Office Christmas Party

redm

So there I was desperately trying to come up with some ideas for our Christmas shindig and having absolutely no luck when I remembered that you Shedders are pretty useful when it comes to such things.

Around 10 people, all different ages (youngest 31, oldest 63), would happily go to a nice restaurant and leave it at that but without some other focus they're all guaranteed to end up talking shop so entertainment is probably essential.

I don't think they'd cope well (either would I) with one of those awful Christmas disco things in a crap hotel but any other suggestions would be gratefully received....

:smiley2:

Go to a nice restaurant.

Everyone stick ?20 in the pot. Give everyone a Bingo card with stock phrases from your line of work and as soon as someone they're talking to says it they can mark it off. Have people shift seats for each course so they have to mingle. First card completed gets the loot.

Plus points

a) everyone has to talk to lots of other people

B) ?20 (or however much it needs to be competitive) should be incentive to not talk shop

Minus point

a) you don't get to see the boss doing his thang on the dance floor

So there I was desperately trying to come up with some ideas for our Christmas shindig and having absolutely no luck when I remembered that you Shedders are pretty useful when it comes to such things.

Around 10 people, all different ages (youngest 31, oldest 63), would happily go to a nice restaurant and leave it at that but without some other focus they're all guaranteed to end up talking shop so entertainment is probably essential.

I don't think they'd cope well (either would I) with one of those awful Christmas disco things in a crap hotel but any other suggestions would be gratefully received....

:smiley2:

take them up to yon indoor virtual-golf place at tollcross, 'the clubhouse'.

meal somewhere then off to that. you can bash the baw away with gay abandon while getting slowly/quickly pants-on-the-head ratfaced.

meal somewhere then off to that. you can bash the baw away with gay abandon while getting slowly/quickly pants-on-the-head ratfaced.

You know what people say about those who actively encourage ratfacing, don't you?

:eek:

last year we all took it in turns to write minute's of our xmas lunch out (as i got a notepad in my xmas cracker).

They get funnier the more people have to drink and obviously everything is taken totally out of context and innuendo abounds. But we found it did help stop the talking shop stuff a bit as we made a fuss of minuting everyone we caught talking about work.

last year we all took it in turns to write minute's of our xmas lunch out (as i got a notepad in my xmas cracker).

They get funnier the more people have to drink and obviously everything is taken totally out of context and innuendo abounds. But we found it did help stop the talking shop stuff a bit as we made a fuss of minuting everyone we caught talking about work.

We played a game a couple of times at our christmas night out where you had to suggest which actor would play people in the Hollywood film of our workplace. Best to start this game once every one is half blootered, anteresting mixture of compliments and sly digs. Also kind of helps break the ice for when the snogging starts.

Don't play Chinese whispers whatever you do. At one of ours once a guy later claimed he didn't know what it meant (he wasn't even that old either) having whispered to Sheila the secretary "Sheila plays the hairy banjo"! She was not amused.

Ah, the good old Scottish vernacular. I had to read that three times before I stopped misconstruing what it meant! :stuart:

Ahhh, my dad and his friends did that. Almost a pint a hole. :laugh: By the end half of them couldn't face the curry. :2thumbsup:

The Number 10

A game we've played at work dinners is 2 truths and 3 lies, everyone has to write down 2 truths and 3 lies about themselves and take it in turns to read them out to table and everyone has to guess which is which, you find out all sorts of stuff esp if the vino is flowing!

Archived