Obama declares swine flu a national emergency.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

WASHINGTON, Oct 24 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama has signed a proclamation declaring 2009 H1N1 swine flu a national emergency, the White House said on Saturday.

This will include possibly a mandatory vaccine for all Americans that will include the vaccines that have not been tested yet. Throw of the dice for these people on what kind of vaccine they get.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN2413853120091024?rpc=401

Well in 1976 in America the swine flu hysteria was in full flow.

Thing was far more died from the vaccinations than the actual flu.

Hopefully this isn't history repeating itself.

This will include possibly a mandatory vaccine for all Americans that will include the vaccines that have not been tested yet. Throw of the dice for these people on what kind of vaccine they get.

What's your source for this item of nonsense? Or does your use of the word "possibly" mean you've just dreamt it up?

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

WASHINGTON, Oct 24 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama has signed a proclamation declaring 2009 H1N1 swine flu a national emergency, the White House said on Saturday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN2413853120091024?rpc=401

As Ulysses noted, the first bit is the Reuters report. The next bit is your paranoid tosh. Again.

Well in 1976 in America the swine flu hysteria was in full flow.

Thing was far more died from the vaccinations than the actual flu.

Hopefully this isn't history repeating itself.

Of course it's not history repeating itself. In 1976, a bunch of senior officials panicked when 1 guy died from swine flu, as a result of which a nationwide vaccination programme was started that was completely unnecessary.

In 2009, the situation is markedly different. In the week from 11 to 17 October alone, 11 children died from H1N1 in the United States. Since the strain was first identified, over 1,000 Americans (including over 100 children) have died. And the 2009-2010 flu season is just getting under way.

Declaring H1N1 a national emergency means that healthcare practitioners can bypass bureaucratic federal requirements (especially in areas like Medicare and Medicaid) to ensure that a surge in caseloads can be dealt with.

It's a sensible move in the circumstances.

Of course it's not history repeating itself. In 1976, a bunch of senior officials panicked when 1 guy died from swine flu, as a result of which a nationwide vaccination programme was started that was completely unnecessary.

In 2009, the situation is markedly different. In the week from 11 to 17 October alone, 11 children died from H1N1 in the United States. Since the strain was first identified, over 1,000 Americans (including over 100 children) have died. And the 2009-2010 flu season is just getting under way.

Declaring H1N1 a national emergency means that healthcare practitioners can bypass bureaucratic federal requirements (especially in areas like Medicare and Medicaid) to ensure that a surge in caseloads can be dealt with.

It's a sensible move in the circumstances.

The 1976 comparison can be made in the testing of this vaccine

it has been a rushed job. It was a disaster back then and it could easily

be the case this time around.

It contains as it says on the insert thimerosal methyl mercury

a poisonous heavy metal you would need to be crazy not

to think twice before taking this.

The 1976 comparison can be made in the testing of this vaccine

it has been a rushed job. It was a disaster back then and it could easily

be the case this time around.

It contains as it says on the insert thimerosal methyl mercury

a poisonous heavy metal you would need to be crazy not

to think twice before taking this.

are you trying to write a Haiku?

Felix Lighter
What's your source for this item of nonsense? Or does your use of the word "possibly" mean you've just dreamt it up?

Possibly the reason ML says 'possibly' is because although Obama says it's not mandatory he'll possibly do the exact opposite of what he says he'll do and make it mandatory.

Obama is a bare faced liar.

alwaysthereinspirit

Here in Mass our learn-ed leaders have declared that prisoners will receive their vaccine before our school kids and prison staff. Is it just me.

Possibly the reason ML says 'possibly' is because although Obama says it's not mandatory he'll possibly do the exact opposite of what he says he'll do and make it mandatory.

Obama is a bare faced liar.

More conspiracy theory drivel from ML, then.

But I'm sure you wouldn't be so crazy as to believe that. :thumb:

Felix Lighter
More conspiracy theory drivel from ML, then.

But I'm sure you wouldn't be so crazy as to believe that. :thumb:

I have to admit I do like MLs posts,as bonkers as some of the stuff is,it's entertaining.

What isn't a conspiracy theory though is the fact BO is a liar.But I'm sure you wouldn't be so crazy as to believe everything he says.

As for the vaccine,well go ahead and fill your boots,join the queue and take your pointless jab if it makes you feel better.I'd sooner trust my immune system than have all the sundry crap thats included in the jab to protect me from a virus thats less harmful than the seasonal flu.

But I'm sure you wouldn't be so crazy as to believe everything he says.

He's a politician. No-one in their right mind believes everything a politican says.

As for the vaccine,well go ahead and fill your boots,join the queue and take your pointless jab if it makes you feel better.

Cool. I thought for a moment you were buying into that conspiracy theory nonsense about mandatory vaccinations.

A former colleague of mine at work is on life support at the moment because of H1N1 related complications. I expect to hear sometime soon that his family have made the decision none of us ever want to face. I wouldn't go calling the H1N1 vaccination "pointless" to them.

Felix Lighter
He's a politician. No-one in their right mind believes everything a politican says.

