Foreign referees would work!!!

grumpyjambo

Said it before, bribery doen't have to be a brown envolope! Ref's using OF "pool " cars, the use of planes and holiday homes, even down to how they are treated when they arrive at a game. Foreign refs ARE they way to make a level playing feild, but it must be said, last season and so far this season the bigots aren't getting their ussual " help"

sadly, I think it would take someone actually being caught red handed bribing a referee in Scotland for such a drastic step to be taken... Most of the Scottish Refs are old firm fans and therefor don't need a bung to give them the advantage.

would be nice though. Why stop with referees? Replace GOrdhun Smith with someone from abroad as well would be nice.

sadly, I think it would take someone actually being caught red handed bribing a referee in Scotland for such a drastic step to be taken... Most of the Scottish Refs are old firm fans and therefor don't need a bung to give them the advantage.

would be nice though. Why stop with referees? Replace GOrdhun Smith with someone from abroad as well would be nice.

Your right on there!

The Old Tolbooth
Said it before, bribery doen't have to be a brown envolope! Ref's using OF "pool " cars, the use of planes and holiday homes, even down to how they are treated when they arrive at a game. Foreign refs ARE they way to make a level playing feild, but it must be said, last season and so far this season the bigots aren't getting their ussual " help"

I'm guessing you've forgotten about the huns penalty in the dying seconds at Tynie? :stuart:

i have advocated this idea for a while as i really think it would work. unfortunately though the old firm have too much influence on decision making in scotland, and they wouldn't want to get rid of their pals. saying that though, in recent days, the refereeing bias has got a little better. i don't think there is outright bribery within refereeing in scotland, but instead a sub-concious leaning to bigger clubs, as in other countries, most notably to me, england. big clubs tend to influence officials more, they know how to look after them off the pitch, and their players know how to influence them on the pitch

YES, yes I did!:th_o:

Or the 'corner' that the tims scored from deep into injury time at Parkhead.

You'd be as well editing your post to say that they're not getting their usual help - except against us.

It would certainly be interesting to see how it panned out. As others have mentioned, I don't see outright bribery being in place in Scotland, but a status quo has been reached where refs are either too blinded by their allegience or too scared and shrouded in self-preservation to give anything against the OF.

And although there hasn't quite been the level of downright Andy Davis bias so far this season, how many decisions which have gone against the OF have been dubious?? None I can think of. Every sending off etc has been more than deserved. I can only talk about the games v Hearts and in both cases, the ref made big game changing decisions in favour of the OF which he got wrong. Even allowing Davie Weir to boss him is an example of how things haven't changed. If Mikey Stewart or Zal or anyone from any other club spoke to refs and opponents how DW doesn, they'd be booked.

You know what will happen? If we ever get foreign refs, they'll only be brought in for OF games cos they don't think the standard is good enough for their 'showcase'. The rest of us will have to put up with the dross and they'll be happy to use the Scot refs against us as they know it helps them.

Even when I've made the situation up - totally imaginary - the OF make me want to eat my own legs

Footballfirst

I can't understand the belief that bribery doesn't or couldn't exist in Scotland. I'm certain that in those countries where corruption has been identified they probably thought that it couldn't happen there either.

The authorities need to get their heads out of their backsides and be actively on the lookout for signs of corruption, whether it be betting scams, unexplainable referring decisions or whatever. Then again if the authorities themselves are corrrupt, would we ever know.

You'd be as well editing your post to say that they're not getting their usual help - except against us.

Thanks but it looks like everyone is doing it for me:10900:

I can't understand the belief that bribery doesn't or couldn't exist in Scotland. I'm certain that in those countries where corruption has been identified they probably thought that it couldn't happen there either.

The authorities need to get their heads out of their backsides and be actively on the lookout for signs of corruption, whether it be betting scams, unexplainable referring decisions or whatever. Then again if the authorities themselves are corrrupt, would we ever know.

The football authorities would love to have charges of bribery levelled because I doubt there is any substance for a start and it would then, in their eyes if nobody elses, allow them to put 'this' notion of cheating to bed once and for all. No, what we should be looking at is signs of a trend of undue / unfair influence on match results. The influence on refs is surely clear as the likes of Mike McCurry would rather look like a dumpling and suffer Craig Levein's ire than risk offending the OF massif. His decisions, in that match at Ibrox a year or more ago, were simply laughable and how the officials concocted an alibi that allowed their warped decisions to stand just beggars belief.

One question definitely requiring an answer though is HAS G.Smith actually 'looked into' the appeals system yet, as he promised he would following the Zal / Brines disgrace at Pittodrie

s.

no that was lee wallace's fault.

Archived