Well done Michael Stewart

Greenbank2

Mikey son, I hear you log onto JKB. If so, you deserve to see this thread. Leadership is a lonely place, especially when things ain't working out. But when they do, you should sit back and have a smile to yourself. So go, on kick back and have a cold one. There will still be whingers, but there will not be too many times you captain a winning side in a cup at Parkhead and score the winning goal. So, for today, job well done. Keep it up and who knows what may happen.

i am extremely pleased for michael stewart tonight. His confidence must have taken a battering after saturday, but to come back with a performance like he gave was great to see. that pen could have done more damage for him had he missed and he showed that he had a pair by stepping up and putting it away.

Michael, step forward and take a bow son, you deserve all the credit you are given after that

Well played Michael.

Showed real character tonight, he is the man to lead Hearts on the pitch.

Thought he had a very good game and got lucky with the pen but deserve's alot of credit.

Hope that he will continue to prove all the doubters wrong in the coming weeks and that he gets a good reception at Tynie.

The Old Tolbooth

Although one swallow doesn't make a summer, I feel it's only fair that I give credit where it's due for MS tonight, especially after the slatings I've gave him recently. I thought he had a really good game for Hearts and showed what he can do, he just needs to start doing it on a more regular basis.

Well done Mikey!

Hi folks - don't wanna **** on your parade

didn't see first half [ work commitments ] but Stewart 2nd half was PISH

Penalty okay he scored but ****e penalty - ran bout park like a crazy Robbie Savage - not making a tackle - disagreeing with ref [ hand in air etc ] stopped concentrating ??? [ spelling problem when pished ] lots of selfish passes dropping few team mates in ****e as they no time to give decent out ball - but Stewart cleared his self - he would be imo first arse to be kicked out of tynie - but come on still good result tonight - jose what a ****ing 5 star performance :2thumbsup:

this_is_my_story

I really feel for the guy at times.

If there's one thing he's never guilty of, it's a lack of effort for the jersey. If indeed he does visit this forum, rise above the pish and keep yer heid up Mikey.

well done mikey but i have to also say in the first half another die hard jambo ian black was awesome i wasnt at the game sadly but my first reaction was wat is csaba thinkn !!!also well dun to balogh thomson jose bouzid wallace driver jonson black nade palazuelos stewart .. witteveen dun ok !! but wen will csaba learn obua is not a player and never will be regardless to that well dun evry1 else !! hopefully thos will turn our season and we stuff the wee team and b4 tht motherwell !!!

oh ah grantona
Congratulations Michael.

The supporters are behind you.

im not still ganting will be glad to see back of him expensive passanger he can get on same bus as kingston

winston churchill

i must have been watching a different game.

total gash first half.

sellik ran the midfield and had us on toast 2nd half.

and take him off penalties.how lucky did he get with the keeper diving over the ball.

boabyarsebiscuit
i must have been watching a different game.

total gash first half.

sellik ran the midfield and had us on toast 2nd half.

and take him off penalties.how lucky did he get with the keeper diving over the ball.

As soon as Zaliuska made the decision to dive there was no way he was getting a ball struck so closely to him. He could only have saved it with his legs. If Michael Stewart hits it less central, there's a good chance of a save if the keeper guesses the right way (as Zaliuska did). A lot of players these days keep their penalties central, Rodallega a few weeks ago for example. I bet there weren't any Wigan fans on their version of JKB whining about that pish penalty after they beat Chelsea, mind you.

Guest jambomickey
i am extremely pleased for michael stewart tonight. His confidence must have taken a battering after saturday, but to come back with a performance like he gave was great to see. that pen could have done more damage for him had he missed and he showed that he had a pair by stepping up and putting it away.

Michael, step forward and take a bow son, you deserve all the credit you are given after that

spot on mate.:smiley2:

some fans really dont get it i missed first half but yeah stil stweart was gash?

you wernt even watching full game were as others where at the game tonight and seen stweart at his best leading the team and spurring them on

always a jambo

Well Done Mikey.

It took a lot of guts for him to take that penalty after the stick he got on Saturday and the boy did good.

Thought he and all the others played well last night.

I don't care what the boo boys say, Mikey is a trier & never hides even when he's having a mare.

There are plenty of passengers in our team who don't fight for the cause, Mikey isn't one of them.

Well done wee man.

