Well I never

John Findlay

John Findlay

thought I would hear Glasgow as being described as thus. To white?

According to some of those who felt it was not an appropriate city to hold last night's MOBO awards in.

John

what a load of garbage. Just miffed that it was in Scotland by the sounds of it.

jamboinglasgow
what a load of garbage. Just miffed that it was in Scotland by the sounds of it.

I think the people who complained are just sad it wasn't in London. There is too much of a London-centricness in this country. Its like the olympics, apparntly the IOC would only allow London to hold the olympics in Britain because it is the only main city they know (even though Manchester could have the Olympics.)

According to some of those who felt it was not an appropriate city to hold last night's MOBO awards in.

John

Think you may have missheard them John, are you sure the word they used to describe the Weeg didn't start with "sh" and finish with "ite" ?

Easily missheard as "white" IMO. :thumb:

Imagine the out cry if we had "white music awards" or "Non Black Awards" :th_o:

it's the 'music of black origin' awards, not black music awards.

it's about genres of music which originated mainly through ethnic groups.

anyway i think the moans and groans about the venue for the awards were ludicrous.

Imagine we were having the same conversation about London being too black to host the [fictional] MOWO's...

Think the thread would be shut, TBH.

John

Theyve never been down the great western road then.

Its a cross between ghana,sowetto,christian nade and great junction street.

Regal Kingston

John

Separatists IMO. Most music comes from a mixture of all races and should be celebrated together as its the music that brings people together.

Anyway I heard gospel originated in Scotland so to say its of black origin is incorrect. I also heard rap was invented by a farming community in Dumfries and R&B is just a rip off of Scottish folk music from the 1800's.

Can I just say Titchy Stadler and the DJ Chipmunks are fecking terrible.

And I hate 'bling'.

There wouldn't be much of an outcry were the MOWO's invented. It's just a stupid idea. There isn't a specific genre that originated from the white man. You could argue that country music, or pop but the sheer mass of music that is originated by white people is huge. It's not like a white person is banned from winning a MOBO is it? I'm sure Emeniem or N-Dubz could if they were half decent.

Separatists IMO. Most music comes from a mixture of all races and should be celebrated together as its the music that brings people together.

Anyway I heard gospel originated in Scotland so to say its of black origin is incorrect. I also heard rap was invented by a farming community in Dumfries and R&B is just a rip off of Scottish folk music from the 1800's.

And I hate 'bling'.

Who?:D

Sexton Hardcastle

And I hate 'bling'.

Couldnt help but laugh with him rocking about in the Stone Island jacket/trousers.

Some kid

Archived