Cool. I thought for a moment you were buying into that conspiracy theory nonsense about mandatory vaccinations.

A former colleague of mine at work is on life support at the moment because of H1N1 related complications. I expect to hear sometime soon that his family have made the decision none of us ever want to face. I wouldn't go calling the H1N1 vaccination "pointless" to them.

Sincerley, I hope your friend recovers.

But when you say H1N1 related complications,does that mean the virus has taken advantage of a more serious underlying condition?

I ask because most H1N1 related fatalities are in high risk groups,those whose immune systems can't cope.

I think I will probably give the swine flu jab a miss. I took the normal flu shot here (in the USA) about a month back and I felt rank for a couple of weeks - I've had it a few times in the UK, and never had much in the way of side effects, bar maybe a day or two of slight ropeyness.

Will wait and see on this one, I think...

Sincerley, I hope your friend recovers.

But when you say H1N1 related complications,does that mean the virus has taken advantage of a more serious underlying condition?

I ask because most H1N1 related fatalities are in high risk groups,those whose immune systems can't cope.

In fairness, I wouldn't want to play up the fact that I know someone who is seriously ill as a result of H1N1. He worked with me, and I know him professionally, but he isn't a relative or close friend. I do hope he recovers, but TBH he is in a critical condition.

As far as I am aware, he had no diagnosed condition before falling ill, but that doesn't mean he didn't have an undiagnosed problem.

That leads to my fundamental point. Someone who I would not have thought of as a H1N1 "high risk" is now critically ill. He and his family would not consider the vaccine to be pointless.

For my part I'll do a bit of reading and take some advice from my GP, as I always do in matters like this.

Kalamazoo Jambo
This will include possibly a mandatory vaccine for all Americans that will include the vaccines that have not been tested yet.

The use of the word 'possibly' doesn't stop your post from being utter nonsense.

Treating the situation as a national emergency is a perfectly sensible way of cutting through the red tape.

Felix Lighter
In fairness, I wouldn't want to play up the fact that I know someone who is seriously ill as a result of H1N1. He worked with me, and I know him professionally, but he isn't a relative or close friend. I do hope he recovers, but TBH he is in a critical condition.

As far as I am aware, he had no diagnosed condition before falling ill, but that doesn't mean he didn't have an undiagnosed problem.

That leads to my fundamental point. Someone who I would not have thought of as a H1N1 "high risk" is now critically ill. He and his family would not consider the vaccine to be pointless.

For my part I'll do a bit of reading and take some advice from my GP, as I always do in matters like this.

I think that's what everyone needs to do.

I've read quite a bit about it and the fact that pharmaceuticals have made billions in the last 8 or 9 months for peddling a vaccine that hasn't been properly tested makes me think ML isn't far off the mark on this one.

I'll have three questions for my GP.

Will you be taking it?

Will you insist/encourage your family to take it?

What's in it?

Love the OP.

Mandatory vaccination? How exactly will they do that then? Stop people on the street and ask them to prove they've had a jab? Genius.

I've never had a flu jab in my puff and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Think it's fairly safe to say that I'm not overly worried about getting the swine even if one of the kids I coach has had it this week.

Stop talking nonsense about things you don't understand or want to understand.

Pillock (I love that word!)

Mandatory vaccination? How exactly will they do that then? Stop people on the street and ask them to prove they've had a jab? Genius.

Presumably just stabbing people on the street with a vaccine-filled syringe would be a lot quicker...

Don't think ML is far of the mark here. If a national emergency has been

declared then yes the option of mandatory vaccinations are very much on the table.

But whether they go through with that or not I don't know, it probably wouldn't work as

to many people would flat out refuse.

And yes indeed it is a throw of the dice to take this.

I P Knightley

Namby pamby wuss!

I'm gonna ask the great medical forum that is JKB for a diagnosis and recommended course of action and follow that advice 100%.

Because they're good JAMBOS.

Commander Harris
are you trying to write a Haiku?

Hearts glorious Hearts.

Down at Tynecastle they bide,

The boys in maroon.

Don't think ML is far of the mark here. If a national emergency has been

declared then yes the option of mandatory vaccinations are very much on the table.

Have you lost your reason? How in the name of Jaysus are the Americans supposed to forcibly inject 300 million people if those 300 million people don't consent to it? :hat2:

Go away and cop yourself on, for crying out loud. :mw_rolleyes:

Have you lost your reason? How in the name of Jaysus are the Americans supposed to forcibly inject 300 million people if those 300 million people don't consent to it? :hat2:

Surely they could just arm the CIA with dart guns ? :peepwall:

How on the name of Jaysus could the american population

be tricked in to the Iraq war.

How on earth could they possibly consent to being ruled

by offshore banks and their country being sold down the river?

....... Oh wait its happening :43:

Surely they could just arm the CIA with dart guns ? :peepwall:

Could you imagine? 90% of the population with no vaccination, the other 10% dead of overdoses, along with most of America's dogs, cats, cows and other assorted species.

:hat2:

Archived