steam can't connect to the internet, you can go into offline mode and play any local Steam games.

Guest juvehearts

i dont like it.

too complaicated for me.

i just want to pick a team & play football. every signing needs a press conferance, you get advice from your backroom staff, and IF SOMETHINGS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT

but the editor is so much better imo.

i dont like it.

too complaicated for me.

i just want to pick a team & play football. every signing needs a press conferance, you get advice from your backroom staff, and IF SOMETHINGS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT

but the editor is so much better imo.

Where's the fun in that? The whole point is that it takes time to build and perfect your team, so when you win. You feel good about it.

I love scouting players, just spending time looking through obscure nations and having a look at the players and the under-21 teams of the bigger countries for young players who will fit into a first team in the SPL.

The whole fun comes from not clicking what your assistant says because he isn't right all the time. Take risks and hope they pay off.

Press conferences can make or break morale, giving you the edge in a game by psyching up players.

Guest juvehearts
Where's the fun in that? The whole point is that it takes time to build and perfect your team, so when you win. You feel good about it.

I love scouting players, just spending time looking through obscure nations and having a look at the players and the under-21 teams of the bigger countries for young players who will fit into a first team in the SPL.

The whole fun comes from not clicking what your assistant says because he isn't right all the time. Take risks and hope they pay off.

Press conferences can make or break morale, giving you the edge in a game by psyching up players.

pish its a ****ing game, youre not achieving anything apart from self pride now in doing so.

im a 12 yr vetern of the managment sim. i enjoy scouting for players, finding that wonderkid or 3, indvidualy traning them up, e.c.t but at the end of the day its a game & its too complicated for that just to be a game.

remember youre talking to a guy who has spent 95 days + soley playing football manager 2008 :hat2::smiley2:.

maybe i dont like change, nothing wrong with 08 :2thumbsup:

Just like Madden games tried to get too realistic I think the same is happening to Football Manager. I don't really have the time, or care enough, to spend as long as you need on a game in the newer versions. There is so many repetitive aspects, that cannot be enjoyable for real life managers, that they have put in the game that just **** me off.

Bought both Football Manager 05' and 07' for a ?1 each from second hand shops and they are doing me just fine.

Don't get me wrong, I very rarely control the under-19 side in a game after a season or so. I can get right into it, just don't seem to find it boring.

If it bothers you that much, just go on holiday and return before the next game. :2thumbsup:

Guest juvehearts
Don't get me wrong, I very rarely control the under-19 side in a game after a season or so. I can get right into it, just don't seem to find it boring.

If it bothers you that much, just go on holiday and return before the next game. :2thumbsup:

i didnt say it was boring, as FJ said, its too much indepth.

i dont care if my assistant manager or backroom staff likes the look of a player that wouldnt get into a east fife team, they dont know what type of player im looking for BECAUSE ITS A ****ING COMPUTER INTERACTING WITH ME.

how is that realistic?

my game, my tactics, my rule's.

hey so far so good, went away to love st with MY team & won 3-1. perfect.

i didnt say it was boring, as FJ said, its too much indepth.

i dont care if my assistant manager or backroom staff likes the look of a player that wouldnt get into a east fife team, they dont know what type of player im looking for BECAUSE ITS A ****ING COMPUTER INTERACTING WITH ME.

how is that realistic?

my game, my tactics, my rule's.

hey so far so good, went away to love st with MY team & won 3-1. perfect.

back%20to%20the%20future.jpg

There isn't a Love St in this game :10900:

I'm thinking of getting it, sounds like it could be a lot of hard work though, I get board of games easely if there too much **** you got too control...

I usually play champ man, never actually played any of the football manager games yet, so though of a wee change.

What do people prefer, champ man or football manager?

Guest juvehearts
I'm thinking of getting it, sounds like it could be a lot of hard work though, I get board of games easely if there too much **** you got too control...

I usually play champ man, never actually played any of the football manager games yet, so though of a wee change.

What do people prefer, champ man or football manager?

