What's Scarier - Movies or Games?

Captain Lithuania

Movies or Games  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Movies or Games

• Movies
    • Games

Say What Again

I voted movies, but years ago Silent Hill used to scare the **** out of me when I played it at home in the dark, 3am after a late shift!

Dean Winchester
I voted movies, but years ago Silent Hill used to scare the **** out of me when I played it at home in the dark, 3am after a late shift!

Silent Hill is the only game that's ever scared me. Never been scared of any movies as such.

This shouldn't even be up for discussion ffs. Games are much scarier than films. I'll even list a few of them...

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Doom

Fear 2 and Condemned demos were pretty scary.

I challenge anyone on here to name a scary film. Christ, Bioshock was scarier than any film I've ever seen!

Not trying to sound cool or anything, but films dont scare me at all. Biggest time ive jumped when playing a game was playing Half-life 2 for the 1st time when i was about 14 @ 3AM. Those zombies in ravenholm really got me. :10900:

Not that I'm a big gamer, but there's been a couple of games that have genuinely made me jump. More than can be said for most movies I've watched.

:hat2:

jamboinglasgow
Not trying to sound cool or anything, but films dont scare me at all. Biggest time ive jumped when playing a game was playing Half-life 2 for the 1st time when i was about 14 @ 3AM. Those zombies in ravenholm really got me. :10900:

every time I play it and get to that bit I want to get out of it as quick as possible because it is scary, play my best during that area.

Games have given me some frights.

Resident evil gave me a few. I remember some monster jumping through the window of a changing room in the 1st one. My pants needed changing after that!

every time I play it and get to that bit I want to get out of it as quick as possible because it is scary, play my best during that area.

Haha me too. I honestly think, without exaggeration ive compleated half-life 100 times :laugh:

Just get into the zone for that bit :10900: I allways keep my magnum rounds till the end where your holding out on the roof. Good times. :2thumbsup:

AlphonseCapone

In films, your watching someone else in control. But in games, your in control and that makes it scarier!

Games where you're slowly wandering around for seemingly ages knowing that at any given second something might either jump out at you, be following you or be around the corner are scarier than any movies. Twisted plots and ominous signs (e.g. a trail of blood for example, a random sound like a child screaming) help.

See: Silent Hill.

Also, who remembers that ****ing weird bit in Max Payne after he had been jagged with that weird drug? The bit where you had to walk in exact straight lines along tracks of blood, where every few seconds you hear his son screaming and crying? Horrible bit, that.

Good part about going to Ravenholm is using the gravity gun and the circular saws

:th_o:

Games have given me some frights.

Resident evil gave me a few. I remember some monster jumping through the window of a changing room in the 1st one. My pants needed changing after that!

Was it not in Res Evil 2, going thro the police interview room when the monster with the long tongue jumps through the window.

Yes, i also jumped at that bit

:nah:

Also, who remembers that ****ing weird bit in Max Payne after he had been jagged with that weird drug? The bit where you had to walk in exact straight lines along tracks of blood, where every few seconds you hear his son screaming and crying? Horrible bit, that.

i mind staying up all night playing that, and that bit was well freaky

Sconnie and I are having a 'discussion' on the xbox whether movies or games are scarier?

Sconnie wins.

I'd say most of the people who voted for films haven't played anything other than sonic or mario tbh.

Gears of War is well creepy. Them berserker dudes screechin then charging outta nowhere. Not the best to play in a dark room as I was the other night. Great game though.

Silent Hill, Resident Evil, even Doom all have their horrible 'oh****oh****oh****' moments.

Games are much more immersive than films.

I mind ****ting myself on the first Tomb Raider where the bear suddenly appear at your back.

Not overly scary, but I remember just about having a heart attack.

Archived