Hip Hop - Old or New?

Moriarty

The term relates more to a time period thing but I see what you mean re their style. Old-skool usually refers to 1980's in hiphop terms.

They do have an old-skool sort of ethos about them where skills, style and creativity are what it's all about. Not too many mentions of ho's or guns or any of that sort of nonsense. Just great rhymes, scratches and beats.

Fair dos. Usually i'd challenge you to some sort of duel over such a wildly important matter of semantics, but my duelling pistols are in the shop. Unless you'd like to reschedule, i say we just drop it....

Fair dos. Usually i'd challenge you to some sort of duel over such a wildly important matter of semantics, but my duelling pistols are in the shop. Unless you'd like to reschedule, i say we just drop it....

I say you just tell me more about the hiphop tunes you're into. It's practically my favourite subject!! :smiley2:

Cosa, have you updated any of those songs you put up a wee while ago?

No new stuff up yet buddy but i'll get there.

Trying to cope with a new job at the moment. Hard to find time and energy to make tunes. I will though. :smiley2:

j5, obviously.

rahzel

roots

blackalicious

gangstarr

roots manuva

kalib twelli

looking through my collection i've lost alot of records over the years

this_is_my_story
I always understood it to be a style rather than being from a specific time. Kinda like The Darkness being 'classic rock' despite never having opened for Thin Lizzy back in the day.

I have to say, I thought that was superbly put. The last sentence, especially, made me chuckle. :2thumbsup:

I have to say, I thought that was superbly put. The last sentence, especially, made me chuckle. :2thumbsup:

I think its the mental image of all that spandex.

j5, obviously.

rahzel

roots

blackalicious

gangstarr

roots manuva

kalib twelli

looking through my collection i've lost alot of records over the years

Absolutely love Gangstarr. DJ Premier's production was amazing back in the day.

Blackalicious are quality too, and Rootss/Rahzel.

Really like the 1st Roots Manuva LP, that track Movements is the one I alwats play.

Never really got into Talib, any particular LP I should check out?

Archived