U19s v St Mirren - match off 17/10

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

If anyone was planning to watch the U19s at Riccarton tomorrrow, then the game has been called off, although I don't know why.

The game was originally scheduled as an away match, then was rescheduled as a home match earlier this week, but now appears to have been postponed, as confirmed both on the fixture list for the U19s and on the SPL site.

Footballfirst
If you want to see our next young prospect youve about 6 minutes left on Eurosport

Que? Who/what did I miss?

If anyone was planning to watch the U19s at Riccarton tomorrrow, then the game has been called off, although I don't know why.

The game was originally scheduled as an away match, then was rescheduled as a home match earlier this week, but now appears to have been postponed, as confirmed both on the fixture list for the U19s and on the SPL site.

Game is still going ahead FF, but as a friendly match instead of an SPL fixture,

Reason for the call off is that St Mirren don't have a goalkeeper to play in the match (which is a joke).

St Mirren will be fielding an over age keeper in the friendly match. Surely the SPL have to look at so called Pro-youth teams who can't play for this reason.

Footballfirst
Game is still going ahead FF, but as a friendly match instead of an SPL fixture,

Reason for the call off is that St Mirren don't have a goalkeeper to play in the match (which is a joke).

St Mirren will be fielding an over age keeper in the friendly match. Surely the SPL have to look at so called Pro-youth teams who can't play for this reason.

Thanks for the info Domino. I will probably go along in that case. I think it was peviously scheduled for 12:00 rather than the normal 11:00 at Riccarton.

You appear to be "in the know" about the scheduling of games. Can I ask that you post a thread or PM me for any other "closed-door" games that you find out about.

Charlie-Brown

Last season Celtic only managed to bring 13 players for games against our U15 & U17's instead of the minimum 22 required but normally would be at least 28 players if you include 11+3 subs for each team - anyway Hearts mixed up the squad comprising the U15 & also the younger members of the U17's and played an U16 fixture instead - even then Celtic had to bring a previously 'sent off' player back on after they got a couple of injuries which was a joke really as the kid had been given a straight red for throwing a punch ..... the young Somalian kid was up front for Celts that day and looked a nippy wee player but his team-mates weren't up to much and Hearts beat them comfortably in the end. Anyway if Celtic couldn't find 22 laddies to play in their teams given the size of their club and support what does that say?

Footballfirst
..........Anyway if Celtic couldn't find 22 laddies to play in their teams given the size of their club and support what does that say?
...... some of the Celtic backroom staff had kept a few laddies behind for some special training ????

:21:

Toxteth O'Grady
Last season Celtic only managed to bring 13 players for games against our U15 & U17's instead of the minimum 22 required but normally would be at least 28 players if you include 11+3 subs for each team - anyway Hearts mixed up the squad comprising the U15 & also the younger members of the U17's and played an U16 fixture instead - even then Celtic had to bring a previously 'sent off' player back on after they got a couple of injuries which was a joke really as the kid had been given a straight red for throwing a punch ..... the young Somalian kid was up front for Celts that day and looked a nippy wee player but his team-mates weren't up to much and Hearts beat them comfortably in the end. Anyway if Celtic couldn't find 22 laddies to play in their teams given the size of their club and support what does that say?

Dangerous question Charlie:21:

Archived