Well done Michael Stewart

Greenbank2

boabyarsebiscuit
One of your all-time favs is a guy who made half a dozen sub appearences and was a pretty poor CF.

Thats just weird.

I don't have to justify who I like to you or anybody else. Football can be fun. Sometimes people forget that.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't have to justify who I like to you or anybody else. Football can be fun. Sometimes people forget that.

Have you ever disliked a Hearts player ?

Well done Stewart. I've always rated him and feel for him when he gets jeered by his own support. A lot of the guys around me where I sit give him a lot of stick when he plays well all game then makes ONE mistake so I feel that everytime he makes a good pass I have to give him praise.

Did well last night and deserve the praise. The right man to lead the men in maroon. Hope he continues to do well. Well in captain.

boabyarsebiscuit

Yes. But I didn't orchestrate an online hate campaign against them.

Michael Stewart needed to 'man-up'.

He was acting like a spoilt brat - he was acting like a guy who thought he was better than everyone else when really he wasn't.

Don't expect me to support a man who doesn't take responsibilty for his own actions.

I think personally that he showed last night he doesnt have to man up too much, he certainly showed he has a pair by taking that pen and putting it away, this thread is praise towards michaels efforts last night, he certainly made it a great night at parkhead for me. Can we not just lay off the guy for a bit after last night, he showed what he is capable of and deserves credit where it is due

Drylaw Hearts
Yes. But I didn't orchestrate an online hate campaign against them.

So you've never had a go at anyone professionally connected with Hearts online ?

Drylaw Hearts
I think personally that he showed last night he doesnt have to man up too much, he certainly showed he has a pair by taking that pen and putting it away, this thread is praise towards michaels efforts last night, he certainly made it a great night at parkhead for me. Can we not just lay off the guy for a bit after last night, he showed what he is capable of and deserves credit where it is due

I've given him credit for last night.

Not for his overall performence though - which was ok - but more for the encouragment he offered to his teammates.

Mikey son, I hear you log onto JKB. If so, you deserve to see this thread. Leadership is a lonely place, especially when things ain't working out. But when they do, you should sit back and have a smile to yourself. So go, on kick back and have a cold one. There will still be whingers, but there will not be too many times you captain a winning side in a cup at Parkhead and score the winning goal. So, for today, job well done. Keep it up and who knows what may happen.

Totally agree.

Well done Mike after last weekend's flak.

But,..............ffs will you please go and practice your penalty kick taking.

You've definiately got the temprament for it, but you/we are on borrowed time unless it improves.

It shouldn't be that difficult to plant it in at least one of the corners,.......of the net that is ! :smiley2:

Guest JamboRobbo

Credit for having the balls to take the responsibility of the penalty, but not for the execution he got lucky. And credit for not getting booked during the match.

Charlie-Brown

I've always found it odd that the actual Hearts fans in the team seem to take proportionately more stick on the whole from Hearts fans than some of the other players who are fans of some of our rivals or those just passing through tynie and/or badge kissers .... good or bad performances which they all had the likes of Davie Bowman, Gary Mackay, Jimmy Sandison, Gary Locke, Grant Murray, Mikey Stewart, Ian Black, Jason Thomson etc at least you know they care about the club.

I'll hold my hands up as the main protagonist in all this. Well done Mikey. Why you cant do that every week though is an issue you have to deal with.

He played his usual game, he was always looking to make the pass that counts. He had a bit help in midfield though.

Drylaw Hearts
I've always found it odd that the actual Hearts fans in the team seem to take proportionately more stick on the whole from Hearts fans than some of the other players who are fans of some of our rivals or those just passing through tynie and/or badge kissers .... good or bad performances which they all had the likes of Davie Bowman, Gary Mackay, Jimmy Sandison, Gary Locke, Grant Murray, Mikey Stewart, Ian Black, Jason Thomson etc at least you know they care about the club.

Kevin Twaddle was/is a Hearts fan - he was rank and the fans quite rightly told him so.

Just like we did with Petric etc etc.

Sorry but last night changes nothing. Stewart is still pesh and should be moved on at the first opportunity..........end off.