CM died a long time ago, IMHO fm10 is too detailed, there is a lot more attention to detail on a day to day basis to keep you busy & a lot more that can catch you out ext.

me, personally, i like to keep my tactics the same all season, have a 11 i can pick all season & bleed yoof thru when i can.

with 10 you have press conferance's, assistant & backroom staff annoyin you, scouts comming to you recomending utter ****e to you from league 1 ect.

great data editor, just a shame you kannae 'take out' the extras in the game that hamper you from doing a season in 1 weekend/ 12 hrs of total game play lol

CM died a long time ago, IMHO fm10 is too detailed, there is a lot more attention to detail on a day to day basis to keep you busy & a lot more that can catch you out ext.

me, personally, i like to keep my tactics the same all season, have a 11 i can pick all season & bleed yoof thru when i can.

with 10 you have press conferance's, assistant & backroom staff annoyin you, scouts comming to you recomending utter ****e to you from league 1 ect.

great data editor, just a shame you kannae 'take out' the extras in the game that hamper you from doing a season in 1 weekend/ 12 hrs of total game play lol

Haven't got the new one yet, the last one was the only one i've not enjoyed, i think there should be an arcade mode or something for people who cant be bothered messing about with the team every single match.

Saying that i will still get the new one as i've heard its supposed to be easier. Although apparently you do get some ridiculous transfers...

Oh yes it does. :10900:

EDIT just read the rest of thread and realised you were talking about Steam. Don't know about that.

Tynecastle Valhalla

just finished my first season and came second with 71 points. celtic were top with 90 points and rangers third with 59 points. in the end it was a breeze coming second which was helped by beating rangers 3 times.

celtic signed beckham and campbell who were both ridiculously good.

i was pumped out of europe and the scottish cup very early but got to the league cup semi and was beaten by celtic.

the main reason for the success was one man - Ebi Smolarek who i signed for free at the start of the season for ?6k per week. He scored 37 league goals in 33 games. the guy is an absolute genuis. i set his role to poacher and he won me so many games.

my tactic from the start was to sell players so i raised about ?3 mil and put it all into the wage budget. this allowed me to sign about 12 players for free and it worked really well. my strongest team was:

Viera

Yakubu Bouzid McGowan Wallace

Meriem Appiah Jonsson Driver

Smolarek Glen

my fringe players were Henri Camera, Wiltord, Kuffour, Shilla, Goncalves, Jung jr, Munian, Suso, Skacel, Templeton and Novikas.

I used 4-4-2 with wingers.

just started the second season and have been given ?900k to spend but am already over-budget on wages so I have sold Camera, Shilla and given nade and balogh a free transfer.

Incidentally michael stewart was rubbish for me so i sold him for ?675k. all season the board have been telling me it was such a huge mistake so i looked at him and he is at southampton, worth ?1.8mil and a regular for scotland!

looking forward to the second season....

Anyone else get the message from the assistant informing you that Michael Stewart was NOT good enough to be captain? Had a wee chuckle when that one came up.

Guest juvehearts

sorry boys,

i gave up, the best thing about fm10 is the data editor.

its pish

im away back to 08

viva la vida lol

Inspector Rex
just finished my first season and came second with 71 points. celtic were top with 90 points and rangers third with 59 points. in the end it was a breeze coming second which was helped by beating rangers 3 times.

celtic signed beckham and campbell who were both ridiculously good.

i was pumped out of europe and the scottish cup very early but got to the league cup semi and was beaten by celtic.

the main reason for the success was one man - Ebi Smolarek who i signed for free at the start of the season for ?6k per week. He scored 37 league goals in 33 games. the guy is an absolute genuis. i set his role to poacher and he won me so many games.

my tactic from the start was to sell players so i raised about ?3 mil and put it all into the wage budget. this allowed me to sign about 12 players for free and it worked really well. my strongest team was:

Viera

Yakubu Bouzid McGowan Wallace

Meriem Appiah Jonsson Driver

Smolarek Glen

my fringe players were Henri Camera, Wiltord, Kuffour, Shilla, Goncalves, Jung jr, Munian, Suso, Skacel, Templeton and Novikas.

I used 4-4-2 with wingers.

just started the second season and have been given ?900k to spend but am already over-budget on wages so I have sold Camera, Shilla and given nade and balogh a free transfer.

Incidentally michael stewart was rubbish for me so i sold him for ?675k. all season the board have been telling me it was such a huge mistake so i looked at him and he is at southampton, worth ?1.8mil and a regular for scotland!

looking forward to the second season....

So did I in the first season, but I was proud of the fact we held Fenerbahce to a 0-0 at Tynie. Proceeded to get beaten 5-0 away. :43: Signed Iwelumo on a free at the beginning of the second season, top scorer in the SPL so far! :2thumbsup:

Archived