Guest JamboRobbo
As soon as Zaliuska made the decision to dive there was no way he was getting a ball struck so closely to him. He could only have saved it with his legs. If Michael Stewart hits it less central, there's a good chance of a save if the keeper guesses the right way (as Zaliuska did). A lot of players these days keep their penalties central, Rodallega a few weeks ago for example. I bet there weren't any Wigan fans on their version of JKB whining about that pish penalty after they beat Chelsea, mind you.

Boaby. Are you Mikey Stewart? :10900:

I don't care what the boo boys say, Mikey is a trier & never hides even when he's having a mare.

There are plenty of passengers in our team who don't fight for the cause, Mikey isn't one of them.

Well done wee man.

I agree. There are others in the team who could learn from him. Obua for example.

More like well done to the Celtic goalkeeper for making a total rollox of it!

These posts were inevitable. MS totally duffs a penalty and gets lucky - I am delighted that the ball went in but lets not get carried away.

I thought MS put in his usual performance - plenty of running about, plenty of flapping without actually tackling, plenty of pointing at players, plenty complants to the Referee BUT no real contribution.

For the real hero of the team step up Jose Goncalves.

I am a critic of Michael Stewart and not his greatest fan. However credit due Where credit's due. Michael you responded in the correct manner to your critics last night, myself included. Keep it up.

John

More like well done to the Celtic goalkeeper for making a total rollox of it!

These posts were inevitable. MS totally duffs a penalty and gets lucky - I am delighted that the ball went in but lets not get carried away.

I thought MS put in his usual performance - plenty of running about, plenty of flapping without actually tackling, plenty of pointing at players, plenty complants to the Referee BUT no real contribution.

For the real hero of the team step up Jose Goncalves.

Some people are so blinkered it's scary!!

MIchael Stewart set up most of our counter attacks with intelligent passing and a cool head. He got stuck in and marshalled the shape of the midfield very well. I don't think this thread is much to do with the penalty, but even still it took gonads of diamond to take it and it went in, ergo, good pen.

People will always see what they want to see and I've seen perfectly intelligent men, even with otherwise excellent knowledge of football, become totally blinkered over certain players or issues, but Mikey Stewart is a good player and we're better with him that without imo.

I think something that helped both him and Pala (his best game this season for me) was a more solid look to the team. I don't so much mean 5 in midfield, but having a left mid and a right mid with no changing about. I liked that formation in theory, but i think solidity really helps and I'd stick with a more rigid 442, 4411, or 451.

MIchael Stewart set up most of our counter attacks with intelligent passing and a cool head. He got stuck in and marshalled the shape of the midfield very well. I don't think this thread is much to do with the penalty, but even still it took gonads of diamond to take it and it went in, ergo, good pen.

People will always see what they want to see and I've seen perfectly intelligent men, even with otherwise excellent knowledge of football, become totally blinkered over certain players or issues, but Mikey Stewart is a good player and we're better with him that without imo.

I think something that helped both him and Pala (his best game this season for me) was a more solid look to the team. I don't so much mean 5 in midfield, but having a left mid and a right mid with no changing about. I liked that formation in theory, but i think solidity really helps and I'd stick with a more rigid 442, 4411, or 451.

After reading your comments, I totally agree with your opening statement!

After reading your comments, I totally agree with your opening statement!

Your obviously one of those "so called" supporters who has never played the game at any level if you can't recognise the contribution Stewart makes in most games. It was even mentioned by none other than john Robertson on the radio that some fans haven't a clue what a good performance looks like because they really don't have a clue about the game.

Your obviously one of those "so called" supporters who has never played the game at any level if you can't recognise the contribution Stewart makes in most games. It was even mentioned by none other than john Robertson on the radio that some fans haven't a clue what a good performance looks like because they really don't have a clue about the game.

That's the thing mate. I'm no Alex Ferguson (my blood vessels are in tact!), but it really annoys me at games and even in the pub when you hear people spouting on about a game which they know so little about.

Being a good, professional footballer is about so much more than what you do when the ball is near you. Both Mikey and David Obua have great discipline to this side of their game and are a manager's dream at Hearts' level.

Thing is though, you can't expect a stadium, pub or forum full of people who know their apples. And even then, you'll get differences of opinion amongst footballing lumineries over certain players, tactics etc. But people constantly babbling uninformed, unintelligent pish is just annoying.

Drylaw Hearts
Boaby. Are you Mikey Stewart? :10900:

It's just a bit of healthy 'Man Love' apparantly.

If that how boabyarse feels about Stewart god knows what he must have felt about really good Hearts players.

