Blackberry Help

Sooperstar

Woke up this morning and my Blackberry is playing funny buggers. If I put it on with the sim card in it then it doesn't respond when I push any button. Unless I put it on charge, then it just says that the screen is locked when I push anything and doesn't respond to me pushing the unlock button.

If I put it on with no sim card then it'll let me scroll around the icons on my home page but again does nothing when I push any buttons.

HELP!

Chaka Demus & pliers
Woke up this morning and my Blackberry is playing funny buggers. If I put it on with the sim card in it then it doesn't respond when I push any button. Unless I put it on charge, then it just says that the screen is locked when I push anything and doesn't respond to me pushing the unlock button.

If I put it on with no sim card then it'll let me scroll around the icons on my home page but again does nothing when I push any buttons.

HELP!

You probably broke it last night when you were pished but forgot all about it

Sooperstar, I put mine on charge about an hour ago and now the unblock button is playing up. Have to really push to get a response....weird!

Wasn't there something in the news yesterday about a Blackberry Virus when the clocks went back ?

Wasn't there something in the news yesterday about a Blackberry Virus when the clocks went back ?

I did suspect it might be to do with the clocks going back but a few friends have Blackberry's and theirs are fine.

I did suspect it might be to do with the clocks going back but a few friends have Blackberry's and theirs are fine.

Gone Fishing:10900:

Mine is fine, try a battery pull, it fixes a lot of problems. Actually remove and replace the battery, don't just switch it off.

Try http://crackberry.com/ for any Blackberry based problems, it's a great site for the discerning Blackberry user.

There's a thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/all-buttons-not-working-my-curve-8900-a-345828/ about the problem (if you have a 8900 curve)

Mine is fine, try a battery pull, it fixes a lot of problems. Actually remove and replace the battery, don't just switch it off.

Try http://crackberry.com/ for any Blackberry based problems, it's a great site for the discerning Blackberry user.

There's a thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/all-buttons-not-working-my-curve-8900-a-345828/ about the problem (if you have a 8900 curve)

Tried several battery pulls, no luck. I had a look at that thread earlier. I'm going to have to do a software reset thing or something.

You may be able to tell that I don't know what that is and I don't know how to do it so it'll have to wait til tomorrow. Total pain.

Tried several battery pulls, no luck. I had a look at that thread earlier. I'm going to have to do a software reset thing or something.

You may be able to tell that I don't know what that is and I don't know how to do it so it'll have to wait til tomorrow. Total pain.

Sorry Soops, that's all I have for you.

I feel your pain, losing my Blackberry was like losing a leg. I fell in a canal with mine in my pocket a few months ago, totally killed it, had to BUY a new one, ouch!

Don't get them wet, they hate the wet and unlike some mobiles do not dry out and get well again!

Sorry Soops, that's all I have for you.

I feel your pain, losing my Blackberry was like losing a leg. I fell in a canal with mine in my pocket a few months ago, totally killed it, had to BUY a new one, ouch!

Don't get them wet, they hate the wet and unlike some mobiles do not dry out and get well again!

Elaborate.

Elaborate.

I'm not to be trusted any where near large open bodies of water.

I was on a canal barge, jumped off onto the towpath to moor up for lunch, stepped onto the barge to grab a rope and missed the edge of the canal as I adjusted my trailing foot. Not quite the classic one foot on the barge one foot on the path scenario, but pretty close.

I actually really hurt my chest as I smacked it off a large stone block on the side of the towpath. I then couldn't get out, there was nothing for my feet to get purchase on, I was just hanging there, clinging onto this stone, in pain and rather wet. There was the added immediate danger that the barge might drift back to the side and crush me, scary moment and not as funny as you'd think.

My colleague had to drive the barge away and turn it around, moor further up, then two of my workmates jumped off and literally dragged me out of the canal to safety. It took a good few minutes.

Wet and humiliated and my Blackberry was goosed. Not my best day.

Less than two months later I managed to capsize a canoe in a lake in Sydney, it was freezing and very scary. I had to swim to the side, towing the canoe and drag it half full of water up an overgrown banking to tip it out. I had my nine year old with me in the canoe, we'd be going for 25 minutes away from civilisation (the guys who hired the canoe) and were completely alone. That was very scary, it's just as well he's a strong swimmer.

Basically, I'm never going near an open body of water again, as long as I live!

Archived