Competitions - what have you won?

Fat Striker

Just been filling out a few competition entries, clinging to the hope that I may win something decent.

What's the most elaborate prize you have ever won or indeed the most useless?

Are all these prize draws a waste of time or have some of you been lucky in the past?

Won a ?20 high street voucher last week in Morrisons @ the Gyle on a scratchcard whilst trying out a new hot chocolate drink:smiley2:

Carl Fredrickson

Hmmm won a few wee things in my time but nowt substantial....

A Hearts board game from an old fanzine about 15 years ago

A Kent Monopoly board game from BBC Radio Kent

A nights free stay in a Swallow hotel - via my bank

Tickets for a Fringe show from STV

Pirates of The Caribean box set of DVDs from my works magazine

Numeous CDs from radio stations

Oh and I have won a Nigerian lottery - or so I am told by numerous emails.

Say What Again

I won a digital radio, John Griegs book (which I think was signed), and something else which I can't remember from Radio Scotland's weekday football programme. I was announced as the winer and contacted by email.

Weeks later I'd received nothing. I contacted them and was sent out the digital radio (which is pretty good and has the BBC logo and SPL logo on it). Never received the signed book or the other prize which escapes my memory.

****s

Say What Again
Never received the signed book or the other prize which escapes my memory.

****s

Which reminds me. Not me, but a mate, was the 'face in the crowd' a good few years back in the Hearts programme. As he stayed in Haymarket he popped into Tynecastle to collect his crate of Strongbow only to be told to come back another time. Then told that again. Then told that a third time.

He gave going back in for it 3 attempts and left them his phone number. Never heard from them.

He was a Hobo anyway :10900:

Got into competitions while off work, and after reading about two guys who each one three motorbikes, as they were the only two who entered the competition, and the prizes had to be awarded. Don't take it too seriously (only when I can be bothered !) and don't spend much, just dabble, but with some luck.

Two tickets to the premier of Batman

Two tickets for Blondie at Edinburgh Castle last year.

Trip for two to Italia 90 (raffle, courtesy of Lochend Utd!)

Countless books, CD's, jewlery, DVD's, etc.

Got to be in it to win it :thumb:

Got best answer on Fighting Talk then an email a week later saying the mugs had stopped.... Was really gutted.

My neice won hospitality to Murryfeild to Hearts v Braga

Then flew out with the team to Porto,hotel for the night,game and straight back to airport afterwards and she took me with her.:10900::10900:

A chance to play at Easter Road with Coca Cola about 4 years ago - I was put into the draw as a joke! Needless to see I never went! :sick2:

I P Knightley
I once won a Plasma telly from a football messageboard, but I won't go into what happened.

Not a story I think I've heard - I think I can guess, though, that perhaps you never got to enjoy the plasma telly???

Much to the envy of just about everyone associated with my kids' school, I won a signed England football shirt in a raffle.

When collecting it, I was asked to say a word or two and so I thanked them profusely for such a lovely clothes hanger and for their consideration in providing a cloth with which to keep it clean.

Carl Fredrickson

And another one... I bought charity raffle tickets in 1988 and won a signed football from the glasgow team that was celebrating its centenary that year. ****. The ball got a knife in it and binned.

chester copperpot
I once won a Plasma telly from a football messageboard, but I won't go into what happened.

I won second prize in above raffle, and won 2 hospitality tickets for Hearts V Hibs.

Incidentally, I got those no problem. :10900:

Thanks Diggers.

A gold medal in the 50m 3-legged race for male/female entrants (with a partner obviously) at the Applecross Highland Games. Apparently broke the record as well which is pretty impressive as I was half cut and had injured my foot in a particularly dirty challenge on someone in the 5 a sides earlier.

When I was six, I entered the 'Design a Cover for the Stenhouse School Nativity Play, 1979 Competition'.

...and I won.

I won a book written by someone from Saughton Mains on talk107... It sits proudly under the shoogly leg of my coffee table. :10900:

Won a pair of tickets for the festival fireworks in the seated area through the Hearts website.

Signed match ball from the half time draw.

I won a morse code machine in a competition in a magazine (Victor or Commando or such like) when I was 7ish.

Great feeling at that age!

Trip to Spain to be driven around the Ascari race track in a Maseratti GTS by Michael Schumacher

Bacardi comp and well looked after. Michelin star restaurants etc

camsanozziejambo2

G,Day

I was the 5,555 person through the turnstyles before the Kangaroos v Carton game at the Telstra Dome a few years ago, a nice looking blonde came up and said I won first prize , a super box for 12 people free drink and food 12.00 till 6.30 pm.

We ALL made the most of it, Kangas got beaten but we had a great day out.

Next best was won the stableford club event at the local golf course and got free drinks from every member for a month in a privelege cup

HOO ROO

Archived