What do you think?

forrester_jambo

forrester_jambo

Seriously boys what the **** is lacking in this hearts team, I've been racking my brains and i honestly dont think there is an anwser the obvious thing to say is a striker,but i just dont see how if we had a prolific striker we would win much more games??????

So confused

Seriously boys what the **** is lacking in this hearts team, I've been racking my brains and i honestly dont think there is an anwser the obvious thing to say is a striker,but i just dont see how if we had a prolific striker we would win much more games??????

So confused

Because of the way we play we will always be over-run in midfield.

I didn't realise how much we would miss Kari, Berra & Bruno.

Disappointing stuff. Aberdeen will do us over most probobly.

Bah & double bah!

We've got absolutely no creativity in our side at all.

We were guff last season until Bruno came back and we're guff now.

We've got nothing in the middle of the park. Nothing at all.

Ruben - too nice to be a proper DF. Michael Stewart - a fecking waste of space.

Don't think Csaba is all that either tbh.

Romonov me thinks - has created a Portsmouth at the club. The only reason he is still there is that he will lose a fortune....at least he will not make any more money out of our the club....so many fans i know won't go back until he packs his bags!

So confused

Surely your not being serious????

Witt misses 3 chances in first half and Suso misses an open goal. Tke that info put it in your head and think. Shouldn't take long.

grumpyespana

Its a easy answer a playmaker in midfield & a goalscorer thats all we require simple.

Grumpy.

A keeper that does not inspire.

A centre half that is too rash.

A centre midfield pairing that does not contribute enough goals or create enough chances.

One up front that consists of a lazy overweight frenchman or an Austrian who was playing for the equivalent of Tynecastle Star last year.

Add to that we have no scouting system, a manager that is in the huff and a captain that moans rather than encourage.

Apart from that we are **** hot! :43:

forrester_jambo
Surely your not being serious????

Witt misses 3 chances in first half and Suso misses an open goal. Tke that info put it in your head and think. Shouldn't take long.

listen mate yeah i am being serious i just dont see how if we had a striker (decent) that all our problems would go away i understand how we missed these chances today which you stated but do you honestly think that if we had someone to put these chances away we could go to the likes of st.mirren and not "bottle it".

Just my opinion by the way but i still dont know what we "need"

The Comedian
A decent striker who won't pass up all the chances we create would help matters along.

Which brings us neatly along to another problem what with Romanov refusing to sign anyone. I ******ing despair at times.

Experience

Exactly.

I've been saying for a while that we could do with a couple of seasoned pro's in the team.

When we were linked with Hartley (although his best days are probably past) I thought he would be an excellent signing and a ready-made captain.

When I first starting watching Hearts you had experienced players like MacDonald, Jardine, Bone and Johnstone complementing the younger players.

Too many fans dismiss players when they are on the wrong side of 30 but the right player in the right position can bring so much to a team.

Our striking problems are well known, but our lack of a creative midfielder heightens the problem IMO.

Exactly.

I've been saying for a while that we could do with a couple of seasoned pro's in the team.

When we were linked with Hartley (although his best days are probably past) I thought he would be an excellent signing and a ready-made captain.

When I first starting watching Hearts you had experienced players like MacDonald, Jardine, Bone and Johnstone complementing the younger players.

Too many fans dismiss players when they are on the wrong side of 30 but the right player in the right position can bring so much to a team.

Our striking problems are well known, but our lack of a creative midfielder heightens the problem IMO.

Back then the team was built around Robbo, MacKay and Bowman. Doddie realised that it was the players and not formations that are important in our crappy leagues.

Think we need to stabilise quickly and play more defensively for a round of games. We need to turn the defeats into draws and put points on the board. The player we're probably missing most is Karapidis, so I'd put Zal and Jose at the back and play Bouzid in front of them. May have to sacrifice an attacker for a few games.

listen mate yeah i am being serious i just dont see how if we had a striker (decent) that all our problems would go away i understand how we missed these chances today which you stated but do you honestly think that if we had someone to put these chances away we could go to the likes of st.mirren and not "bottle it".

Just my opinion by the way but i still dont know what we "need"

If we scored more of our chances we could afford to lose as many goals as we are at the moment and still win. :th_o:

When you play against the bottom six teams, in terms of basic ability in most cases player for player we win.

But the main problem is that we don't have the desire to win a lot of matches and in these games in particular a lot of the players think they just have to turn up and we'll win. They don't think they need to fight and scrap for everything. The reason we lost that game today in the second half was that they wanted it, we didn't.

loveofthegame

We don't have a leader on the park, we don't have enough players that look like they give a damn, we don't have a decent forward, we don't have a decent centre mid, we don't have a great commanding centre half and we don't have that good a goalie. Other than that....