MS is crap and whilst he had IMHO a good 20min in the first half, he then did his usual pointing and waving his arms whilst oponents ran passed him. Too often he was way of his man and had to dive in to make a half tackle! Can't understand the love in for such a mediocre player. If I was in the team I would resent him pointing and telling me what to do, whilst he wandered around doing very little. I await the "he put in a hard shift" ect, but if that's what you call hard I must have had the easiest job in the world! As for the penalty! how anyone can call that a good penalty I don't know. Yes it went in and I am glad but come on it was poorly struck and just made it under the keeper in no more. We rode our luck lastnight and a win is a win is awin but there needs a big improvement aspecially form Abuoa who once again did the square root of feck all!

That's the thing mate. I'm no Alex Ferguson (my blood vessels are in tact!), but it really annoys me at games and even in the pub when you hear people spouting on about a game which they know so little about.

Being a good, professional footballer is about so much more than what you do when the ball is near you. Both Mikey and David Obua have great discipline to this side of their game and are a manager's dream at Hearts' level.

Thing is though, you can't expect a stadium, pub or forum full of people who know their apples. And even then, you'll get differences of opinion amongst footballing lumineries over certain players, tactics etc. But people constantly babbling uninformed, unintelligent pish is just annoying.

MS is crap and whilst he had IMHO a good 20min in the first half, he then did his usual pointing and waving his arms whilst oponents ran passed him. Too often he was way of his man and had to dive in to make a half tackle! Can't understand the love in for such a mediocre player. If I was in the team I would resent him pointing and telling me what to do, whilst he wandered around doing very little. I await the "he put in a hard shift" ect, but if that's what you call hard I must have had the easiest job in the world! As for the penalty! how anyone can call that a good penalty I don't know. Yes it went in and I am glad but come on it was poorly struck and just made it under the keeper in no more. We rode our luck lastnight and a win is a win is awin but there needs a big improvement aspecially form Abuoa who once again did the square root of feck all!

Read, in order.

Tell me Jambojim, where did you aquire your vast knowledge of the game. I assume you've traweled the academies of Europe and South America, finely tuning your grasp and understanding of our wonderful game? Not to mention a stint in Uganda learning local etymology.

Well said.Is it too much to ask for that people will now get off his back and support the team.Yeah,probably!!

Drylaw Hearts
Well said.Is it too much to ask for that people will now get off his back and support the team.Yeah,probably!!

Was it too much to ask for Stewart to take responsibility for his own mistakes and not blame others ?

Read, in order.

Tell me Jambojim, where did you aquire your vast knowledge of the game. I assume you've traweled the academies of Europe and South America, finely tuning your grasp and understanding of our wonderful game? Not to mention a stint in Uganda learning local etymology.

It has been said before football is all about opinions. Yours, I feel are crap, but I don't come on here making fun if them. Either take the message board as it's meant to be or ignore what I post, the choice is yours! As for my vast knowledge, I am not the only one who sees MS for what he is. You and the other MS lovers are few and far between.

Was it too much to ask for Stewart to take responsibility for his own mistakes and not blame others ?

When I played football, we had a guy who never got off your back. Always at you. Encouragement when it was needed but a helluva lot of stick as well if you didn't do your job. He wasn't our best player - he made plenty mistakes himself, but I'll tell you we'd never have been the team we were without him constantly reminding people they were in a football match. He never let us stop. He wasn't a great footballer, but he was a winner.

Michael Stewart wants to win. Always.

It has been said before football is all about opinions. Yours, I feel are crap, but I don't come on here making fun if them. Either take the message board as it's meant to be or ignore what I post, the choice is yours! As for my vast knowledge, I am not the only one who sees MS for what he is. You and the other MS lovers are few and far between.

Ok, Im sorry, low blow. Can you atleast spell our players names correctly though?

Drylaw Hearts
When I played football, we had a guy who never got off your back. Always at you. Encouragement when it was needed but a helluva lot of stick as well if you didn't do your job. He wasn't our best player - he made plenty mistakes himself, but I'll tell you we'd never have been the team we were without him constantly reminding people they were in a football match. He never let us stop. He wasn't a great footballer, but he was a winner.

Michael Stewart wants to win. Always.

How did you feel when this guy blamed you when he made a bad pass ?

How did you feel when he couldn't control his temper leaving you a man down on several occassions ?

Did you think it was ok ?

Ok, Im sorry, low blow. Can you atleast spell our players names correctly though?

