"A big, physical side".

Ryan Gosling

Yes we are a big physical side , its a pity big physical side did'nt mean good quality football team.:th_o:

I think it's high-time we started playing up to our reputation. Michael Stewart should lead the team out and then Nade can get the whole team to do this:

Captain Price

couldnt find anything interesting to write about so they decided to write about st midden

If something is repeated often enough it becomes fact.

Just like hobo flair, honest Scottish players and Ian Murray is a good player.

A load of pish.

Snake Plissken

By my reckoning only Zal (who'll be injured for the game), Bouzid, Jose and Nade could be said to fit the "big, physical" mould.

So in likelyhood we'll start with two big centre backs - that's really rare isn't it?

It's football logic, say something often enough and it becomes true.

By my reckoning only Zal (who'll be injured for the game), Bouzid, Jose and Nade could be said to fit the "big, physical" mould.

So in likelyhood we'll start with two big centre backs - that's really rare isn't it?

It's football logic, say something often enough and it becomes true.

Maybe Larry too. :smiley2:

Let's see if the wee a-hole is ready to contribute and show some sort of effort.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

This physical team nonsense is ****ing hilarious. Half of our team are midgets in footballing terms.

Our team for tomorrow will probably be:

Balogh/Kello

Thomson Bouzid Goncalves Wallace

Stewart Palazuelos

Suso Obua Driver

Glen

Awash with big, physical, hammer-throwers. Particularly the front 4.

jamboinglasgow
I think it's high-time we started playing up to our reputation. Michael Stewart should lead the team out and then Nade can get the whole team to do this:

That is amazing. I dont think the team should do it, but I do love in foregin stadiums where there is one guy with a megaphone shouting something, then the fans around him chant. Done with enough volume and people it could put the fear of God into the opposition players and fans. After watching videos of Turkish fans, how I would love Tynecastle to be like that.

:biggrin:

We should really be keeping a tally or some sort of list on how many times this nonsense crops up. It's getting completely ridiculous how often someone trots out this line.

Miller Jambo 60
So unbelievably boring now.

Can they not dream something else up?

Ha Ha ,what was the paper called, another western rag.

Sexton Hardcastle
Our team for tomorrow will probably be:

Balogh/Kello

Thomson Bouzid Goncalves Wallace

Stewart Palazuelos

Suso Obua Driver

Glen

Awash with big, physical, hammer-throwers. Particularly the front 4.

Had me going for a second.

The People's Chimp
If something is repeated often enough it becomes fact.

Just like hobo flair, honest Scottish players and Ian Murray is a good player.

A load of pish.

I heard naismith desribed as an honest laddie during the hun/sevilla game.

He was very honest when he was half way down before any contact to win a (non-existent) penalty for the huns....

A fine idea, I suggest allowing Clum to choreograph the dance.

Not sure whats more boring, them spouting this same old pish every week or a thread on kickback moaning about it every week.

Actually i know the answer to that.

:qqb017:

FFS.

eh yes... hearts are a big physical team. i submit, i surrender, i give up.

here's a recent team photo with csaba wonka. my what a big huge physical team...

ompa%20lumpa%20menbbb.jpg

scott herbertson

What csaba needs to do is to get Suso , Driver, Glen and Thomson to come out on stilts on Saturday

Don't say why though or it would spoil it

Gus McPherson was in the ****** today (dont know how to link) saying how the midden have to get in our face's on Sat, this would say to me that it's going to be a nasty game and no doubt they will be trying to influence the ref that they have been bullied all over the park and we'll end up

a) getting 5/6 bookings

B) a player sent off

c) a non existant pen given against us

McPherson is a grade 'A' greetin faced tit

heartgarfunkel

Gus MacPherson?s side will get the added bonus of leapfrogging the seventh-placed Edinburgh club if they manage to record their first ever league win at St Mirren Park.

Don't soft-touch Hearts. Just don't.

Just had a look at their first team squad and it makes interesting reading.

Jack Ross 6' 1"

Lee Mair 6'

John Potter 6'

Andy Dorman 6'

Billy Mehmet 6'1"

Michael Higdon 6'1"

O'Donnell 6'

Innes 6'1"

Eight of their squad are 6 ft or over, I think we have 6 or 7 if you count Witteveen, enough said really.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Remember those things that used to go round the office called "Bulls**t Bingo", e.g. low hanging fruit, holistic view etc.?

