UNFUNNIEST TV PROGRAMME

Sergio Garcia

Sergio Garcia

Having been off all week and housebound since a week on friday, ive been watching a lot more tv than normal and this has increased my advert observation tenfold.

Now 2 programmes that i just dont get and have never ever laughed at are

Katy Brand's Big Ass show

and

E4s School of Comedy

Is there anything else out there as bad as these two shows and does anyone actually find them amusing?

Il go for that You Have Been Watching. (I think thats it)

A show where they look at and comment upon crap tv programs. Just exquisite irony.

Il go for that You Have Been Watching. (I think thats it)

A show where they look at and comment upon crap tv programs. Just exquisite irony.

I find that quite funny. I really like charlie brooker

BoJack Horseman

I sat through a few minutes of The Kevin Bishop show once. I almost gouged my eyes out.

Worst show ever by a country mile is the one with the worst comedian ever(whos name I can't bring myself to mention)The Office.

That peice of crap about a Caravan Park. Cringeworthy.

Saturday night TV in general. It starts off with possibly the single most unfunny person on the telly............. Harry Hill! Then goes down hill, X Factor, Come Dancing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhh!

:hang:

one that was on recently-i think it was called "we are klaang" that was awful awful stuff.

"meet the magoons" was probably the worst ever!!!

songs of praise and newsnight. not even close to being funny.

Jeremy Paxman is quite a funny chap though, so newsnight has potential.

Saturday night TV in general. It starts off with possibly the single most unfunny person on the telly............. Harry Hill!

utter rubbish. Harry Hill is the best thing on TV.

pretty much every variant of the 'glasgow banter' genre of BBC Scotland comedy which wrongly represents itself as scottish comedy.

only an excuse, rab c nesbitt, still game.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Worst show ever by a country mile is the one with the worst comedian ever(whos name I can't bring myself to mention)The Office.

:nah:

northfieldhearts

Little Britain

Peep Show

Mitchell & Webb

Katy Brand

Kevin Bishop

Gavin & Stacey

2 Pints of Lager

All Dross.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It should be a rule that anybody saying things like The Office or Peep Show are forced to tell us what they do think is funny. Sheesh.:stuart:

peep show fulfills the fundamentals of a sit com by putting characters in comical situations. easy. the office is ****.

Little Britain

Peep Show

Mitchell & Webb

Katy Brand

Kevin Bishop

Gavin & Stacey

2 Pints of Lager

All Dross.

[image deleted]

Peep show is superb. All the rest are poor.

And Mitchell & Webb isnt that bad, their radio program where most of the TV content is from. Is actually very good.

Catherine Tate

In fact any catchphrase comedy

I was gonna write a list until i saw this post. Catchphrase comedy in general i find totally cack

Victor Mancini

friends, basically its spell-it-out comedy for girls who don't have a sense of humour

Jeremy Paxman is quite a funny chap though, so newsnight has potential.

you're right. what paxo needs is a better vehicle for his zany brand of comedy. how about we put him in sit com where he plays a recently divorced tennis player who cant stay in a serious relationship. we'll call it "Love All". itll be huge.

jamboinglasgow

[quote=dave243;

1288418]I was gonna write a list until i saw this post. Catchphrase comedy in general i find totally cack

totally agreed. I was wondering recently why there are never anything close to monty python on tv in terms of brillant sketch comedy. Then watching it again realised it is the catchphrase. Yes monty python is endlessly quotable with stuff that could be seen as catchphrases "this is an ex-parrot" "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok." But the difference between MP and today's **** shows is that monty python rarely have a reoccuring character (the only one I can think of is gumby) and even then it is more a genre of charcter rather then the same. And they dont sprout out effectively the same joke each time only in a different situation.

45 episodes were made of it. The fourth season is not as good as the first three (but even then John Cleese left the show after the third series as he thought they were going to head towards the same kinds of jokes, can you imagine Matt Lucas and David Williams thinking that, can you imagine Catherine Tate thinking that.)

I can only put it down to laziness on either the part of the comedians writing it or the producers who want "what works." Yes MP did effectivly have 6 writers but they worked hard at it. Even look at Spike Milligans Q time, he wrote that himself and it is as unique and as non-repeative as Monty python.

I think the key think with sketch comedy that unless you are very lucky there will be a few misses in it as much as hits. But the important thing is a hit doesn't continue to be a hit if its just repeated again and again and again and again and again.

pretty much every variant of the 'glasgow banter' genre of BBC Scotland comedy which wrongly represents itself as scottish comedy.

only an excuse, rab c nesbitt, still game.

This.

Glaswegians are just like Scousers. The only people who actually find them funny is themselves.

Typically, both are about as funny as cancer.

rudi must stay

a show called 'happy hollidays'. I think that's the series finished now, thank **** for that. Not funny at all

We are Klang, total p*sh

any programme that the media shorten the title like "only fools" and "two pints" really annoy me.

totally agreed. I was wondering recently why there are never anything close to monty python on tv in terms of brillant sketch comedy. Then watching it again realised it is the catchphrase. Yes monty python is endlessly quotable with stuff that could be seen as catchphrases "this is an ex-parrot" "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok." But the difference between MP and today's **** shows is that monty python rarely have a reoccuring character (the only one I can think of is gumby) and even then it is more a genre of charcter rather then the same. And they dont sprout out effectively the same joke each time only in a different situation.

45 episodes were made of it. The fourth season is not as good as the first three (but even then John Cleese left the show after the third series as he thought they were going to head towards the same kinds of jokes, can you imagine Matt Lucas and David Williams thinking that, can you imagine Catherine Tate thinking that.)