Think we need to stabilise quickly and play more defensively for a round of games. We need to turn the defeats into draws and put points on the board. The player we're probably missing most is Karapidis, so I'd put Zal and Jose at the back and play Bouzid in front of them. May have to sacrifice an attacker for a few games.

I think you'll find that this strategy has been in place for most of the season...

Father Tiresias

One word.

Quality.

There is little or no quality in the squad just now and alarmingly the first team is littered generously with players who would never have been near a Hearts jersey under some previous managers.

Witteveen, Nade, Suso Santana, Obua and there are others.

Really worrying is the acceptance by some supporters that the standard of player, the likes of Witteveen, is acceptable!!

I think we have too many wide players but the team did show some glimpses of form in the first half. David Weetabix simply isnt good enough for the SPL and we carried him most of the game until he went off injured. Thats not his fault though, thats the fault of who brought him here in the first place.

Suso missed a sitter as he spent too long on the ball as Im sure many have already wittnessed themselves, and Obua is too scared to hit the ball first time. I think there is a severe confidence issue in front of goal for out midfielders which only adds to our woes.

With the way they played today I would struggle to see us get into the top 6. We didnt play well when we beat Accies last week, but I put that down to us being due some luck after losing 3 last minute goals already this season, but its not going to be a good season if this keeps going the way it is.

However one thing is for sure, I will be watching my team and getting behind them.

The Mighty Thor

It's fairly simple really.

Put a goalkeeper in that at least inspires an element of confidence in his back 4. That's not Janos Balogh.

Michael Stewart and Ruben Palazeulos CANNOT PLAY TOGETHER! It is so fecking obvious.

Play Ian Black. Play him in an advanced MF position.

Play either Obua or Driver. Scratch that. Play Driver. Play him in his position all game. Send Obua back to wherever the feck the lazy barsteward came from.

Play 2 up front. At the moment i couldn't give two fecks which two, just play two.

Currently we have two useless midfielders falling over each other in front of our back 4 which is causing mayhem any time the ball comes into our half.

In the middle of the park we have been deploying a man 'in the hole' unfortunately the hole is the size of Wales as Obua is generally wider than the stand side linesman and Driver is doing the same on the other side.

The result? Long ball up, lone striker beaten, 40 yards plus for opponents to wander into and pick off passes into our back 6 who frequently leave it to each other (ie no-one does anything about it).

I cannot believe Csaba doesn't see how easy his inept tactics make it for teams to just pick us off.

We have a manager who worked wonders last season and is now devoid of any passion

No we had a manager who got lucky last season and scraped through some games with 1goal victories, he aint having the same luck this season.

It's fairly simple really.

Put a goalkeeper in that at least inspires an element of confidence in his back 4. That's not Janos Balogh.

Michael Stewart and Ruben Palazeulos CANNOT PLAY TOGETHER! It is so fecking obvious.

Play Ian Black. Play him in an advanced MF position.

Play either Obua or Driver. Scratch that. Play Driver. Play him in his position all game. Send Obua back to wherever the feck the lazy barsteward came from.

Play 2 up front. At the moment i couldn't give two fecks which two, just play two.

Currently we have two useless midfielders falling over each other in front of our back 4 which is causing mayhem any time the ball comes into our half.

In the middle of the park we have been deploying a man 'in the hole' unfortunately the hole is the size of Wales as Obua is generally wider than the stand side linesman and Driver is doing the same on the other side.

The result? Long ball up, lone striker beaten, 40 yards plus for opponents to wander into and pick off passes into our back 6 who frequently leave it to each other (ie no-one does anything about it).

I cannot believe Csaba doesn't see how easy his inept tactics make it for teams to just pick us off.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Find a group of players who first and foremost have a desire to win a football match and have pride in themselves before anything else.

Although there are various things lacking in the team at the moment - the main one is the most obvious of all: a striker. If we had a decent striker today, we would have been 3 or 4 up by half time with the amount of decent balls we played in to the box.

TyphoonJambo

ELLIOT, We need a friggin goalscorer!!!!!!

Things will come to a head when we play the Hobos in a few weeks. If we get humped, then all the fans making excuses will soon change their tune.

We could be bottom of league by the end of the month.

Cant ignore the vlad effect but I feel Csaba was a bit lucky last year and is devoid of ideas now and is not inspiring the players that he does have. Too many wee huffs. We need someone to persuade the likes of kingston to play as he is our best player. How many coaches around the world want better players, dont get them and knuckle down? I did not go today because the team are crap to watch. Last year they were not a joy either but we got some results. Csaba can get his and the team's heads up or head off. I know this is not going to get much agreement because it is all Vlad's fault whatever happens! Our results since july have been relegation quality, I've seen it before.