We should develop one for HMFC for the press, e.g. Mad Vlad, big, physical side etc etc

Goldstone Wonder

He also comes out with the classic hoboism "if we can get the ball down and play". All he had to do was add "the Hibs/St Mirren way" and I'd have been shouting "house".

That is amazing. I dont think the team should do it, but I do love in foregin stadiums where there is one guy with a megaphone shouting something, then the fans around him chant. Done with enough volume and people it could put the fear of God into the opposition players and fans. After watching videos of Turkish fans, how I would love Tynecastle to be like that.

Duno how to make it appear in my post, but i love this Haka, or moreso Wales' response. Rugby is pish but the haka is cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncu6SzmHe3E

As for us, well the only problem with the big physical thing is when refs believe it. There were games last season where we were kicked off the park, but we were the ones penalised cos we're the big scary monsters. Anyway, we have to stand up to them and get the ball down more than they do, then we'll win, simples!

What csaba needs to do is to get Suso , Driver, Glen and Thomson to come out on stilts on Saturday

Don't say why though or it would spoil it

:laugh:

uniwildcat38

Actually for once there is actually some truth to these claims - compared to St Mirren we are actually a "big physical team". Here's a comparison of the line-ups from last week - I have had to swap a few players where their height or weight wasn't available on the club web-sites (apologies for the metric measurements but it makes it easier to calculate the averages):

Balogh 192cm 83kg

Jonsson 188cm 72kg

Zaliukas 190cm 84kg

Bouzid 190cm 85kg

Goncalves 188cm 85kg

Black 173cm 63kg

Stewart 180cm 73kg

Palazuelos 185cm 75kg

Driver 175cm 69kg

Glen 177cm 79kg

Nade 186cm 80kg

Gallacher 183cm 68kg

Ross 185cm 72kg

Potter 183cm 80kg

Innes 185cm 77kg

Barron 178cm 79kg

Murray 178cm 67kg

Brighton 180cm 74kg

Brady 178cm 69kg

Thomson 173cm 68kg

Dargo 168cm 64kg

Mehmet 185cm 82kg

Hearts average: 184cm 77kg

St Mirren average: 180cm 73kg

I'm not sure how much we can trust these numbers though - surely Gary Glen is more than 1kg lighter than Nade!

Actually for once there is actually some truth to these claims - compared to St Mirren we are actually a "big physical team". Here's a comparison of the line-ups from last week - I have had to swap a few players where their height or weight wasn't available on the club web-sites (apologies for the metric measurements but it makes it easier to calculate the averages):

Balogh 192cm 83kg

Jonsson 188cm 72kg

Zaliukas 190cm 84kg

Bouzid 190cm 85kg

Goncalves 188cm 85kg

Black 173cm 63kg

Stewart 180cm 73kg

Palazuelos 185cm 75kg

Driver 175cm 69kg

Glen 177cm 79kg

Nade 186cm 80kg

Gallacher 183cm 68kg

Ross 185cm 72kg

Potter 183cm 80kg

Innes 185cm 77kg

Barron 178cm 79kg

Murray 178cm 67kg

Brighton 180cm 74kg

Brady 178cm 69kg

Thomson 173cm 68kg

Dargo 168cm 64kg

Mehmet 185cm 82kg

I'm not sure how much we can trust these numbers though - surely Gary Glen is more than 1kg lighter than Nade!

Your line ups are wrong, certainly the Hearts one. Jonsson didn't play and was replaced by Thompson who is lucky if he is 170cm, also no Palazuelos or Nade.

Edit, just read your post and realised that you replaced some players.

Your line ups are wrong, certainly the Hearts one. Jonsson didn't play and was replaced by Thompson who is lucky if he is 170cm, also no Palazuelos or Nade.

Edit, just read your post and realised that you replaced some players.