I can only put it down to laziness on either the part of the comedians writing it or the producers who want "what works." Yes MP did effectivly have 6 writers but they worked hard at it. Even look at Spike Milligans Q time, he wrote that himself and it is as unique and as non-repeative as Monty python.

I think the key think with sketch comedy that unless you are very lucky there will be a few misses in it as much as hits. But the important thing is a hit doesn't continue to be a hit if its just repeated again and again and again and again and again.

the main problem with sitcom's and such like, is that the first series or two may be funny or at least watchable, but the main idea runs out of steam, but we get subjected to more series which destroys the good vibe of the original idea.

thinking back to some sitcoms i have watched in the past, red dwarf, two pints are ones that i did enjoy to start of with but after the first few the idea ran out of steam, watching some of the repeats on tv they have lost the original fun when i did watch them.

the same can be said about Frankie Boyle, how soon is it going to be that folk will start finding him repeatative and not funny anymore. over exposure is the main problem with the programme makers, they get one good hit and then stay with it, if they could try to bring fresh ideas coming along.

even non sitcoms, things like the long way round, where charlie braodman and ewan mcgregor was watchable, its now just charlie broadman and it is boring, same thing repeated over again.

tv producers must start to take a gamble on the stuff they produce, if you look at the current tv schedule you can almost predict what is going to be on over the weekends.

soap

some mindless viewers voting programme ( dancing, xfactor, im a celb, biug brother,etc)

somethng with ant and dec in it

jamboinglasgow
the main problem with sitcom's and such like, is that the first series or two may be funny or at least watchable, but the main idea runs out of steam, but we get subjected to more series which destroys the good vibe of the original idea.

thinking back to some sitcoms i have watched in the past, red dwarf, two pints are ones that i did enjoy to start of with but after the first few the idea ran out of steam, watching some of the repeats on tv they have lost the original fun when i did watch them.

the same can be said about Frankie Boyle, how soon is it going to be that folk will start finding him repeatative and not funny anymore. over exposure is the main problem with the programme makers, they get one good hit and then stay with it, if they could try to bring fresh ideas coming along.

even non sitcoms, things like the long way round, where charlie braodman and ewan mcgregor was watchable, its now just charlie broadman and it is boring, same thing repeated over again.

tv producers must start to take a gamble on the stuff they produce, if you look at the current tv schedule you can almost predict what is going to be on over the weekends.

soap

some mindless viewers voting programme ( dancing, xfactor, im a celb, biug brother,etc)

somethng with ant and dec in it

exactly, very rarely do tv shows improve after the first series. Normally they have a quality rating that is maybe a curve. The same can be said with popularity for tv figures. Over-exposure is the worst thing you can do with a talented star yet tc execs bank on what is succesful so only like putting on what worked regardless of what the viewers will think.

In a way I admire BBC three for at least trying new comedy shows, however the problem is that most are the same and the ones that they claim are "new" and "unique" are acutally the same but with a slight novelty part. E.G. one they used computer graphics (was funny for first show then cringeworthy.) Is there no one at the BBC with a decent sense of humour? At least listen to the people writing the shows to guess if they could actually make people laugh. I was astonished when hearing an interview with Catherine Tate 5 years ago where she said that right after she did her first ever stand up (her first leap into comedy) the BBC approached her to do a sketch show. I mean come on, that is far too quickly to give someone a show and it almost feels like the BBC wanted a female comedian so the producer picked the first one he found regardless of if they were good or not.

Can`t take to posh(ish), public schoolboy types trying to do comedy....for example Mitchell and Webb and.....the Miller and Armstrong sheight.....

chester copperpot
That peice of crap about a Caravan Park. Cringeworthy.

Saturday night TV in general. It starts off with possibly the single most unfunny person on the telly............. Harry Hill! Then goes down hill, X Factor, Come Dancing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhh!

:hang:

Surely you dont mean trailer park boys.

It's FAF, in a non funny kind of way. The show is pap, but the characters are magic (If that makes sense).

trailer-park-boys.jpg

:laugh:

Can`t take to posh(ish), public schoolboy types trying to do comedy....for example Mitchell and Webb and.....the Miller and Armstrong sheight.....

monty python, cook and moore, fry and laurie, sacha baron cohen. Almost all oxbridge boys. Surely not pish?

monty python, cook and moore, fry and laurie, sacha baron cohen. Almost all oxbridge boys. Surely not pish?

Fair point. Maybe it`s when the pi sh ones try to be funny it just seems cringeworthy and ten times worse than any other carp.

Most of my nominations have been said: Little Miss Jocelyn, The Kevin Bishop Show and Two and a Half Men (in descending order). The only reason Bishop doesn't come in first is because there was once one sketch of his that made me nearly laugh in one of the first shows.

The only one I haven't seen mentioned is the most recent French and Saunders effort (I've forgotten the name). Set in a farming community, the fat one plays the most stereotypical, unfunny, 'random' character ever, and that's just for starters.

I watched it with the bird and her parents a while back and, unfortunately, I was the only one in the room who didn't find it funny. Utter garbage.

Fair point. Maybe it`s when the pi sh ones try to be funny it just seems cringeworthy and ten times worse than any other carp.

if its not your thing, fair enough, but as with most sketch shows mitchell and webb is hit and miss. some of their hits are great though.

Surely you dont mean trailer park boys.

It's FAF, in a non funny kind of way. The show is pap, but the characters are magic (If that makes sense).

trailer-park-boys.jpg

:laugh:

Nope its not that one. The one I'm on about has Ford Keirnan, and Karen Dunbar in it. I've never clocked that one, might give it a go.

Archived