Captain America

A spine to the team.

Only 2 players played with passion today Jose & Thomson, this is simply not good enough, the very least we should expect from every player is 100% effort and we're not getting that just now. This should be clear to the manager but it doesnt look like it is.

Twelve years ago this weekend we destroyed Motherwell at Fir Park, 1-4, and sat top of the league.

The team that day was Gilles Rousset, Alan McManus, Neil Pointon, Davy Weir, Stefano Salvatori, Paul Ritchie, Neil McCann, Steve Fulton, Jim Hamilton, Colin Cameron, Stephane Adam, and subs, Gary Locke, Stephen Frail, John Robertson.

Now I know that team was arguably exceptional and that the memory can play tricks, but I honestly think that every player would stroll into our squad today and I never, ever, thought I'd be saying that about Alan McManus.

jamboinglasgow

a bit of luck

leaders on the park (we badly missed Zal at the back)

players not afraid to take a shot at close range

more passion on the pitch

fans who dont get on the players back at the first mistake

portobellojambo1

Sometimes I worry at those that say someone who could score goals for us is not the answer to our problem. Based on our present style of play it is exactly the answer to our problems.

I believe the failure to convert the chances we take is putting all the pressure on the team.

The chances of bottling it when only 1-0 up are massively high, the chances of bottling it when you are 2 or 3 in front reduces quite dramatically. Our failure to score not only affects the confidence of Hearts but gives a visual boost to the opposition.

If we still had defensive players of the calibre of Gordon, Berra, Pressley, Webster we might be able to hang on in some games, but we no longer have strong, experienced, talented people in the central defensive/goalkeeping positions.

The only way to combat that is to score more goals than the opposition. History shows that if you score more goals in a game than the opposition it is very difficult (!!!!!) to lose.

While failing to recruit a good quality striker, we have also weakened those areas of the side we were known to be strong in, defence was made our strong point by Levein, people didn't like it, it has been weakened, we eventually found, through Burley a hard man in midfield (Julien Brellier), he was removed. We are now suffering by failing to strengthen in our previously strong positions and by failing to bring in a goal scorer who could counter balance those weakened areas.

(I think I may have said the same thing twice over in the final paragraph, but feck it, it has been a long day).

As has been said before, we are short of at least five players needed to transform the team. Saying that there is one player who is at the club and not playing, who I feel could make an immediate impact and that player is Larry. Yes he can be lazy and sometimes not give 100%, but he can also do wonders and unlock defences for us. Let's be honest who would you rather have a lazy Larry or a lazy Obua? No choice really. Obua, Stewart and Ruben contribute nothing going forward and so should all be dropped. If we must persist with 4-5-1 then I would like to see Jonnson as our holding midfielder with Larry and Black playing in front of him and Driver and Suso (or one of the youngsters) on the wings. Didn't think that the back four played too badly today to be honest. Bottom line is that neither Bouzid or Goncalves are ball players. Alright defenders but not too good at spraying the ball from the back. Again didn't think that Balogh did too much wrong today, but do accept that he may not be inspiring the defence. I would like to see MacDonald given a run in the team. Obviously at least one new striker is required, but seeing as it would be January at the earliest I would play Glen up front with much more impetus on either of the two central or wide midfielders getting up to give him a hand. At least it would add a bit of an edge to our lacklustre and toothless attack.

Sometimes I worry at those that say someone who could score goals for us is not the answer to our problem.

As you say, it's certainly an argument that occasions head-scratching. And, strangely enough, it's not an argument that had any currency at all on here until after our failure to sign a striker (or anything worthy of the name) in the last window.

Some people have said we don't make chances and therefore there's nothing a striker could put away, but I don't think that's the case this season.

WHY did we not play im Maroon and play the ball on the ground because of the wind, i got sick of us just punting the ball from back to front missing out midfield.

I really did'nt think we played as bad as most of the posters have said if we had taken our chances we could have been 4-1 up at half time.

If we have a striker that scores in the un19's fasttrack him into the 1st team.

grumpyespana

The problems are deep rooted and there are many so where do I start

1) VLAD - I think he has lost interest in Hearts also there is unrest between him and the manager.

2) Csaba - I have said in the past he is good at man management but is to cautious with his tactics would settle for a 1-0 win every week.

3) TEAM - Problem in goalkeeper position the midfield is to powder puff for SPL & we lack someone who can put there foot on the ball and play the killer pass as for up front we all know what is needed there.