But to be fair Thompson and Suso would bring our average down a bit

Coburg Hearts

Balogh 192cm 83kg

Jonsson 188cm 72kg

Zaliukas 190cm 84kg

Bouzid 190cm 85kg

Goncalves 188cm 85kg

Black 173cm 63kg

Stewart 180cm 73kg

Palazuelos 185cm 75kg

Driver 175cm 69kg

Glen 177cm 79kg

Nade 186cm 80kg

Gallacher 183cm 68kg

Ross 185cm 72kg

Potter 183cm 80kg

Innes 185cm 77kg

Barron 178cm 79kg

Murray 178cm 67kg

Brighton 180cm 74kg

Brady 178cm 69kg

Thomson 173cm 68kg

Dargo 168cm 64kg

Mehmet 185cm 82kg

No offence, and I can see you put a bit of work into your post, but that's like someone weighing me with a bag of cement on my back and then telling me I'm overweight. :smiley2:

CH

hearts_crazy

Balogh 192cm 83kg

Jonsson 188cm 72kg

Zaliukas 190cm 84kg

Bouzid 190cm 85kg

Goncalves 188cm 85kg

Black 173cm 63kg

Stewart 180cm 73kg

Palazuelos 185cm 75kg

Driver 175cm 69kg

Glen 177cm 79kg

Nade 186cm 80kg

Gallacher 183cm 68kg

Ross 185cm 72kg

Potter 183cm 80kg

Innes 185cm 77kg

Barron 178cm 79kg

Murray 178cm 67kg

Brighton 180cm 74kg

Brady 178cm 69kg

Thomson 173cm 68kg

Dargo 168cm 64kg

Mehmet 185cm 82kg

My God this is a sad post:nah:

Anyway I reckon it's just their excuse for sending themselves sprawling across the turf any time one of our giants brushes past them

hearts_crazy

I just read the whole article, By feck, what a load of utter tosh. I thought the Daily Ranger was bad but this takes the biscuit, and the wrapper, and the biscuit tin, and the kitchen.

Craig Dargo says 'they're going to be a big physical blah blah blah'. Well Craig, firstly you watch too much garbage on the telly, Secondly, if the stats posted earlier are to be believed, everyone is big and physical to you, you are a midget that weighs sod all.

hearts_crazy

Gus McPherson was on Real radio earlier trotting out the big physical side myth too. It's the same sort of thing as the Hibs are a flairsome team full of youngsters myth. Both may have been very very slightly relevant 3 years ago, both are just utter nonsense now. Mind i'm pretty pleased that Gus McPherson has clearly not done his homework on us.

Can I just point out that we had a thread before the start of the season essentially saying "Ok, we are a BPS/BPT now - who cares?"

shaun.lawson
Can I just point out that we had a thread before the start of the season essentially saying "Ok, we are a BPS/BPT now - who cares?"

Correct, Acey. After all, this messageboard has been just full of poster after poster waxing lyrical on the gorgeous, sexy football we've been playing throughout this season, hasn't it?!

The way I see it is: players and managers who make statements like this expect to lose, and are just getting their excuses in first. It's a backhanded compliment in many ways.

Correct, Acey. After all, this messageboard has been just full of poster after poster waxing lyrical on the gorgeous, sexy football we've been playing throughout this season, hasn't it?!

The way I see it is: players and managers who make statements like this expect to lose, and are just getting their excuses in first. It's a backhanded compliment in many ways.

interesting to then note that bingo the bum toucher said today that dundee united are.... "a big physical team".

seems like it's now become a stock phrase used to describe anyone who happens to be a better team than you.

shaun.lawson
interesting to then note that bingo the bum toucher said today that dundee united are.... "a big physical team".

seems like it's now become a stock phrase used to describe anyone who happens to be a better team than you.

Exactly. Especially if you're a manager who employs the con trick of talking about entertaining, passing football - because that keeps the pressure off you win or lose, even if performances are actually total gash. Both Csaba and Levein are more pragmatic managers, far more likely to maximise their team's output over a whole season than Yogi.

Exactly. Especially if you're a manager who employs the con trick of talking about entertaining, passing football - because that keeps the pressure off you win or lose, even if performances are actually total gash. Both Csaba and Levein are more pragmatic managers, far more likely to maximise their team's output over a whole season than Yogi.

the first rumblings of delusion have begun to be heard eminating from flairsville about them going for 2nd place.

no really.

hopefully a solid looking dundee united will bring a modicum of realisation to those present.

Archived