And if it is true the he reads this then Michael. Stop blaming everyone else for you stupid mistakes.

He played his usual game, he was always looking to make the pass that counts. He had a bit help in midfield though.

bing-muthachuckin-o

Charlie-Brown
Kevin Twaddle was/is a Hearts fan - he was rank and the fans quite rightly told him so.

Just like we did with Petric etc etc.

Kevin Twaddle like Paul Smith also a Jambo only made a couple / very few appearances whilst the others i mentioned were / are all regulars or at least frequently in matchday squads - they just seem to get more stick & less sympathy or less liked than many other players for some reason.

Your obviously one of those "so called" supporters who has never played the game at any level if you can't recognise the contribution Stewart makes in most games. It was even mentioned by none other than john Robertson on the radio that some fans haven't a clue what a good performance looks like because they really don't have a clue about the game.

So the next time you complain about a meal, you're talking dross because you've never been a Chef!

Or if you reckon a film is rubbish, you're talking dross because you've never been an actor!

So the next time you complain about a meal, you're talking dross because you've never been a Chef!

Or if you reckon a film is rubbish, you're talking dross because you've never been an actor!

Yes, and how many reporters have played the game? Chick Dung?

You don't have to have played football to know what you like about a player/team Those that say otherwise are wrong!

I don't care what the boo boys say, Mikey is a trier & never hides even when he's having a mare.

There are plenty of passengers in our team who don't fight for the cause, Mikey isn't one of them.

Well done wee man.

Agreed - showed his experiece when backs were against the wall. Worked hard and positional sense was good. Kept a cool head in tight situations and picked out some simple but intelligent passes.

Keep it up Michael.

can't see this elsewhere, but I too would like to say well done to Stewart for his mega-subtle middle finger to the boo-boys in the following BBC interview (video toward the bottom of the page).

copy and paste link (stupid restriction);

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8331102.stm

18 seconds in.

can't see this elsewhere, but I too would like to say well done to Stewart for his mega-subtle middle finger to the boo-boys in the following BBC interview (video toward the bottom of the page).

copy and paste;

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8331102.stm

Yep - that will win over the fans!

Much like many of his tackles - RASH!

HelloSunshine

Well done Mikey Stewart. Although I didn't think he had a great game, he showed leadership and stood up to be counted last night. I thought he was a bit off the pace early on - probably related to the injury which threatened to keep him out of the game.

Her deserves credit after the flack he has taken recently, and as the OP says it's rare to captain a winning Hearts team at Parkhead and score the winning goal, enjoy the moment.:10900:

The pocket rocket
i am extremely pleased for michael stewart tonight. His confidence must have taken a battering after saturday, but to come back with a performance like he gave was great to see. that pen could have done more damage for him had he missed and he showed that he had a pair by stepping up and putting it away.

Michael, step forward and take a bow son, you deserve all the credit you are given after that

If he can perform with the same level of commitment and ability in most matches then not many ppl would have a problem with him.

You played well mikey ,well done ,keep it up

Remember a 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock in January 2008?

Hearts, under Frail/Korabotchka were on a shocking run at the time, but for some reason, everyone got behind the team that day and we forced a draw after putting Killie under pressure for the entire second half.

That day, among many others showed how powerful a full backing can be to the players.

I would love it if people could refrain from actively booing Hearts players during matches.

Stewart's passing was excellent last night, three in particular were outstanding.

That's the thing you've got to try these kind of 'hollywood passes' to open up the opposition. They don't always work but someone has to step up and TRY them or else you're just moving sideways or backwards.

The much maligned Nade and Obua also hit a couple of peaches last night which was encouraging to see.

Yes, his penalty just crept in but as others have said it took balls of steel to step up and take it. Can you imagine what it would have been like for him after Saturday if he had missed and Celtic went on to win the game?

How did you feel when this guy blamed you when he made a bad pass ?

How did you feel when he couldn't control his temper leaving you a man down on several occassions ?

Did you think it was ok ?