4) SIGNINGS -To be honest a waste of space.

5) CURE -What is the cure who can tell but I would get rid of Nade.whiteveen,Obua.Kingston & Balogh and sell Driver and start from scratch again.

Grumpy

Sometimes I worry at those that say someone who could score goals for us is not the answer to our problem.

If you are meaning me, you have missinterpeted what i was trying to say.

If we brought in another striker it is my opinion that Csaba would still play him up front on his own, meaning chances that come our way in the box are liable to fall to a midfielder/defender/winger (if they get off their backsides and drive forward that is) just as much as a forward. Now if he played 2 forwards at the same time (Nade was on the bench) then there is much more of a chance that the majority of chances will fall to those who's main job it is to score goals.

So i am not saying we don't need a striker, but if we do get one we have to change our style of play or the new striker will have to score everytime he gets a chance whilst stuck up on his own or the fans will be on his back straight away.

Our forwards, whilst stuck up front on their own, it seems are also having to take the fall for midfielders/wingers missing chances.

FTR i don't really rate any of our front men, but i do feel they have all since Csaba has been in charge been 'hung out to dry' with the style of play Csaba seems to prefer.

Sometimes I worry at those that say someone who could score goals for us is not the answer to our problem. Based on our present style of play it is exactly the answer to our problems.

I believe the failure to convert the chances we take is putting all the pressure on the team.

The chances of bottling it when only 1-0 up are massively high, the chances of bottling it when you are 2 or 3 in front reduces quite dramatically. Our failure to score not only affects the confidence of Hearts but gives a visual boost to the opposition.

If we still had defensive players of the calibre of Gordon, Berra, Pressley, Webster we might be able to hang on in some games, but we no longer have strong, experienced, talented people in the central defensive/goalkeeping positions.

The only way to combat that is to score more goals than the opposition. History shows that if you score more goals in a game than the opposition it is very difficult (!!!!!) to lose.

While failing to recruit a good quality striker, we have also weakened those areas of the side we were known to be strong in, defence was made our strong point by Levein, people didn't like it, it has been weakened, we eventually found, through Burley a hard man in midfield (Julien Brellier), he was removed. We are now suffering by failing to strengthen in our previously strong positions and by failing to bring in a goal scorer who could counter balance those weakened areas.

(I think I may have said the same thing twice over in the final paragraph, but feck it, it has been a long day).

I agree with this PJ but does it excuse the continual capitulation? I understand that the continual lack of chance taking does put more onus on the defence to hold out but that`s when the team has to show a bit more bottle, fight and presence of mind to keep going until the final whistle.

The lack of chance taking is starting to become more and more frustrating but who`s to say we wouldn`t have got a late 2nd if we`d dug our heels in and continued to fight our corner?

Early missed chances aren`t an excuse to throw in the towel.

If you are meaning me, you have missinterpeted what i was trying to say.

If we brought in another striker it is my opinion that Csaba would still play him up front on his own, meaning chances that come our way in the box are liable to fall to a midfielder/defender/winger (if they get off their backsides and drive forward that is) just as much as a forward. Now if he played 2 forwards at the same time (Nade was on the bench) then there is much more of a chance that the majority of chances will fall to those who's main job it is to score goals.

So i am not saying we don't need a striker, but if we do get one we have to change our style of play or the new striker will have to score everytime he gets a chance whilst stuck up on his own or the fans will be on his back straight away.

Our forwards, whilst stuck up front on their own, it seems are also having to take the fall for midfielders/wingers missing chances.

FTR i don't really rate any of our front men, but i do feel they have all since Csaba has been in charge been 'hung out to dry' with the style of play Csaba seems to prefer.

I agree with that.Yesterday proved your point.First sub Nade for Suso.Should have been Obua or Driver but thats for another debate.So fair enough two up front and chasing the game.

Whittevine gets injured,so brings Black on,back to one up front.Madness when we are a goal down.

Last sub tells Templeton to strip off,good.Changes mind and brings off a midfield player for another midfield player.Still playing one upfront despite being behind.Clueless if you ask me.:hat2:

Too many wingers in the team.

Add in two full-backs who play as wing-backs and on bad days get stranded, two midfielders with no creativity and little dig, two centre backs who get drawn out of position, a goalkeeper who looks like he'd rather have a different job and no one who can shoot on target - and that was yesterday and most of this season.

What happened to "together" - which is what St Mirren were.

Nothing to do with too many forward thinking players. Discipline, positional awareness and graft are the key.

Cammazola was the last player who gave us the perfect balance on the right.

Skacel was the cavalier on the left while Cammazola perfected the balance between defending and attacking on the other side. I long for that balance again.

Archived