Lest We Forget Wristbands.

benny

jambojackbilly

I was fortunate enough to get one about a month back

Then got a few for friends and family

First time Ive ever wore a band, fair pleased with this one

Excellent idea

great idea.

i would prefer though, if they brought back poppies on a frickin pin!

i don't have buttonholes in anything, so it makes them harder to wear.

Chaka Demus & pliers
I hate these wristbands, they cheapen things so much.

I disagree. Its all about making money and if they make more from doing this then its a good thing

I disagree. Its all about making money and if they make more from doing this then its a good thing

the two things can happen at the same time. i'm happy for them to make as much money as possible, but it does seem to me to cheapen the message.

jambojackbilly

Hate !!!

No big deal

Buy one or dont

:smiley2:

Ordered mine, wont wear it , just a donation. Getting a poppy on a saltire badge tonight...

Good idea,going with the times and can be worn all the time.

http://www.rblr.co.uk/content/support.html

Great idea not sure which version of the poppy fund the money goes to, the Scottish one and the poppys sold up here is a separate charity from the one down south, not that it really matters but the money raised down south stays there

Ordered a couple just now.

I have the same problem as Beverley with the poppy. Wish they would just go back to the old one with the pin to hold it on.

Ordered a couple just now.

I have the same problem as Beverley with the poppy. Wish they would just go back to the old one with the pin to hold it on.

Just gonna get one now.

I had never really been into the wristband thing, but changed my mind with "Help for Heroes".

And "snap" with the poppy + pin thing. It strikes me as a bit ironic that we cannot apparently be trusted with pins, when young men in the Great War were expected to deal with much greater peril.

Was just about to buy a band and an enemel pin online, then remembered that our forward thinking change embracing posties are on strike till next week...

Can you get them in any shops in town?

Just order to get as near to a ?10 donation as possible.

My sister usually does not bother with stuff like poppys, despite our school having a large service every year on the 11th to remind these young-uns what it is is/was all for she still does not seem to get it.

These wrist bands seem like a good idea to try and get the message to the younger generation etc.

When is the post back to normal?

You my friend are talking pish!!!!!.

I have copper silver and normal rubber help for heroes wrist band and at no time do I or any of my friend who wear them thin it cheepens the effects.

I buy a poppy every year and will continue to do so every year for the rest of my life, If they want to introduce a wrist band for me and the rest of joe public to wear on a daily basis then I will also wear this with pride!

To say this cheepens things is just STUPID!!! it's an organisation that needs money to help out heroes, be it new or old and I for will give as much as I can afford to help the cause.

Great idea not sure which version of the poppy fund the money goes to, the Scottish one and the poppys sold up here is a separate charity from the one down south, not that it really matters but the money raised down south stays there

This matters not to me and wouldnt do to anyone who has served time in the armed forces.

The armed forces is British, I served time in the armed forces.... I'm more than happy to wear a British or Scottish poppy!!, the difference is only 2 pettas, British, Scottish. Welsh or Irish...... They all fought along side each other!!!

Ordered mine, wont wear it , just a donation. Getting a poppy on a saltire badge tonight...

Ordered it Sunday arrived Tuesday... Good service , despite Royal mail..

Doesn't cheapen it at all, IMO. Allows Poppy Scotland (or RBL Poppy Appeal in the rest of the UK) to have a much needed financial boost during the year because unlike the poppy the wristbands will be available all year round, as are the small enamel pins. It keeps the ethos of Rememberence to fore front of peoples minds and possibly brings it to the attention of a younger generation.

Doesn't cheapen it at all, IMO. Allows Poppy Scotland (or RBL Poppy Appeal in the rest of the UK) to have a much needed financial boost during the year because unlike the poppy the wristbands will be available all year round, as are the small enamel pins. It keeps the ethos of Rememberence to fore front of peoples minds and possibly brings it to the attention of a younger generation.

you're missing the point. to cheapen has nothing to do with generating cash or awareness. they cheapen the issue as they look tacky.

there is no crossover of the two issues; they can generate cash and awareness and look cheap at the same time.

great idea.

i would prefer though, if they brought back poppies on a frickin pin!

i don't have buttonholes in anything, so it makes them harder to wear.

Beverly, what ever pub, club, hotel, or shop you are in to buy your Poppy, have a closer look in the tray they come in. The Poppys have the green plastic stem, but there are pins there as well, so you can attach them whichever way suits you.

:thumb:

Archived