Oh right so now it's my typos that upset your victorian sensiblities? You come on here spouting off because you THINK you know better than anyone else, and when your told ( politely) to GTF you resort to petty remarks about spelling.

Your opinion is no more vald than mine, remember that, and this board would be so much nicer. You do not have a devine right to crtisise other posters for their opinions or spelling and MS is still crap!

How did you feel when this guy blamed you when he made a bad pass ? 1

How did you feel when he couldn't control his temper leaving you a man down on several occassions ? 2

Did you think it was ok ?

Both happened on occasion as that's what does happen with this type. Think Roy Keane.

1) I felt I knew who was to blame when the pass was wrong and it made me sure i'd do my own job right or i'd know it'd be doled out tenfold if it was really my fault.

2) I felt that was part of his game and he always tried to keep it under control

I am actually talking about the real guy that I know here. I don't know how Hearts players feel about Mikey but i do think they whole, him blaming others for his mistakes thing, is a bit of a myth, or it's certainly an exaggeration.

Drylaw Hearts
Both happened on occasion as that's what does happen with this type. Think Roy Keane.

1) I felt I knew who was to blame when the pass was wrong and it made me sure i'd do my own job right or i'd know it'd be doled out tenfold if it was really my fault.

2) I felt that was part of his game and he always tried to keep it under control

I am actually talking about the real guy that I know here. I don't know how Hearts players feel about Mikey but i do think they whole, him blaming others for his mistakes thing, is a bit of a myth, or it's certainly an exaggeration.

Are you kidding ?

He must have done this at least 3 times on Saturday which is why he got so much stick imo.

Funny how you post this earlier and then post this

You see MS how you want to see him and others do the same. Why then do you insist on puting down other posters, who have every right to an opinion as you?

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't know how Hearts players feel about Mikey but i do think they whole, him blaming others for his mistakes thing, is a bit of a myth, or it's certainly an exaggeration.

I can only think you haven't been watching Hearts for the past year and a half if you honestly believe that.

Mikey son, I hear you log onto JKB. If so, you deserve to see this thread. Leadership is a lonely place, especially when things ain't working out. But when they do, you should sit back and have a smile to yourself. So go, on kick back and have a cold one. There will still be whingers, but there will not be too many times you captain a winning side in a cup at Parkhead and score the winning goal. So, for today, job well done. Keep it up and who knows what may happen.

I heard that too. Aparently his username is Greenbark3 - or something like that. I think he started the 'Nade's not fat' thread.

Are you kidding ?

He must have done this at least 3 times on Saturday which is why he got so much stick imo.

It's not for us to decide whether and when it's correct for him to have a go at players. It's up to Mikey, Csaba and the rest of the squad. If they had a big problem with it, it'd be raised, believe me.

If i was Mikey Stewart I'd be going mental at my team-mates a lot too. It's not a bad thing. If they get all coy about getting some stick, they need to man the **** up

Guest JamboRobbo
If i was Mikey Stewart I'd be going mental at my team-mates a lot too. It's not a bad thing.

Would you be going mental at them for mistakes YOU make?

Having a go at folks for their mistakes is one thing. Having a go at others for Mikey Stewarts mistakes is Mikey Stewarts problem.

boabyarsebiscuit
It's just a bit of healthy 'Man Love' apparantly.

If that how boabyarse feels about Stewart god knows what he must have felt about really good Hearts players.

Michael Stewart is right up there with my all-time favourites Dennis McQuade and Colin McAdam.

Part of the magic of being a football fan for me, is not always loving the good players and hating those players not rated by the majority.

Drylaw Hearts
Michael Stewart is right up there with my all-time favourites Dennis McQuade and Colin McAdam.

Part of the magic of being a football fan for me, is not always loving the good players and hating those players not rated by the majority.

One of your all-time favs is a guy who made half a dozen sub appearences and was a pretty poor CF.

Thats just weird.

Drylaw Hearts
It's not for us to decide whether and when it's correct for him to have a go at players. It's up to Mikey, Csaba and the rest of the squad. If they had a big problem with it, it'd be raised, believe me.

If i was Mikey Stewart I'd be going mental at my team-mates a lot too. It's not a bad thing. If they get all coy about getting some stick, they need to man the **** up

Michael Stewart needed to 'man-up'.

He was acting like a spoilt brat - he was acting like a guy who thought he was better than everyone else when really he wasn't.

Don't expect me to support a man who doesn't take responsibilty for his own actions.

Archived