When he was manager, I'm not sure if JJ ever stopped giving players stick from the sidelines. I remember one game when he was absolutely merciless towards Lee Makel all match long. What did you think - or was that somehow different?

Incidentally, the irony of people angered by Stewart abusing his teammates responding by abusing him to an even worse degree hasn't been lost on me.

Michael Stewart is right up there with my all-time favourites Dennis McQuade and Colin McAdam.

Part of the magic of being a football fan for me, is not always loving the good players and hating those players not rated by the majority.

Yep, same here. It's why I was a big fan of Andy Hughes at Norwich; and Robbie Neilson and the admittedly rather more talented Robert Tomaschek at Hearts.

Hearts, under Frail/Korabotchka were on a shocking run at the time, but for some reason, everyone got behind the team that day and we forced a draw after putting Killie under pressure for the entire second half.

That day, among many others showed how powerful a full backing can be to the players.

I would love it if people could refrain from actively booing Hearts players during matches.

Remember a 2-1 win against Hibs in May 2000? (You may not, as I think you said in your book you got ridiculously drunk afterwards!). Brilliant, positive atmosphere throughout - and instead of fans slagging players who gave the ball away, it was "unlucky mate: good idea". No question in my mind, it does make a difference: trouble is, the symbiosis between fans and team is always unpredictable, and can't be manufactured in some happy-clappy way.

I can understand fans who boo players who aren't giving their all: albeit, never would myself. I can't understand fans who have to pick an Aunt Sally figure to abuse and treat as a scapegoat.

Was that the game our very own Pete Docherty came on as a sub for his first and last game in ages and totally changed things??

Miller Jambo 60

I was never too keen on Kenny Black, too 1 footed for me.

Did that make him a bad player.

Yes.

Doug.

Michael Stewart deserves a lot of credit. He shouldn't have been playing on Saturday if he wasn't training during the week so in a way he deserved stick for his performance. But last night he played a very assured game with a cool head and seemed to be finding his men with passes. And hhe had the confidence to step up and score the penalty (doesn't matter if it was fortunate). If he can play like that regularly, there shouldn't be a question of him being made captain.

Great Hearts support last night. Really got behind the team.

Saturday's abuse of Michael Stewart has resulted in a lot of bad press for Hearts fans and justifiably so. We can be the best supporters in the land and also the worst.

I didn't think Stewart did very much last night although I suppose he's had worse games. I thought Black was our best player in the first half and was amazed that he was subbed at half time.

When he was manager, I'm not sure if JJ ever stopped giving players stick from the sidelines. I remember one game when he was absolutely merciless towards Lee Makel all match long. What did you think - or was that somehow different?

Incidentally, the irony of people angered by Stewart abusing his teammates responding by abusing him to an even worse degree hasn't been lost on me.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the irony of Stewart being angered by people abusing him after him abusing his teammates hasn't been lost on me either! :curtain:

Midfield Dynamo

how lucky did he get with the keeper diving over the ball.

It was a thing of great beauty.

How Lucky........get a grip.

Congratulations Michael.

The supporters are behind you.

100% Agree. Well played Mikey.

Thats the real point. I'll bet come the end of the season Stewart has more assists than anyone else bar Craig Thompson. But you can't always make the right choice or the right pass and this is a large part of the stick he gets.

Mikey son, I hear you log onto JKB. If so, you deserve to see this thread. Leadership is a lonely place, especially when things ain't working out. But when they do, you should sit back and have a smile to yourself. So go, on kick back and have a cold one. There will still be whingers, but there will not be too many times you captain a winning side in a cup at Parkhead and score the winning goal. So, for today, job well done. Keep it up and who knows what may happen.

What an absolute load of pish.

One weak ass, lucky penalty and we've to forgive 18 months of ineptitude?

He's keech. Has been for the vast majority of his time at Tynie (both times). Creates nothing, controls nothing and stands pointing around at others when he should be taking a grip of a game.

I'll tell you another thing - where does he get of telling folk who booed him that they know nothing about football? Why such a supremist attitude? He thinks he's a player - he's far from it.

He wouldn't have made ballboy at the club a few years ago.

Archived